At least ou lost

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Don't really care to debate opinions on what he meant. I think it's pretty clear osu hasnt achieved the level of success and to be the kind of program boone envisioned & i'm pretty sure this isn't what Switzer saw about the future of osu football after touring those facilities.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Oklahoma went to the NC game in 2008 and the playoffs in 2015 with a loss to Texas.

Three point loss. Meanwhile you guys are hanging out in the cellar of the Big 12, hucking rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you think the tejas loss was a positive? The techification program has already visited your house, hasn't it?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
So you think the tejas loss was a positive? The techification program has already visited your house, hasn't it?
If you look at the last 3 seasons and what OU has done after a loss you'd be looking forward to seeing what the 2018 iteration will do about it too. And hello before that game we had mike stoops, after that game, we no longer have mike stoops. So, yeah, that's a positive. I mean it's not like they arent still a top 10 team who controls their own destiny.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
LOL, stop, ROFL, please stop, you're killing me smalls. Notre Dame, the Whorns, Clemson, Alabama, maybe even Washington and Michigan are in control of the gooner football future this year, not the gooners. They are about as much in control of their future as the pokes have control of making the Big XII title game.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
If OU wins out, they are in very favorable position for a playoff spot. It's extremely rare to have that many 1 loss teams, and they usually shake out once all the conference games have been played, so I am not really worried about the few teams OU would have to jump in the next 6 weeks. It will be most especially helpful to play a top 10 texas for the big 12 championship game. OU was in a worse position last year when they lose to ISU and that turned out well.

And to nitpick your list, washington has no control at all over OU's destiny. I dont think michigan will either because they'll lose to ohio state. Tx controls nothing as OU simply has to beat them in the CCG if they make it. If youre in the top 10 when the first committee rankings come out, you are in a good spot, which OU will be. Now you can go back to hating on OU instead of rooting on osu.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Oklahoma went to the NC game in 2008 and the playoffs in 2015 with a loss to Texas.

Three point loss. Meanwhile you guys are hanging out in the cellar of the Big 12, hucking rocks.

Dude you would kill for some “Techification” right now.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
If OU wins out, they are in very favorable position for a playoff spot. It's extremely rare to have that many 1 loss teams, and they usually shake out once all the conference games have been played, so I am not really worried about the few teams OU would have to jump in the next 6 weeks. It will be most especially helpful to play a top 10 texas for the big 12 championship game. OU was in a worse position last year when they lose to ISU and that turned out well.

And to nitpick your list, washington has no control at all over OU's destiny. I dont think michigan will either because they'll lose to ohio state. Tx controls nothing as OU simply has to beat them in the CCG if they make it. If youre in the top 10 when the first committee rankings come out, you are in a good spot, which OU will be. Now you can go back to hating on OU instead of rooting on osu.
Didn’t read all this but I agree that if OU wins out, they’re likely in. The conference championship gives one loss Big 12 teams the opportunity to right their wrong. It’ll be hard for Texas to beat OU twice if both schools win out their remaining conference schedules.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I think it’s a stupid comparison. They spent far more time in other areas. But whatever makes you happy.

Here’s something else that’ll make you happy. Here’s the rest of your season:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I think it’s a stupid comparison. They spent far more time in other areas. But whatever makes you happy.

Here’s something else that’ll make you happy. Here’s the rest of your season:

Come on dude. We know they would have Baylor shirts on in real life.
Well played, sir

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Didn’t read all this but I agree that if OU wins out, they’re likely in. The conference championship gives one loss Big 12 teams the opportunity to right their wrong. It’ll be hard for Texas to beat OU twice if both schools win out their remaining conference schedules.
That’s all I’m saying. OU wins out they still have a very good chance to make the playoffs, so they mostly control their own destiny. Really they’re in a better spot now than they were last year after losing to Iowa state

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
That’s all I’m saying. OU wins out they still have a very good chance to make the playoffs, so they mostly control their own destiny. Really they’re in a better spot now than they were last year after losing to Iowa state
It will be tough to beat Texas twice, assuming Texas takes care of business. The interesting part of the rematch is it will be the first time ya'll are playing outside the Cotton Bowl since I don't even know when. I've never seen the game not played there and I'm in my 30s.

Jerry World will be the Cotton Bowl on steroids. I kind of hope it happens. Two rabid fan bases foaming at the mouth. It will be all Hell. I might even try and go to watch hell break loose for my own entertainment.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
It will be tough to beat Texas twice, assuming Texas takes care of business. The interesting part of the rematch is it will be the first time ya'll are playing outside the Cotton Bowl since I don't even know when. I've never seen the game not played there and I'm in my 30s.

Jerry World will be the Cotton Bowl on steroids. I kind of hope it happens. Two rabid fan bases foaming at the mouth. It will be all Hell. I might even try and go to watch hell break loose for my own entertainment.
Well I think it would be tougher to beat OU twice, and OU might have a chip on their shoulder for the rematch. Provided there is one.

And i'm with you, the most exciting aspect is the night time atmosphere outside of that dump they call the cotton bowl. In the stadium it really should have been played at IMO. There will be more drunk rednecks at that game than GA FLA

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Well I think it would be tougher to beat OU twice, and OU might have a chip on their shoulder for the rematch. Provided there is one.

And i'm with you, the most exciting aspect is the night time atmosphere outside of that dump they call the cotton bowl. In the stadium it really should have been played at IMO. There will be more drunk rednecks at that game than GA FLA
Damnit.. I meant to safe tougher to beat OU twice. It's hard to beat any team twice in a season. OU will definitely be out for blood.