At least ou lost

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The big difference is that Leach proved himself to be capable. In our fifth year with Yurcich and we have regressed. Time for Gundy to admit the hire did not turn out as hoped and move on.
Now you're moving the goalposts. You asked who had a coach on their team from Shippensburg, a DIII program. I pointed out that Leach started at a DIII program. All coaches start somewhere.

Bear Bryant's first coaching job was at DII Union University. If Bear were alive would you not want him because he once coached at a DII? Don't be stupid. We've regressed because we lost a quarterback to the NFL and we don't have an NFL-ready quarterback on the roster. It is a failure of recruiting not of offensive coordinating.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Riley is already more successful than Mike Gundy. It took all of one season.

Have fun squeaking out a bowl appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ummm, Gundy won his top 4 game appearance...
Recruiting sure reflects that doesn’t it? It’s also reeled in some studs at the coaching positions too.

You guys are sitting pretty after that moment in the sun seven years ago. Haven’t stumbled at all.

DYNASTY!!!!

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The big difference is that Leach proved himself to be capable. In our fifth year with Yurcich and we have regressed. Time for Gundy to admit the hire did not turn out as hoped and move on.
Now you're moving the goalposts. You asked who had a coach on their team from Shippensburg, a DIII program. I pointed out that Leach started at a DIII program. All coaches start somewhere.

Bear Bryant's first coaching job was at DII Union University. If Bear were alive would you not want him because he once coached at a DII? Don't be stupid. We've regressed because we lost a quarterback to the NFL and we don't have an NFL-ready quarterback on the roster. It is a failure of recruiting not of offensive coordinating.
Gundy is not Bear Bryant. He’s not even Opossum Bryant. He might be Gopher Bryant.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Recruiting sure reflects that doesn’t it? It’s also reeled in some studs at the coaching positions too.

You guys are sitting pretty after that moment in the sun seven years ago. Haven’t stumbled at all.

DYNASTY!!!!

The only reply I could possibly give: You're an idiot.

You said Riley has already done better than Gundy in one year. Now, he may very well do better than Gundy going forward, maybe even this year. However, he has 1 Big12 title as HC and lost as a final 4 bowl team. Gundy has the 1 Big12 title and won his game as a final 4 bowl team. Also, Gundy's loss to ISU that year was on the road, in overtime.
The comparison was to Riley who has one year as a HC. Stick it in your craw for a few years and then regurgitate that nonsense when it is actual fact.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
The only reply I could possibly give: You're an idiot.

You said Riley has already done better than Gundy in one year. Now, he may very well do better than Gundy going forward, maybe even this year. However, he has 1 Big12 title as HC and lost as a final 4 bowl team. Gundy has the 1 Big12 title and won his game as a final 4 bowl team. Also, Gundy's loss to ISU that year was on the road, in overtime.
The comparison was to Riley who has one year as a HC. Stick it in your craw for a few years and then regurgitate that nonsense when it is actual fact.
It's only been 1 year and he already has matched gundy's big 12 championship total. In year 13, his resume is going to take a dump on gundy's of today.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
It's only been 1 year and he already has matched gundy's big 12 championship total. In year 13, his resume is going to take a dump on gundy's of today.
Y'all love comparing apples and oranges.

Gundy was handed the keys to a Pinto and kicked off all the bad eggs his first season. Bob handed Lincoln keys to the Ferrari and had a Heisman contender at QB in his first year.

orngblkzebra

A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
You guys really need to read what you post. You say matched, your buddy said better...which is it? I only respond directly to statements made. No way would I ever try to read your minds.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Coach Log does have one thing going for him over the Mullet. The Mullet hasn't had a coordinator meltdown and almost get the crap kicked out of himself by his own unit. The goon press machine is working overtime to get this under control.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Coach Log does have one thing going for him over the Mullet. The Mullet hasn't had a coordinator meltdown and almost get the crap kicked out of himself by his own unit. The goon press machine is working overtime to get this under control.
Mike almost got his ass kicked by his players?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
That's one of the stories. I wasn't there obviously, they have the tweets on Surly Horns. That's why Mikey was on with djorvechek today and then called traber to defend his honor. Blevins said Stoops got into it with a player Sunday night.

Last edited:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
That's one of the stories. I wasn't there obviously, they have the tweets on Surly Horns. That's why Mikey was on with djorvechek today and then called traber to defend his honor. Blevins said Stoops got into it with a player Sunday night.
Then Mike called Traber and Traber pissed himself because he knew he was full of shit and started playing the victim card and completely pussed out on his story.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You guys really need to read what you post. You say matched, your buddy said better...which is it? I only respond directly to statements made. No way would I ever try to read your minds.
Gundy has been there since 2005. There are no excuses anymore. Riley took a great program and has made it better and actually boosted recruiting.

If you can’t see the difference between the two programs, then there’s issues.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Then Mike called Traber and Traber pissed himself because he knew he was full of shit and started playing the victim card and completely pussed out on his story.

This just keeps getting better..

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
What's funny about the whole thing is James Hale and Dean Blevins were reporting what traber said. Blevins wont say it happened or didn't happen. I don't think Coach Log and mikey are telling an entirely accurate truth

orngblkzebra

A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Gundy has been there since 2005. There are no excuses anymore. Riley took a great program and has made it better and actually boosted recruiting.

So, as an OC, Riley lost to Ohio State...ok, you know, blue blood and all. 1st yr HC Riley avenges loss to tOSU but then loses to IOWA STATE! That's our schtick..."elevated the program" my eye.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

So, as an OC, Riley lost to Ohio State...ok, you know, blue blood and all. 1st yr HC Riley avenges loss to tOSU but then loses to IOWA STATE! That's our schtick..."elevated the program" my eye.
And still made the playoffs.

The guy responsible for losing that game was canned Sunday. Gotta love taking control of a program and making it better. Gundy should be able to do that.