At this point in the season .....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
He had an awful game only due to penalties. He is far from Awful. Baylor couldn't do anything passing today.

The last play sucked but it was a perfect pass to a taller receiver, and AJ was there. Nothing he could have done different, other than possibly mug the guy for another penalty.

He is one of our top 3-4 players on that side of the ball, so any calls to bench him are a symptom of pissy fan syndrome.
Dude, I've been watching him for two years. I am one of those loons that goes home and breaks the game down, play-by-play and position-by-position. Guess I got that from coaching in high school and having to do the scouting for the next week's team as well as grade our own team.

Don't give me that crap "pissy fan syndrome." AJ Green is out of position on most plays, he doesn't tackle very well (he's one of those types that 'dives' at the legs hoping to get a tackle that way) and he gets flagged AT LEAST once a game.

He's NOT a good football player at that position. Maybe he should be a LB or playing slot WR, but he is an awful... no, BEYOND awful, DB. Anyone that thinks otherwise is an 'orange colored glasses' fan. He simply isn't any good. Sorry I'm telling you that your son isn't very good.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
I'll try if you give me a good reason to keep playing the guy who had 3 facemask penalties in 1 game.
Because he can still develop. He is not a 5th year senior. Due to the new redshirt rule we could have used 8 games to improve our potential starting qbs for next year. Is that good enough for you?

Aug 16, 2012
He had an awful game only due to penalties. He is far from Awful. Baylor couldn't do anything passing today.

The last play sucked but it was a perfect pass to a taller receiver, and AJ was there. Nothing he could have done different, other than possibly mug the guy for another penalty.

He is one of our top 3-4 players on that side of the ball, so any calls to bench him are a symptom of pissy fan syndrome.
Thanks for checking in, Mrs. Green.

Jan 14, 2006

Correct. A lot of emotional responses around here.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Correct. A lot of emotional responses around here.
Yeah, and apparently I am the mother of a kid because I don't believe he is awful. LOL. Guy had a bad game, and despite what people tell themselves he is the best we got.

Needs to clean up the penalties, and It may not be a bad Idea to not start him to prove a point against OU. That said, just a straight up benching is not in any way logical.

Sep 18, 2018
Gatesville, TX
Yeah, and apparently I am the mother of a kid because I don't believe he is awful. LOL. Guy had a bad game, and despite what people tell themselves he is the best we got.

Needs to clean up the penalties, and It may not be a bad Idea to not start him to prove a point against OU. That said, just a straight up benching is not in any way logical.
1. How do we know he’s the best we’ve got? The others barely see the field. This is the same head coach who played Alex Cate over Weeden. Think about that.

2. He didn’t have a “bad game.” He’s been torched ALL season.

Jan 14, 2006
I think a lot of people ignore the fact that this is a significantly different defense on the back end, especially for the corners. 8 and 4 have had their ups and downs but they are both good players and will continue to get better in this d.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Because he can still develop. He is not a 5th year senior. Due to the new redshirt rule we could have used 8 games to improve our potential starting qbs for next year. Is that good enough for you?
Not if he's going to cost us games while he develops. At the very least I expect effort. On the play where Hurd scored on the 46 yard pass play, he totally quit on the play.