Baker Mayfield - The Man, The Myth, The Legend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
You can ask them both.

What does sooners have to do with the browns?
You, a sooner fan, already making excuses for your sooner alum QB. The whole reason I brought it up was because we was surrounded by some weapons, just not at OL. It was an easy jab, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
By riding the pine for a while and picking up the system, Baker should have a better chance to succeed. They seem to be adding some nice offensive pieces also.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
If the #1 overall pick can't succeed in an offense loaded with weapons, it will be clear they drafted the wrong guy.
You can have all the weapons you want, if your Oline cant block how can you deliver the payload? That's been their biggest problem beside not having playmakers at RB or QB. He looked good in his first game though.

You, a sooner fan, already making excuses for your sooner alum QB. The whole reason I brought it up was because we was surrounded by some weapons, just not at OL. It was an easy jab, like shooting fish in a barrel.
Not talking about any sooners, I was talking about the Browns. The starting qb is not a sooner, so i cant be making an excuse for a backup. Doesnt matter who the qb is, a bad line will make their job difficult. But if the line is decent, then that offense will be real good next year behind either of those two qbs. The weapons Mayfield had as a preseason qb though he used and he played pretty well. he's gonna be a good NFL qb.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
By riding the pine for a while and picking up the system, Baker should have a better chance to succeed. They seem to be adding some nice offensive pieces also.
Yeah, that'd be great for him. But you don't waste a #1 overall pick on a player to sit on the bench. With only a few exceptions, #1 overall QB's come in and contribute their rookie year...

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
You can have all the weapons you want, if your Oline cant block how can you deliver the payload? That's been their biggest problem beside not having playmakers at RB or QB. He looked good in his first game though.

Not talking about any sooners, I was talking about the Browns. The starting qb is not a sooner, so i cant be making an excuse for a backup. Doesnt matter who the qb is, a bad line will make their job difficult. But if the line is decent, then that offense will be real good next year behind either of those two qbs. The weapons Mayfield had as a preseason qb though he used and he played pretty well. he's gonna be a good NFL qb.
He should be the starter.

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
They'll start arguing about how accurate Bradford is and how bad the teams he's been on have been, but the truth is - he's capt checkdown.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
He should be the starter.
Why should a rookie start over who is proving to be a dependable and talented veteran? Taylor is good and I expect him to be the guy in 18 if he's good. It's really not a good idea to rely on a rookie qb unless you have to. Then if he's progressed satisfactorily they could feel comfortable going with him and not resigning Taylor. Either way whoever qb is they'll win some games

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I think it’s a recipe for a good offense. If I wanted to know about career clipboard holders I’d ask weeden
LOL only poor sooners get to use the OL excuse. Hilarious
Dude.. you guys make it every single year. Cut that shit.

Don’t pull the “poor Sooners” card and act like you’re laying amongst the roses.

You guys don’t put much talent in the league and not very often does it actually stick. You couldn’t beat Baker while he was here, and you can’t beat him while he’s gone. The way you run your mouths you’d think you were Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Dude.. you guys make it every single year. Cut that shit.

Don’t pull the “poor Sooners” card and act like you’re laying amongst the roses.

You guys don’t put much talent in the league and not very often does it actually stick. You couldn’t beat Baker while he was here, and you can’t beat him while he’s gone. The way you run your mouths you’d think you were Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:facepalm: According to Football Outsiders: offendsive line rankings based on stats for that season
ou #21 OSU #127
ou #12 OSU #87
ou #2 OSU #53
You"ve spent the better part of 3 yrs parading "Mayfly's" statistics around here. Comparing BM and MR even though Mason's production is right there with him.It's been discussed over and over concerning our issues on the OL. However, that was not considered a viable "excuse" by the goons. If Mason could keep pace with this kind of gap in talent and less depth...
Don't pretend you can't comprehend. It only solidifies your status as the village idiot.
No matter how many fairy prances Mayfly fluttered into the endzone, he was getting there because of the work and sheer numbers he had in front of him.

Does he have talent? Sure. But understanding life without a top OL may be the equalizer, if not actually tip the scales, isn't all that difficult.