Baker vs Mason

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yes I love Italy. I've already been to Rome, but i'll also spend a few days close to the Amalfi coast in Naples and Ischia. I thought about going to Capri instead, you know, so I can catch celebrities sunbathing nude on their yachts. But It's a tourist trap anyway. Bedlam is on my first day there, so the result could potentially have an influence on my happiness level. Then again I was in Amsterdam when OU lost bedlam in 2011, and I enjoyed it a lot!
You have got to go to Amalifi and position...it's just beautiful and less crowded in the fall...I think better than Capri. Heard ischa is great for hot springs and pretty cool scenery as well. Naples is a little seedy and gritty but very interesting in human terms. Enjoy your time and not the game. Take care and enjoy.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm quite sure you did. lol

I have a great uncle that was killed in the Battle of Anzio in Nettuno, Italy in WWII and is buried in the Sicily-Rome American Cemetery and Memorial there. None of my family has ever visited his grave but I would like to someday. My wife is onboard, if I can get my billfold to agree we will be in good shape. I have done some research and it is beautiful there. Enjoy and I hope day 1 of your trip is terrible. :D
Look into Tripmasters.com pretty much airfare and hotels for the price of just airfare on other sites. It's really not that crazy expensive if you know where to look and do your research. Took my wife and son for 10 days for about $4k airfare hotels and high speed rail all included.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You have got to go to Amalifi and position...it's just beautiful and less crowded in the fall...I think better than Capri. Heard ischa is great for hot springs and pretty cool scenery as well. Naples is a little seedy and gritty but very interesting in human terms. Enjoy your time and not the game. Take care and enjoy.
Thanks, I will. I have heard Naples is a bit seedy, If i had more time I would certainly see the Amalfi coast.

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
Thanks, I will. I have heard Naples is a bit seedy, If i had more time I would certainly see the Amalfi coast.
Good time to go. Venice is perfect this time of year. I understand that Rome is a "bucket list" check for Italy, but having lived in Italy for 2 years, I enjoyed Florence the most, followed by Venice, Milan, Siena. the Amalfi drive is certainly a must do, and if you do Pompeii, you have to do Herculanium. BTW, Never, ever leave your luggage unattended, especially on a train, and if it is a public train car, someone has to stay awake. Italy has few robbers, but many thieves.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Good time to go. Venice is perfect this time of year. I understand that Rome is a "bucket list" check for Italy, but having lived in Italy for 2 years, I enjoyed Florence the most, followed by Venice, Milan, Siena. the Amalfi drive is certainly a must do, and if you do Pompeii, you have to do Herculanium. BTW, Never, ever leave your luggage unattended, especially on a train, and if it is a public train car, someone has to stay awake. Italy has few robbers, but many thieves.
I think of all the countries I've visited, Italy was the dirtiest, seediest and more full of sheisters than anywhere else. Already planning Pompeii and Herculanium though!

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Yes I love Italy. I've already been to Rome, but i'll also spend a few days close to the Amalfi coast in Naples and Ischia. I thought about going to Capri instead, you know, so I can catch celebrities sunbathing nude on their yachts. But It's a tourist trap anyway. Bedlam is on my first day there, so the result could potentially have an influence on my happiness level. Then again I was in Amsterdam when OU lost bedlam in 2011, and I enjoyed it a lot!
If you being in Europe for Bedlam results in sooner losses, I'm sure this board will fund a Europe excursion for you every season. Lets see what happens this Saturday. There could be a correlation.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
If you being in Europe for Bedlam results in sooner losses, I'm sure this board will fund a Europe excursion for you every season. Lets see what happens this Saturday. There could be a correlation.
I was in France in 2006 when they lost in the first round to a 11 seed. I was in Greece in 2008 when OU lost to texas. I was on an airplane when they lost to clemson a couple years ago too. I dont like it but it feels like OU loses when I travel, as if the lord of travel has pegged me for punishment for traveling. Or i'm just being protected from the heartache of witnessing such things?

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
I was in France in 2006 when they lost in the first round to a 11 seed. I was in Greece in 2008 when OU lost to texas. I was on an airplane when they lost to clemson a couple years ago too. I dont like it but it feels like OU loses when I travel, as if the lord of travel has pegged me for punishment for traveling. Or i'm just being protected from the heartache of witnessing such things?
I was at the Astros epic game last night, thought when we were down 4-0 it looked grim....just shows you never know!!

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I think we’ll find out for sure Saturday. Once OU goes down I’ll start passing the pot around. Not the smoking kind but like the go fund me kind.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I think we’ll find out for sure Saturday. Once OU goes down I’ll start passing the pot around. Not the smoking kind but like the go fund me kind.
Going to miss three games. Oh and watch out because I am also a Thunder fan, so we could be in for a stretch of fun. Luckily I’ll be back in time for the warriors game.

I bet my winless 49ers finally win though. That’ll buck the trend

Oct 30, 2012
Give credit when credit is due. Mayfield played lights out and made some big plays. Made a few bad mistakes also but made up for it in big plays. Rudolph played good as well, just not good enough. Crazy game, we are cursed.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
ya, b/c you aren't random internet guy predicting that bakey's gonna win the heisman...........people should definitely listen to you over the other rando internet dork............
View attachment 56673 And just like that, Baker's Heisman hopes go right down the shitter.... again.
This thread is FULL of gold

@TypicalGooner but you said the heisman is still possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk