Baseball at Iowa

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Our Sunday pitching has been weak all year long. Any chance we get either of our injured or surgically repaired pitchers back before the end of the year? We could sure use a strong Sunday starter for these last two series and for the postseason
You understand that if they were to come back, they would be on very limited pitch counts and would only see very limited action the rest of the year. I can only shake my head when one of you guys think they'll be our savior. :facepalm:

Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Wonder how much of the pitching issues can be attributed to the all turf mound. Not trying to make excuses for the pitching staff but am sure pitching on a mound like that would take some getting used to.

I cannot stand fake turf fields in baseball. Think it is such bush league. And yes I know it is a climate issue up north. Still hate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
In the grand scheme I don’t think what we did this weekend will have too much of a factor. That is if we take care of business the next 2 weeks. I think as long as we split, which wins the league, we will host. It could however change where we fall in seeding. We were projected at 12 before a 1-3 week.

Jun 14, 2017
Texas
You understand that if they were to come back, they would be on very limited pitch counts and would only see very limited action the rest of the year. I can only shake my head when one of you guys think they'll be our savior. :facepalm:
Exactly. Also Heasley has been decent the last several outings. 3 ER on a Sunday should give your team a chance.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Wonder how much of the pitching issues can be attributed to the all turf mound. Not trying to make excuses for the pitching staff but am sure pitching on a mound like that would take some getting used to.

I cannot stand fake turf fields in baseball. Think it is such bush league. And yes I know it is a climate issue up north. Still hate them.

If you’re going with turf at least have a dirt mound like Tech.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Updated standings through this weekend. These are the 5 teams still alive for the regular season title.
OU, Tech and Baylor hanging by a thread.
If Texas sweeps against TCU, the Cowboys will need to win 3 of their last 6.

1525644960604.png

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Overall, ran into a red hot team with decent talent at their house fighting for their lives for an NCAA bid, which they may have just clinched by beating us.

A little humble pie after a Bedlam sweep isnt necessarily a terrible thing at this juncture, as long as our guys respond in the right way.

And, if a lot of you haven't already learned this, never underestimate a Holliday team's ability to pick itself up off the mat.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017
Texas
And, today didn't surprise me at all. I had a feeling we had just lost the series after yesterday's disaster. You score 14 runs and still drop the game, that's just a ridiculously bad performance by the entire pitching staff. Hope they all got it out of their systems.
Yep should’ve won the series. Gave yesterday away big time. Would’ve won 2/3 which would’ve been a successful weekend. Need to refocus/calibrate and bounce back!

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Oklahoma State baseball dropped the rubber game of its weekend series against Iowa Sunday in an 11-3 loss at Iowa City, Iowa.

The Cowboys finished with six hits in the contest. Carson McCusker’s home run in the third inning accounted for OSU’s first run, while Daniel DeSimone and Matt Kroon recorded RBIs in the ninth to close out the scoring.
Link