Baker Mayfield - The Man, The Myth, The Legend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Luckily for monken he's not stuck behind someone like rudolph. He's got a real budding super star. Luckiest OC in all of the NFL.
Not so much, he's still working with the second best former techite QB in the League. If he were going to KC then he'd be the luckiest OC in the League. Monken is still going to clown college with this move.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Nothing lucky about having Ryan Fitzpatrick as your starter. All coaching skill in making in a player, all of sudden. Now that Baker has a good OC, the sky is the limit and all Sooners will soon be Monkies.
Him being the luckiest OC in the NFL has nothing to do with any tampa bay players.

The sky was always the limit with Mayfield, look what the best OC on Earth has done for him

Not so much, he's still working with the second best former techite QB in the League. If he were going to KC then he'd be the luckiest OC in the League. Monken is still going to clown college with this move.
Oh yeah he's definitely the luckiest OC in the league. His predecessor has never been a coordinator ever in his life. Ever. And in just a few short months as OC he was promoted to HC.. All hail Mayfield, making careers.

He's going to make monken a mountain of money. Lucky dog.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Him being the luckiest OC in the NFL has nothing to do with any tampa bay players.

The sky was always the limit with Mayfield, look what the best OC on Earth has done for him

Oh yeah he's definitely the luckiest OC in the league. His predecessor has never been a coordinator ever in his life. Ever. And in just a few short months as OC he was promoted to HC.. All hail Mayfield, making careers.

He's going to make monken a mountain of money. Lucky dog.
The best OC on earth and not in the NFL? Never heard of her. Outer space is Baker's new limit now that he has Monken.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
The best OC on earth and not in the NFL? Never heard of her. Outer space is Baker's new limit now that he has Monken.
If Riley wanted to be in the nfl, he'd be a HC right now. Lucky for us he doesnt have that itch!

Now youre just being silly. Tell me, what qbs has monken nurtured into this incredible space bound trajectory? Before you cite fitzmagic, that rocket already crash landed into fizzlepatrick. Winston? He's been better than he was this year. Who would you point out to and say, "Look here Baker you punk ass ball grabbing bitch, look what I did with (insert qb here) under my tutelage. I'm the best thing that's ever happened to you."

Look at what BM did for Coach Bro. Took him from the unemployment line, to OC at USC, to HC of the Arizona Cardinals in less than a month. Man, he's a helluva guy. :thumbup:
View attachment 67724
View attachment 67726
View attachment 67725
Everyone who leaves tech goes on to do better things. Good for them

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
If Riley wanted to be in the nfl, he'd be a HC right now. Lucky for us he doesnt have that itch!

Now youre just being silly. Tell me, what qbs has monken nurtured into this incredible space bound trajectory? Before you cite fitzmagic, that rocket already crash landed into fizzlepatrick. Winston? He's been better than he was this year. Who would you point out to and say, "Look here Baker you punk ass ball grabbing bitch, look what I did with (insert qb here) under my tutelage. I'm the best thing that's ever happened to you."

Everyone who leaves tech goes on to do better things. Good for them
He turned a baseball player into a Heisman candidate. He has created a top NFL offense which you keep downplaying as if it didn't happen or doesn't count. I mean.. look at Baker. He's only done well for one coach and that was in college, not the NFL where it's only speculation that pro teams wanted Riley. Riley is probably too afraid of the NFL anyway, so it doesn't matter.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
This is funny, @Midnight Toker... Fitzmagic and Winston were ahead of Baker in QB Ratings. You have trashed both those QB's play this year and gotten on your knees to treat Baker like he's your bong. Todd Monken was Fitzmagic and Winston's coach. I think you'll be very happy with your Baker hits come the 2019 season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/passing.htm

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
He turned a baseball player into a Heisman candidate. He has created a top NFL offense which you keep downplaying as if it didn't happen or doesn't count. I mean.. look at Baker. He's only done well for one coach and that was in college, not the NFL where it's only speculation that pro teams wanted Riley. Riley is probably too afraid of the NFL anyway, so it doesn't matter.
Saying he's a baseball player turned Heisman candidate is intellectually dishonest. He's considered a top 10 high school qb of all time, he played baseball for fun. It's not like he was a barely recruited walk on. Baker did pretty well for his high school coach too. But he also did well last season in Cleveland, got his OC promoted to HC. It's far from just speculation that many teams are interested in Riley and his offense. Lol afraid of the nfl? Nah. I guess saban is too, what a sucker going and becoming a legend in the college game instead. I wouldnt leave OU for the nfl if I were him either. Not until he's had his fun at the college level.

