Baker Mayfield - The Man, The Myth, The Legend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Please tell me the goons aren't pinning their hopes on a techtard reject walk on. Please tell me the mighty clips have recruited better than that. This is gonna be a fun season. :lol:

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Tell me about how Gundy has a track record of recruiting successful quarterbacks.

I haven't heard a good fairy tale in a while.

You are such an idiot. And such a typical gooner, all living in your smell your own fart smug past.
Walsh, Rudolf, Kolar(from Norman btw) and now a top 15 qb commit.
Throw in our preferred walk-on who isn't even a tech reject. You would trade them for anything in Norman in a heartbeat, you're just to stupid proud to admit it....

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
You are such an idiot. And such a typical gooner, all living in your smell your own fart smug past.
Throw in our preferred walk-on who isn't even a tech reject. You would trade them for anything in Norman in a heartbeat, you're just to stupid proud to admit it....
So angry

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
Lmfao. Rob the comedian is back.

A grown man using the word gooner and he has the nerve to call someone else stupid.

I would trade OUs QBs for a lot of QBs out there and none of them currently reside in Stillwater.

Walsh is basically Knight.

Rudolph has played 3 games and had mediocre stats against horrible pass Ds. I may change my stance when I see more of him, but jury is still out for me.

Kolar hasn't don't anything.

OU has top QBs locked up for the next two years, so I will take my chances with what's in Norman.

It has nothing to do with pride, it's all about known vs unknown

Oct 30, 2012

A grown man using the word gooner and he has the nerve to call someone else stupid.

I would trade OUs QBs for a lot of QBs out there and none of them currently reside in Stillwater.

Rudolph has played 3 games and had mediocre stats against horrible pass Ds. I may change my stance when I see more of him, but jury is still out for me.

OU has top QBs locked up for the next two years, so I will take my chances with what's in Norman.

How can you say that Mayfield is proven and Rudolph isn't?

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

Yet somehow, Baker Mayfield is going to tear it up. Your crimson tainted logic is blinding any reality you may own.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Rudolph would've won your QB battle in Norman. Stoops would easily make that trade.

The only thing known in Norman is a low level recruit played one good game and a high level recruit can't beat out a Tech walkon.

Step off the wagon and look at it from an outsider's perspective. The OU QB situation looks bad right now. Real bad.

We'll see if Baker has gotten any better, but I'm willing to bet Rudolph will be the better QB with the better season.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

So you can sit there and honestly say that you would rather have the three stooges that Stoops is trying to get ready than Rudolph and Walsh? Because that's a special kind of stupid right there. You should audition for the Sports Animal and join those assclowns who think ou has a better receiving corp than the Pokes.

TouchdownCowboys

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2009
In Your Computer
oSu went 2-1 in three road games against 3 bowl eligible teams with a true freshman QB after losing 5 straight. Denial is the only reason the jury is out for you. Can you help me find Trevor Knight on that list?

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/102551/big-12-preseason-quarterback-rankings

2. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State: Small sample size, sure, but what we saw from Rudolph in 2014 sure was scintillating. Against Baylor and Oklahoma, he proved he can spin it (17.3 yards per completion) and showed no fear, taking over in a tough spot and turning around his team’s fortunes. With another year of seasoning and J.W. Walsh's invaluable help, the sophomore is poised to take his game to another level.

6. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma: The swagger prince of the Big 12 walked on and needed only one year of practice to surpass two Sooners with starting experience. He’ll have to compete day in and day out to keep the starting job -- Lincoln Riley’s loyalties will go to whomever takes care of the ball -- but few can match Mayfield’s confidence. He’ll bring some juice to this new-look offense.

Last edited: