Baker Mayfield - The Man, The Myth, The Legend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
If you knew anything about football or watched that game, you’d feel good too. Those offenses are brutal. You don’t see teams willing to chip you for 2-3 yards and routinely go for it on 4th and short every time anywhere on the field. Those guys had four drives that took over forty minutes and ran between 16-19 plays. Find me another offense built to do that on our schedule. Hell anyone’s schedule. I guarantee they’re a service academy. Tulane and Georgia Tech run a similar offense. But nothing like the archaic service academies do. Those guys always play the big programs tough.

That’s why we’re able to sleep easy at night too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, was in Stillwater, not that I'd pay to watch ou on tv anyway. Just know that Duke beat them by 20 and they're a dog going in to Buffalo, so there's that.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
If you knew anything about football or watched that game, you’d feel good too. Those offenses are brutal. You don’t see teams willing to chip you for 2-3 yards and routinely go for it on 4th and short every time anywhere on the field. Those guys had four drives that took over forty minutes and ran between 16-19 plays. Find me another offense built to do that on our schedule. Hell anyone’s schedule. I guarantee they’re a service academy. Tulane and Georgia Tech run a similar offense. But nothing like the archaic service academies do. Those guys always play the big programs tough.

That’s why we’re able to sleep easy at night too.

Nah, was in Stillwater, not that I'd pay to watch ou on tv anyway. Just know that Duke beat them by 20 and they're a dog going in to Buffalo, so there's that.
Boy you got me there

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Boy you got me there

Sorry, but had to inject some realism. Next thing you know Baylor will be the next Bama.
I’m pretty sure your realism just got injected directly up your ass by Kliff Kingsbury. If you jump up and down you might be able to get it all out.

Meanwhile, I’ll enjoy having an awesome quarterback, offensive line and a deep talented defense. Three things you guys are sorely lacking.

Oh yeah... and being undefeated.

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
I’m pretty sure your realism just got injected directly up your ass by Kliff Kingsbury. If you jump up and down you might be able to get it all out.

Meanwhile, I’ll enjoy having an awesome quarterback, offensive line and a deep talented defense. Three things you guys are sorely lacking.

Play a top 40 offense and get back to me.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Dude your offense fell on their face. If you think we couldn’t out score Tech, then you’re crazy.

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK

Dude your offense fell on their face. If you think we couldn’t out score Tech, then you’re crazy.

I’m not making excuses for OSU. We have an average at best QB - is what it is. Just saying, OU has question marks.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

I’m not making excuses for OSU. We have an average at best QB - is what it is. Just saying, OU has question marks.

Question marks how? Hakeem Butler has a great game and made two great plays and a triple option offense is hard to get off the field occasionally.

Other than that. What am I missing?

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK

Question marks how? Hakeem Butler has a great game and made two great plays and a triple option offense is hard to get off the field occasionally.

Well I guess if you sugar coat it with crimson shades on, you’re right, no questions whatsoever. Iowa State got lucky moving the ball with ease (after Iowa stuffed them) and Army taking you to OT (after getting drilled by Duke) is of no concern.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Well I guess if you sugar coat it with crimson shades on, you’re right, no questions whatsoever. Iowa State got lucky moving the ball with ease (after Iowa stuffed them) and Army taking you to OT (after getting drilled by Duke) is of no concern.

For someone who didn’t watch either game, you sure know a lot about what’s going on.

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK

For someone who didn’t watch either game, you sure know a lot about what’s going on.

I watched most of Iowa State game. Anyway, we’ll see soon enough.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You sure seem informed. I mean... since you can pin point the problems and all. If you’re gonna say two games are alarming but you only watch a portion of one game... then I’m sure your opinion matters a lot.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
you boys are really struggling with that one
Greasy puke: You all got sodomized Saturday.

Sooners might give up a tough one here and there but they won't be anyone's little female canine.

And greasy puke, it's possible that orange nation might just be into that type of action.

JLynne obviously isn't.

He doesn't seem to dig that bottom scene.

So paint your nails orange, polish your paddles, limber up for the gender bent wave - because the season is just starting. Mullet is obviously dehydrated or is finally publicly acknowledging his oral fixation. Blame everyone including the coaches, recruiters, players, officials - except tbun and your defective stoolvater culture.
Clemson just called and wanted to know if you want lube or not next time?

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Soooo, three straight drives for a TD to start the game. Then...

4plays 14 yds PUNT (the defense gave you 20 yds in penalties)
3yd pass, Incomplete Pass, Incomplete Pass, Sack, Punt

2plays 8 yds INT
8yd pass, deep pass intercepted at the Army 15

9plays 78yds Turnover on downs
a bunch of runs by Sermon, 2 goal line stops at the 1

8plays 46 yds Missed FG
All running plays by Sermon & Murray, Missed 32 yd FG

Yep, that "triple option" defense really kept you off the field. Or, perhaps, are there some execution issues.
It's okay. Happens to everybody...except maybe...Duke

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
You sure seem informed. I mean... since you can pin point the problems and all. If you’re gonna say two games are alarming but you only watch a portion of one game... then I’m sure your opinion matters a lot.

You're about the only Goon fan I've seen/heard that doesn't have some concerns. That was all the talk on the Sooner Animal driving in to work today.