Baker Mayfield - The Man, The Myth, The Legend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Monken is a badass man. He and Kitchens together are gonna turn that offense lethal. That’s exactly the style Baker needs to be running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. We all hate that he went there, but it is a really good fit.
Agreed. The real kick in the pants is them losing Gregg Williams in all of the hubbub.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Being a pro bowler was already on his trajectory. Look how well he played despite losing his HC and OC. Baker's gonna Baker, and it's more likely Baker balling out will make Monken look good
Baker would have started from day 1 and have ROY in the bag if Monken was his OC. You like what you've seen so far, but Monken is going to take Baker's game places that Baker never thought was possible.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Being a pro bowler was already on his trajectory. Look how well he played despite losing his HC and OC. Baker's gonna Baker, and it's more likely Baker balling out will make Monken look good
He's not going pro bowling unless Brady retires and/or Mahomes and the Chiefs fall apart. I guess he could go as the third teamer.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
He's not going pro bowling unless Brady retires and/or Mahomes and the Chiefs fall apart. I guess he could go as the third teamer.

It’ll be tough sure, but Brady will be gone soon, so will Rowthlisberger, rivers, and Watson, Mahomes, Mayfield will be fighting it out for a long time for those spots.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Baker would have started from day 1 and have ROY in the bag if Monken was his OC. You like what you've seen so far, but Monken is going to take Baker's game places that Baker never thought was possible.

Who is to say Haley didn’t want him to start? That was on the head coach.

I doubt that, it would take years to take his game “places that he never thought was possible”. Baker is so good that he is going to make an OC look like he should be an HC. He won’t be there too long

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

I doubt that, it would take years to take his game “places that he never thought was possible”. Baker is so good that he is going to make an OC look like he should be an HC. He won’t be there too long
Yep. Monken will make Baker into twice the QB he currently is and will be a HC very soon. From there, Baker’s game will likely take a step back but he’ll always have Monken to thank for taking his game to the next level. Y’all are going to be very happy with this hire for years to come.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Yep. Monken will make Baker into twice the QB he currently is and will be a HC very soon. From there, Baker’s game will likely take a step back but he’ll always have Monken to thank for taking his game to the next level. Y’all are going to be very happy with this hire for years to come.
Baker turned kitchens , a guy who was a career position coach, who hadn’t even been a coordinator before into a hc. At this rate he can turn a proven oc into a Lincoln riley.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Baker turned kitchens , a guy who was a career position coach, who hadn’t even been a coordinator before into a hc. At this rate he can turn a proven oc into a Lincoln riley.
Monken had Fitzpatrick looking like an All Pro, performing at a level that should not have ever been reached. He will do wonders with Mayfield. Mayfield is very fortunate to get the best coaching this coming season. That’s never been the case in Cleveland.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I have no idea how you guys can have Monken so high on a pedestal. It’s like worshipping someone who passed over you while crowdsurfing.

says the old guy who tries to make "buddies" w/ prepubescent, pop warner football stars............