At least ou lost

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Although M. Stoops hasn't fielded good defenses over the last several years, I still think it's a bit of a knee jerk reaction unless they've already got someone good lined up.
Seems like kind of an F you to Bob Stoops to after handing Riley the job. When they interview Stoops in the pressbox during the games he's always talking about still going to practices and meetings. I wonder if that will continue?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Dean Blevins said a player almost quit the team at halftime? To be a fly on the wall in there. Oh and Stoops offered his resignation after the game but Riley wouldn't accept but then Stoops found out he'd be fired this morning? Interesting stuff.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
Lol! They should be like us and keep beating a dead horse.
Who are they gonna replace him with? You have to be smart about it. It's no different than someone quitting a job before obtaining another. Getting rid of him at the end of the season is one thing, right in the middle of it is another.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Despise OU and Mike Stoops, but UT blew up the conference. So, eff them and their stupid Longhorn network. We are at best third as a conference among the power five and it's directly because of their crap. Remember when the Big 12 south was the best division in football? It doesn't exist anymore because of Texas. Even against OU, I hope Texas toils in perpetual mediocrity.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Be kind of refreshing to have players that took losses that hard instead of shrugged shoulders and lame excuses after defeats.
If only our coach cared about losing games. I remember seeing Eddie Sutton emotional after a few losses. I don’t see any of that from coach Gundy. We saw it a while back but his fire is not there anymore. He has gone full indifference with coach speak and I don’t give a flying crap attitude. If the media or anyone else wants to question him, then he will give the silent treatment or “I don’t understand your Question”

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
It does send a statement
Bingo. And you know who they bring in next season won't be found on google
He’s already on the staff as Defensive Analyst. Bob Diaco. He can’t be a coach because NCAA Bylaws state anyone who isn’t already named a coach cannot coach during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Raise your hand if you have a coach on your team from Shippensburg.

That’s what I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like my Nostradamus like prediction came true, it's Ruffin to DC. When will they start start stacking the U on top of the O? Will the schooner be replaced by a masked ruf-neck running onto the field? Will they wear all black uniforms? The possibilities are endless for Tortilla Flat north. This is so exciting.