At least ou lost

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I hope coach log isn't to tired from searching the internet for his new DC, will shippenburg release their guy midseason?
Raise your hand if you have a coach on your team from Shippensburg.

That’s what I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike Leach was OC at DIII Iowa Wesleyan. Everyone starts somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

slobber

Wrangler
Dec 15, 2008
From what I heard, when Bob resigned there was a deal between him, Boren, and Mike. Mike could stay until his kids were out of school. However, the new President of OU made the decision to fire Mike, another step in cleaning up the messes left by Boren. Boren left a lot of skeletons, expensive skeletons.

Aug 16, 2012
Mike Leach was OC at DIII Iowa Wesleyan. Everyone starts somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The big difference is that Leach proved himself to be capable. In our fifth year with Yurcich and we have regressed. Time for Gundy to admit the hire did not turn out as hoped and move on.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Seems like kind of an F you to Bob Stoops to after handing Riley the job. When they interview Stoops in the pressbox during the games he's always talking about still going to practices and meetings. I wonder if that will continue?
B. Stoops still works for OU. His job title is something like Assistant to the AD.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
yeah... that might be a little uncomfortable. I was wondering if the press would ask the OU coach whether he called Bob before he told Mike.
I haven’t heard their AD’s name mentioned - just the new prez. We can’t get Gundy to react and Holder can see what’s happening. Maybe it’s time to get Harris involved. Does he have the balls to stand up to T. Boone?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Raise your hand if you have a coach on your team from Shippensburg.

That’s what I thought.

Looks like my Nostradamus like prediction came true, it's Ruffin to DC. When will they start start stacking the U on top of the O? Will the schooner be replaced by a masked ruf-neck running onto the field? Will they wear all black uniforms? The possibilities are endless for Tortilla Flat north. This is so exciting.
At least you have something to look forward to this season. Watching OU fix deficiencies and make their program better. Sounds awesome.

But at least you got dumb jokes, amiryte?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
At least you have something to look forward to this season. Watching OU fix deficiencies and make their program better. Sounds awesome.

I've been correct so far, you better start practice throwing those tortillas

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

I've been correct so far, you better start practice throwing those tortillas
Riley is already more successful than Mike Gundy. It took all of one season.

Have fun squeaking out a bowl appearance.