At this point in the season .....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
I think a lot of people ignore the fact that this is a significantly different defense on the back end, especially for the corners. 8 and 4 have had their ups and downs but they are both good players and will continue to get better in this d.
So, exactly how long do you allow for development? They have played 20 games now and are no better than the Tulsa game out of the box last year. Still play with their back to the ball, still fall for the first cut, still play off the receiver and give too much cushion, and now with Green, we get to throw in PF penalties. They have a moment or two each game that causes some people to forget the dozen or so screw ups each game.

Jan 14, 2006
So, exactly how long do you allow for development? They have played 20 games now and are no better than the Tulsa game out of the box last year. Still play with their back to the ball, still fall for the first cut, still play off the receiver and give too much cushion, and now with Green, we get to throw in PF penalties. They have a moment or two each game that causes some people to forget the dozen or so screw ups each game.
Per my earlier post that you quoted, this is the first year in a new defense. Did you watch last week? Green was fantastic against an nfl caliber reciever.

Blame Duffie or Spencer or Knowles if you want but its got to be tough on a kid going from playing 15 yards off one year to bump and run on an island against bid 12 offenses.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Dude, I've been watching him for two years. I am one of those loons that goes home and breaks the game down, play-by-play and position-by-position. Guess I got that from coaching in high school and having to do the scouting for the next week's team as well as grade our own team.

Don't give me that crap "pissy fan syndrome." AJ Green is out of position on most plays, he doesn't tackle very well (he's one of those types that 'dives' at the legs hoping to get a tackle that way) and he gets flagged AT LEAST once a game.

He's NOT a good football player at that position. Maybe he should be a LB or playing slot WR, but he is an awful... no, BEYOND awful, DB. Anyone that thinks otherwise is an 'orange colored glasses' fan. He simply isn't any good. Sorry I'm telling you that your son isn't very good.
Just curious, was I supposed to read this and change my opinion based on your credentials?

Aug 16, 2012
Per my earlier post that you quoted, this is the first year in a new defense. Did you watch last week? Green was fantastic against an nfl caliber reciever.

Blame Duffie or Spencer or Knowles if you want but its got to be tough on a kid going from playing 15 yards off one year to bump and run on an island against bid 12 offenses.
Excuses. Bump and run or off the line do not matter when you are locked up with a receiver with your back to the ball every time.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Dude, I've been watching him for two years. I am one of those loons that goes home and breaks the game down, play-by-play and position-by-position. Guess I got that from coaching in high school and having to do the scouting for the next week's team as well as grade our own team.

Don't give me that crap "pissy fan syndrome." AJ Green is out of position on most plays, he doesn't tackle very well (he's one of those types that 'dives' at the legs hoping to get a tackle that way) and he gets flagged AT LEAST once a game.

He's NOT a good football player at that position. Maybe he should be a LB or playing slot WR, but he is an awful... no, BEYOND awful, DB. Anyone that thinks otherwise is an 'orange colored glasses' fan. He simply isn't any good. Sorry I'm telling you that your son isn't very good.
haaaaaaaaahahaha!
This is the most Ryno post EVER! My wife is now looking at me funny after spewing OJ all over my tablet. You never disappoint.......Dude.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
l.
Yeah, and apparently I am the mother of a kid because I don't believe he is awful. LOL. Guy had a bad game, and despite what people tell themselves he is the best we got.

Needs to clean up the penalties, and It may not be a bad Idea to not start him to prove a point against OU. That said, just a straight up benching is not in any way logical.
I'd believe that you were Green's mother before I would believe that some of the posters here were actual football coaches at more than a volunteer level.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Um.. AJ Green is #4. He hasn't been torched over and over all season. #8, Rodarious Williams, on the other hand.. He's been burnt bad, but AJ has been pretty good most of the season. Some of you might just be confused by rage.