Baker Mayfield - The Man, The Myth, The Legend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Oh there's lots of good stuff. You guys definitely have shared your opinions about Mayfield, and it's amazing how often they were wrong. It's almost as if you guys were blinded by your bias. wow even osu fans are susceptible to human impulses of stupidity.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Oh there's lots of good stuff. You guys definitely have shared your opinions about Mayfield, and it's amazing how often they were wrong. It's almost as if you guys were blinded by your bias. wow even osu fans are susceptible to human impulses of stupidity.
Only because you and your sis are here and can't understand anything but stupid

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Actually, nearly ALL of the poke fans I've discussed Bakey with agree he is a fantastic football player, and fun to watch, but like many of his fans, the douchebag factor is what turns us off.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Actually, nearly ALL of the poke fans I've discussed Bakey with agree he is a fantastic football player, and fun to watch, but like many of his fans, the douchebag factor is what turns us off.
Interestingly enough mt has half of what bm has...now all he needs is talent in something.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yeah, but its like, who cares ya know? You (pokes) let your personal feelings of him affect your assessment of his skills. What I am getting you guys being wrong with him is how good he would be at OU and his viability as an NFL prospect and really in thinking how much better rudolph would end up being than him. For the past 3 years. All i heard for years was "oh yeah well Mason is a much better prospect, he'll get drafted day 1 and Mayfield will be selling air conditioners by christmas" type of stuff. And that Mayfield couldnt repeat success without all the players that made him so great (Mixon, perine and westbrook). Now it's he wont be successful without being in OU's system. Maybe part of his attitude is because constantly has doubters in his ear saying he's too this or that to make it.

May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
From today's Oklahoman:

Lead the Browns to respectability, much less championship contention, and he'll be a hero for the ages. And not just around Lake Erie.

Only one problem. Odds are long against Mayfield, and it's mostly out of his control.

The Browns are an inept, dysfunctional organization showing no signs of figuring it out. Cleveland famously is 4-49 in its last 53 games, but the only reason we so easily go back to 2014 is that those Browns somehow got off to a 7-4 start before cratering. Aside from that uprising, Cleveland is 31-118 in the last 10 years

This is Cleveland, where quarterback careers go to die or never get off the ground.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
2012 had both coaches in Oklahoma. Y'all ate from his ass. We ate from the hand. Big difference.
This is too much metaphor for me. What do you mean?

From today's Oklahoman:

Lead the Browns to respectability, much less championship contention, and he'll be a hero for the ages. And not just around Lake Erie.

Only one problem. Odds are long against Mayfield, and it's mostly out of his control.

The Browns are an inept, dysfunctional organization showing no signs of figuring it out. Cleveland famously is 4-49 in its last 53 games, but the only reason we so easily go back to 2014 is that those Browns somehow got off to a 7-4 start before cratering. Aside from that uprising, Cleveland is 31-118 in the last 10 years

This is Cleveland, where quarterback careers go to die or never get off the ground.
No signs of figuring it out? They had a good draft, and had a pretty nice offseason acquisitions too. They finally have some skill players throughout the roster, so I think they are better equipped to compete in 18 than they have been the past few years. Yep they stink, challenge accepted!

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
This is too much metaphor for me. What do you mean?

No signs of figuring it out? They had a good draft, and had a pretty nice offseason acquisitions too. They finally have some skill players throughout the roster, so I think they are better equipped to compete in 18 than they have been the past few years. Yep they stink, challenge accepted!
See conversation with TG. Pretty straight forward.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
No one is singing Mike’s praises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 had both coaches in Oklahoma. Y'all ate from his ass. We ate from the hand. Big difference.
2012 didn’t work in your favor at all. Pretty sure you guys still ate ass. I remember splitting a share of the conference championship and a fun little overtime win in Bedlam.

That was the year Burns Hargis and T Boone we’re visibly drunk during a halftime dedication, Burns verbally fellated T Boone, and T Boone cussed in front of a family crowd.

That’s what I remember.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
From today's Oklahoman:

Their GM has a history of building winners. Everything is subject to change.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
2012 didn’t work in your favor at all. Pretty sure you guys still ate ass. I remember splitting a share of the conference championship and a fun little overtime win in Bedlam.

That was the year Burns Hargis and T Boone we’re visibly drunk during a halftime dedication, Burns verbally fellated T Boone, and T Boone cussed in front of a family crowd.

That’s what I remember.

And you ate from Stoops ass. I remember.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

That’s what I remember.

And you ate from Stoops ass. I remember.
You might think you’re making a point.... but you’re really not. You’re not a bottom feeder like some of the trolls around here. You’re an adult. Use your words.