B-ball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Missed first half, not seeing Cunningham, anyone know what happened?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
We won 80-59, I think. I got to watch off and on. We played very spotty, but overall I like our upside with this roster. It all depends on how quickly they can gel, and how quickly the younger guys can come along. The only thing I'm really wanting to see this year is consistent improvement throughout the season, along with max effort.

Aug 16, 2012
We won 80-59, I think. I got to watch off and on. We played very spotty, but overall I like our upside with this roster. It all depends on how quickly they can gel, and how quickly the younger guys can come along. The only thing I'm really wanting to see this year is consistent improvement throughout the season, along with max effort.
I caught about 25 minutes. The guys were REALLY loose with a ton of energy. Sloppy at times with about a dozen turnovers in the first half. Rebounding energy was ridiculous with everyone contributing from wherever they were. Newcomer I liked the most was Callou...big, good feet, inside-outside shooter. Great compliment to McGriff. Ten saw court time. Dziagwa may find it difficult to find PT later with all the new athletes on roster

Jul 2, 2013
Callou and Likekele are going to be studs. Anei is more than capable starting center and a lot better than Lucas which is way he left I'm sure. Jones and Duncan have a long way to go defensively, they should probably redshirt.

If Weathers comes back we are tourney team, this is also assuming that Curtis Jones provides meaningful minutes.

Honestly see this team in an Iowa State type mold. 4 or more people averaging 10-12 pts a game. No stars but plenty of shooting and pop from a lot of people. Cunningham, waters, dziagwa all playing together will be insanity.

Jul 8, 2004
Edmond,Ok
www.alignmywealth.com
No way K Jones redshirts. Think he will be needed offensively. Duncan, maybe so. Based only upon this one single game, it seems he may be the one asked to transfer and allow a spot for the extra recruit next year. He seemed lost.

If Jones can make that shot from the elbow like he did, and do it more often and consistently, he could become a 10-15 pt per game player easily.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Got to attend the game and here’s my analysis. Calloo and Likele will contribute the most out of the freshmen. They both look physically ready to play and can provide the most scoring of the freshmen. K Jones and Anei are gonna be needed as rebounders and defense. I worry about Anei because he is thin and even yesterday he got injured twice battling in the post. I liked Duncan he showed great court awareness and made some good extra passes. His passing ability was surprising.
Offensively at this point this team will go as far as Waters and McGriff take them. All the freshmen looked lost at times on defense but overall they looked well coached. Many times they held their feet on ball fakes and drives and made themselves taller by putting their hands up and not fouling. Boyton had them playing hard of course. Lots of hustle plays, diving for loose balls, and great rebounding energy from everyone.

Jul 2, 2013
My only angry coaching wise, is this is the first time I've seen Boyton play up the line Man for a significant time period. I'm not a fan of it, especially in big 12 basketball. And obivously all observations are only about one game. Jones just looked incredibly lost on a D and his lateral quickness was bad.

Feb 5, 2007
I think we look rough. Effort and intensity is there. Defense is really weak, no block off whatsoever on rebounding. I'm thinking we were picked last by the coaches for a reason. Would love to be wrong. Looks like we'll jack a bunch of 3s and win some games when we're on, and lose a bunch when we're not.

Sep 23, 2010
My only angry coaching wise, is this is the first time I've seen Boyton play up the line Man for a significant time period. I'm not a fan of it, especially in big 12 basketball. And obivously all observations are only about one game. Jones just looked incredibly lost on a D and his lateral quickness was bad.
Very difficult to play on the line, up the line at higher levels these days. Nothing wrong with denying certain players but very difficult to do one pass away on the entire court.

This team needs Cunningham, Weathers and Jones. As Manzer said on the broadcast, those are 3 out of our top 8 players. Seeing Likele was very encouraging. Callou looked solid at times. He might have to play center a lot alongside McGriff because Jones and Yor have some big warts right now.

After seeing this and my understanding of the three players that weren't there, I see our line-up as mostly--
Weathers, Cunningham, Likele and Jones at guards
Waters, McGriff as forwards -- Dizzy will sprinkle in some 3pt shooting at times and play more before Jones becomes eligible.
Callou as our big man--Yor and Jones will only be able to play in small spurts.

DemBoys

Greenhorn
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
I am hoping that the defense we showed was more for establishing a mindset against an inferior opponent and when we play better teams we will dial it back accordingly. Jones' problem yesterday was he had to guard a 6'7" forward out at the 3 point line, but at this point he is a step slow on rotations and he and Anei are going to foul a bunch just like Mitch did his first couple of years. It was sloppy at times on offense with ill advised passes or making unnecessary passes when guys had open looks. Likekele posted up a couple of times and used his height advantage as a PG.

Jul 2, 2013
After seeing this and my understanding of the three players that weren't there, I see our line-up as mostly--
Weathers, Cunningham, Likele and Jones at guards
Waters, McGriff as forwards -- Dizzy will sprinkle in some 3pt shooting at times and play more before Jones becomes eligible.
Callou as our big man--Yor and Jones will only be able to play in small spurts.
I agree with this except maybe dizzy playing more than we think.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Mark Cooper...

STILLWATER — Nearly two months to the day he was suspended from team activities, Michael Weathers has returned to Oklahoma State men’s basketball practice.

Weathers, who pleaded guilty to knowingly concealing stolen property on Tuesday, will be held out of games until he regains the trust of teammates and coaches, coach Mike Boynton said. Weathers returned to practice Wednesday.

“He’s got an opportunity to earn his time back with our team and that will start today in practice,” Boynton said. “He’s obviously a talented player so I don’t think his skill is going to necessarily be the issue, I think it’s going to be a matter of how quickly he can pick up all the things that he’s missed for the last two months in terms of offensively and defensively, and also he’s got to earn the trust of his teammates who have been working for two months. Obviously not an ideal situation but it’s one we’re excited we’re at the next phase of.”