Baseball @ KU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I didn’t want to be “that guy” after Friday, but I was a tad concerned. We had three errors on Friday and Kd 13 times. But a freak game masked all that.

I’ll tell you what I’d like to see, Josh Holliday the baseball player. That kid was tough as hell, always playing with passion, and made his teammates better

The coach, while yes, can’t always be that way—he just makes excuses for his guys and stands there with his arms folded.

Yes baseball is a game of failure, with the bat. It’s not supposed to be with the glove and not as often on the mound as our starters and closers do.

It looks like a culture of toleration. Guys make mistakes and yes sometimes you stick with them, but at some point you have to bench somebody or move them. You can almost set hit watch to this teams mistakes.

There’s a lot of season left and college baseball is crazy, but this up and down play (down because of not executing basic baseball usually) has gone on for three seasons now.

I hope they get it turned around. I’m just pissed that I spent four hours following that game for that ending.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
Horrible, time for major hot seats for this staff who now have to play real baseball teams. I say 14-10 conference record is the minimum to meet to get off the seats. The big disappointment is there is no evidence to use to hope for improvement next year. This pitching staff was supposed to be incredible but quickly coached to below average.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Missed opportunities with runners on base, missed fly ball for out 3 that leads to a 3 run homer, bad location on a second slider in a row on a 1-2 count then a miss play of a ball you have to keep in front of you, and lead off walks. Just a bad performance to a bad team.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
Feels like another yawner of a season where we likely slip in the back door of the NCAA tournament as an underperforming 3 seed on the road, lose two and go home. Not a good way to honor the last season in Ally P.
OH, but we will be better next year because we will be in a new stadium. We will see. I asked the question about a month ago....Is JH good enough as a head coach???

Oct 30, 2007
Feels like another yawner of a season where we likely slip in the back door of the NCAA tournament as an underperforming 3 seed on the road, lose two and go home. Not a good way to honor the last season in Ally P.
OH, but we will be better next year because we will be in a new stadium. We will see. I asked the question about a month ago....Is JH good enough as a head coach???
A better question is does JH coach at all?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
For those that have been making excuses for their errors and lack of offense, and saying give this team some credit, what are your thoughts now??? It seems that we may be just a little above average.
My thoughts are the same. Feel free to go back and read all the points that I made that you never responded to.

Yes, this team is average right now. Has Holliday’s tenure to date been average? No, not even close.

Dec 21, 2008
I dont get the lack of focus, boneheaded plays and lack of emotion. We play lost, disinterested and always look like our players are looking over our shoulder to see if they messed up. When we play OU we play lights out, focused, execute and usually perform really well. I’m wondering if JH is having trouble connecting with his players especially the ones who continue to struggle