This is funny, @Midnight Toker... Fitzmagic and Winston were ahead of Baker in QB Ratings. You have trashed both those QB's play this year and gotten on your knees to treat Baker like he's your bong. Todd Monken was Fitzmagic and Winston's coach. I think you'll be very happy with your Baker hits come the 2019 season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/passing.htm
You better hope they had higher qb ratings, they are both seasoned vets with almost 200 games between them. Would you rather have either of them or Mayfield if you are an OC? I trashed them for good reason; fitzpatrick started hot and faltered and lost his job to winston who isnt much better than he was when he came into the league 4 years ago. Mayfield will be significantly better 3 years from now than he was his rookie year. I'll be happy with Mayfield regardless. I mean he did win rookie of the month in november and won 5 of their last 7 games with a running backs coach calling plays, so the expectations under someone who has actually been an OC before should be higher.

In fact here's something interesting, the league's top defense, the Ravens, gave up three 300 yard passers all year long. Two of them were Mayfield with 346 and 376. Brees had 212, Matt Ryan 131, Rivers 181, and of course Winston had 157 yards.

I dont use bongs, I'm all blunts.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Saying he's a baseball player turned Heisman candidate is intellectually dishonest. He's considered a top 10 high school qb of all time, he played baseball for fun. It's not like he was a barely recruited walk on. Baker did pretty well for his high school coach too. But he also did well last season in Cleveland, got his OC promoted to HC. It's far from just speculation that many teams are interested in Riley and his offense. Lol afraid of the nfl? Nah. I guess saban is too, what a sucker going and becoming a legend in the college game instead. I wouldnt leave OU for the nfl if I were him either. Not until he's had his fun at the college level.

You better hope they had higher qb ratings, they are both seasoned vets with almost 200 games between them. Would you rather have either of them or Mayfield if you are an OC? I trashed them for good reason; fitzpatrick started hot and faltered and lost his job to winston who isnt much better than he was when he came into the league 4 years ago. Mayfield will be significantly better 3 years from now than he was his rookie year. I'll be happy with Mayfield regardless. I mean he did win rookie of the month in november and won 5 of their last 7 games with a running backs coach calling plays, so the expectations under someone who has actually been an OC before should be higher.

In fact here's something interesting, the league's top defense, the Ravens, gave up three 300 yard passers all year long. Two of them were Mayfield with 346 and 376. Brees had 212, Matt Ryan 131, Rivers 181, and of course Winston had 157 yards.

You're a dumbass, he was talking about Weeden. Monken never coached Murray, you swamp twat.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

I was clearly referencing Brandon Weeden and now you’re making excuses for Baker.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You're a dumbass, he was talking about Weeden. Monken never coached Murray, you swamp twat.
I understand he never coached murray, I didnt know he was referencing weeden. He's pretty forgettable at this point. Didnt think he'd reference a career backup as a success story of his here. He'll be an upgrade over kitchens, so im expecting a nice sophmore year follow up!

I was clearly referencing Brandon Weeden and now you’re making excuses for Baker.
It wasnt clear to me at that moment in time. To be fair weeden was a fairly accomplished and proven college qb when monken came to town. He really broke out in 2010. In fact he turned what was a 2010 1st team all big 12 brandon weeden into a 2011 2nd team all big 12 brandon weeden. Woot woot. I thought i remember him being a heisman candidate too but he wasnt even in the top 10 in voting. Isnt it typical of a heisman candidate to get even a single 3rd place vote? I always thought you have to get some actual official votes if you are truly a legitimate candidate. Maybe he got some but i couldnt find it.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/heisman-2011.html

I'd say monken is much more of an offensive guru than he is a qb mentor. But he gets to pad that resume with a Mayfield. Sure beats the days in Hattiesburg.

What excuses? Baker is boss. So what if his qbr isnt as high as a guy who came into the league when Baker was 11. It was higher than winston's and a couple super bowl champs too. The other 3 rookie qbs were literally dead last in the nfl in qbr and Mayfield is in the weeds having similar seasons to seasoned vets and he's short 3 starts! I'm excited for monken too, i bet Mayfield will even sign a jersey for him

In his defense, Baker's sack was over his eyes when he read your post.
My thing is, light up a blunt, log on to orange power.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
So he'll do well under monken, but after monken leaves he'll regress and become a career bench warmer? Should be an interesting post to come back to in a few years.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Yeah, we're a long ways away from when you thought this was funny

Please tell me the goons aren't pinning their hopes on a techtard reject walk on. Please tell me the mighty clips have recruited better than that. This is gonna be a fun season. :lol:
You are such an idiot. And such a typical gooner, all living in your smell your own fart smug past.
Walsh, Rudolf, Kolar(from Norman btw) and now a top 15 qb commit.
Throw in our preferred walk-on who isn't even a tech reject. You would trade them for anything in Norman in a heartbeat, you're just to stupid proud to admit it....