Baker Mayfield - The Man, The Myth, The Legend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
With the right qb they can be a much different team on offense. They arent all that talented but the way I see they'd be better with a more dynamic play maker in Mayfield. And even though he's a rookie, rookies make rookie mistakes, he'd improve fast.
The next couple of weeks will be telling, imo. They win a couple to get to 2-1-1 & the mindset is "hey, the sky's the limit." Lose both & at 0-3-1 it's "let's see what Mayfield can do."

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
The next couple of weeks will be telling, imo. They win a couple to get to 2-1-1 & the mindset is "hey, the sky's the limit." Lose both & at 0-3-1 it's "let's see what Mayfield can do."
You certainly dont want to sit on developing your first round pick if the starter ahead of him cant win!

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
You certainly dont want to sit on developing your first round pick if the starter ahead of him cant win!
Yep. There's only 16 games, if you're the Browns, you gotta bite the bullet if you want to try and win one of them.

Not to mention, the Browns have really screwed up the NFL's TV matchup for tonight. It was clearly scheduled for two top rookie QBs to battle it out.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Yep. There's only 16 games, if you're the Browns, you gotta bite the bullet if you want to try and win one of them.

Not to mention, the Browns have really screwed up the NFL's TV matchup for tonight. It was clearly scheduled for two top rookie QBs to battle it out.
Yeah, strange to see the Browns & Jets featured on Thursday & Monday night 2 times each in the first 3 weeks.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
In an ideal world, sure, it's great for a young QB to sit behind a polished veteran & learn the ropes, a la Mahomes & Rodgers. Those two, however, are the exception & not the rule. They were both drafted to good teams, whereas the Josh Allens & Mayfields & the vast majority of 1st round QB's go to crappy teams.

With Mayfield, who knows? The Browns have definitely upgraded their overall talent, but if anyone can find a way to screw it up, it's them. Taylor's a serviceable veteran now who did take Buffalo to the playoffs last year, fwiw, but if I had to bet, the calls for Mayfield will only increase with each loss under Taylor. I think we'll see him start before the halfway point of the season.
You’re a good man, Charlie Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Great game by Mayfield, no question. Definitely begs the question what in the world the coaching staff is seeing in practice.

Having said that, the Browns will be an interesting watch now, imo. Nice comeback win, over a Jets team (Jets) playing its' 3rd game in 11 days. Take it for what it's worth, it's a win after all. Now they've got 9 days to get ready for a trip to Oakland, & the jury's still very much out on Gruden's Raiders, they could be 0-3 entering that game.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Yeah, you’re a fucking idiot.

I was very impressed with Baker last night. He throws a great ball which several were dropped. He is a big time winner.
He beat up Jarvis Landry right between the eight and zero on that crossing route lol

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Great game by Mayfield, no question. Definitely begs the question what in the world the coaching staff is seeing in practice.

Having said that, the Browns will be an interesting watch now, imo. Nice comeback win, over a Jets team (Jets) playing its' 3rd game in 11 days. Take it for what it's worth, it's a win after all. Now they've got 9 days to get ready for a trip to Oakland, & the jury's still very much out on Gruden's Raiders, they could be 0-3 entering that game.
Trust me. I’m a Buccaneers fan. The Raiders aren’t gonna get better. They’re just gonna get older. And Gruden is laughing all the way to the bank.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Turns out Mayfield was the only top rookie yesterday. Darnold is an interception machine that looks like he barely beat down's syndrome

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Turns out Mayfield was the only top rookie yesterday. Darnold is an interception machine that looks like he barely beat down's syndrome
Yeah, & Darnold was the toast of the league 2 weeks ago when they slaughtered a Lions team that's right there with the Jets.

Baker had a fantastic night last night against a bad to mediocre team. DC's are gonna start breaking him down now, & it'll be up to him to take that next step, & there's no reason to believe he won't.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Yeah, & Darnold was the toast of the league 2 weeks ago when they slaughtered a Lions team that's right there with the Jets.

Baker had a fantastic night last night against a bad to mediocre team. DC's are gonna start breaking him down now, & it'll be up to him to take that next step, & there's no reason to believe he won't.
The only reason Darnold won that game is Detroit turned over the ball six times.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

I'd say the lions and jets are on different trajectories. Jets have a respectable defense but darnold has always kind of stank to me, so this performance is right in line with his usc days. Baker faced the defense though and hot dog he looked good. I would say it's not out of the realm of reality to suggest that jets defense is faster and better than any D he faced at OU so that's a positive that he was able to look as good as he did, especially considering he's been getting 2nd team reps and sam 'he looks like he barely beat down's syndrome' darnold has been qb1.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Yeah, you’re a fucking idiot.

Nice, have to work a few days to come up with that? Deep thoughts by a man who's only validity is found in others accomplishments.
No it didn’t take me a few days to come up with that.

You don’t watch sports do you?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The only reason Darnold won that game is Detroit turned over the ball six times.

Don't get me wrong, I was absolutely sick of having Darnold & Rosen shoved down our throats the last 2 years in college, while meanwhile Mayfield & Rudolph were lighting it up.
Happens every year, sir. I’m not even shocked anymore. I just shake my head.