Baker a bust at the Senior Bowl

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
"Mayfield played only the North's first two drives, going 3 of 7 for 9 yards. He was named the game's top quarterback after the practice sessions led by the Denver Broncos staff. Team officials requested him for the North squad."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...o-senior-bowl-star/ar-BBIjJoy?ocid=spartandhp

MOBILE, Ala. — Richmond's Kyle Lauletta threw three second-half touchdown passes and Texas-San Antonio's Marcus Davenport scored on a 19-yard fumble recovery to lead the South team to a 45-16 victory over the North in the Senior Bowl on Saturday.

FCS standout Lauletta more than held his own in elite quarterback company to cap the weeklong audition for NFL teams. That group included Oklahoma Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield and Wyoming's Josh Allen, a potential No. 1 overall draft pick who also had a huge third quarter.

Lauletta completed 8 of 12 passes for 198 yards, including a 75-yard touchdown strike to LSU's DJ Chark and some other nice downfield throws. Davenport, projected as a likely first-rounder and potential Top 10 pick, scooped up a fumble forced by Mississippi's Marquis Haynes to punctuate a big third quarter.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
God that’s so incredibly embarrassing. They only gave him nine attempts to prove his worth as a professional qb. Can we donate his Heisman Trophy and statue to Goodwill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
This was all he needed "named the game's top quarterback after the practice sessions led by the Denver Broncos staff." Everyone knows what he can do in games...but to smoke em in a pro style practice.....Baker has nothing to worry about. Good try though.

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
ya
This was all he needed "named the game's top quarterback after the practice sessions led by the Denver Broncos staff." Everyone knows what he can do in games...but to smoke em in a pro style practice.....Baker has nothing to worry about. Good try though.
ya, he's a shoo in for NFL stardom........... he wore out those college seniors in the Mobile bowl.........

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Bottom line, his draft stock increased that week. Starting to look like he'll get picked ahead of the boy wonder rudolph. And for years I heard on this very board about how Mayfield will be sacking groceries or selling air conditioners in a year

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
ya

ya, he's a shoo in for NFL stardom........... he wore out those college seniors in the Mobile bowl.........
There's plenty of video of Baker lighting up any D he played against...he will be a top pick if he continues to do what he did with the Broncos scout team, and I am ok with Cleveland, although he wants Miami.

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
There's plenty of video of Baker lighting up any D he played against...he will be a top pick if he continues to do what he did with the Broncos scout team, and I am ok with Cleveland, although he wants Miami.
never once have i said he can't play in the NFL, but surely you see the difference between "smoking" kids that are seniors (didn't leave early) and actual NFL D backs......... regardless if it's a "pro style practice"

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I don’t care if he’s a bust or not. It’s an honor to go number one overall. You guys would be crowing for decades if had a number one overall selection.

As for playing for the Browns, I don’t think that’d ruin Mayfield. Dude has had adversity his entire career. Why should it stop in the pros?

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I don’t care if he’s a bust or not. It’s an honor to go number one overall. You guys would be crowing for decades if had a number one overall selection.

As for playing for the Browns, I don’t think that’d ruin Mayfield. Dude has had adversity his entire career. Why should it stop in the pros?

Don't think he has had this much adversity.....

Since resuming operations in 1999, the Browns have struggled to find success. They have had only two winning seasons (in 2002 and 2007), one playoff appearance (2002), and no playoff wins. The franchise has also been noted for a lack of stability with quarterbacks, having started 28 players in the position since 1999. Through the end of the 2017 season, the Browns' win–loss record since returning to the NFL in 1999 is 88–216. In 2017, the Browns became only the second team in league history to finish a season with an 0–16 record, joining the 2008 Detroit Lions, and after the Buffalo Bills broke their 17-year playoff drought in 2017, the Browns now also hold the longest active playoff drought in the NFL, at 15 seasons.