Artrell Woods

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

bluecollahero

Territorial Marshal
Jan 25, 2006
Thinking of Blackmon and his choice of leaving early.....Dez leaving early.....the great Wide Receivers we have had this decade....And I couldnt help but think about how dominate Artie couldve been the last couple of years if not for his injury.

Could you imagine Dez and a healthy Artie......and then Blackmon and a healthy Artie.

Rashaun
Djuan
Bowman
Bryant
Blackmon

Its a shame that the guy that prolly had as many physical gifts as all the guys in that group didnt get a fair shot at OSU.

Here is to Artie.

Sep 17, 2007
Stillwater
Remember a year ago when our WR corps was ravaged by injury, idiocy and attrition?

Damien Davis
Artie Woods
Bo Bowling
Dez Bryant
Jammal Mosley

I think I'm missing a few. Just makes what Blackmon did all the more special. Now, who's next?

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Thinking of Blackmon and his choice of leaving early.....Dez leaving early.....the great Wide Receivers we have had this decade....And I couldnt help but think about how dominate Artie couldve been the last couple of years if not for his injury.

Could you imagine Dez and a healthy Artie......and then Blackmon and a healthy Artie.

Rashaun
Djuan
Bowman
Bryant
Blackmon

Its a shame that the guy that prolly had as many physical gifts as all the guys in that group didnt get a fair shot at OSU.

Here is to Artie.
To Artie!
It's a shame the talent that has come to OSU, and for whatever reasons, doesn't pan out. In the mid 80's we had Malcolm Lewis, who had all the talent and physical ability of HLD. He also learned of children he didn't know about and moved back to Houston.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
When did Blackmon make his decision?

Honestly he needs an extra year to work on catching the ball over his shoulder. He has dropped that pass more than an elite receiver should this season.

bluecollahero

Territorial Marshal
Jan 25, 2006
When did Blackmon make his decision?

Honestly he needs an extra year to work on catching the ball over his shoulder. He has dropped that pass more than an elite receiver should this season.
Who said he made a decision? Does it say "decision to go pro"?

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Remember a year ago when our WR corps was ravaged by injury, idiocy and attrition?

Damien Davis
Artie Woods
Bo Bowling
Dez Bryant
Jammal Mosley

I think I'm missing a few. Just makes what Blackmon did all the more special. Now, who's next?
William Cole comes to my mind more than anyone along with Damian Davis, and Prentiss Elliot. 4 years ago coaches were raving about Dez and Cole standing out among the team, but then Cole tore his acl and wouldnt quit smoking weed and transfered. Damian Davis was another amazing young player that didnt develop mentally i remember RA saying Damian had freakish long strong hands like Dez. Sadly Prentiss Elliot is the most talented player that comes to my mind. I remember when gundy kicked him off he said Prentiss elliot was the best athlete he had seen since barry. He could have player corner, safety, running back.. and he did it all while apparently being "lazy" just think what he could have been if he had a great work ethic. He would have been a senior (if he stayed) with Bowman, Dez as a frosh along with cole, (rs)fr artie woods, and davis oh and throw pettigrew in their too!!

that's a nasty receiving core:)

Sep 17, 2007
Stillwater
William Cole comes to my mind more than anyone along with Damian Davis, and Prentiss Elliot. 4 years ago coaches were raving about Dez and Cole standing out among the team, but then Cole tore his acl and wouldnt quit smoking weed and transfered. Damian Davis was another amazing young player that didnt develop mentally i remember RA saying Damian had freakish long strong hands like Dez. Sadly Prentiss Elliot is the most talented player that comes to my mind. I remember when gundy kicked him off he said Prentiss elliot was the best athlete he had seen since barry. He could have player corner, safety, running back.. and he did it all while apparently being "lazy" just think what he could have been if he had a great work ethic. He would have been a senior (if he stayed) with Bowman, Dez as a frosh along with cole, (rs)fr artie woods, and davis oh and throw pettigrew in their too!!

that's a nasty receiving core:)
well yeah those guys didn't pan out for sure, but all the guys I listed we lost in the same offseason. We went into the season not knowing who the heck was going to be able to catch the ball besides Dez, and then we lost him a couple games into the season.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Blue your very first sentence is "thinking of Blackmon and his choice to leave early..." which leads me to think you know that he is gone.

Just how interpreted it.

By the way Artie was very down on the team. He couldn't make a comeback, so he spent the majority of his time in class complaining and telling his teammates how glad he was thathe didn't have to put up with "Gundy's bull" anymore and how he hopes they lose their games. I felt bad for him until I heard the way he talked and figured out his attitude.

Sep 17, 2007
Stillwater
He kept playing at UCO he just wasn't a D1 player. The guy seemed like an okay dude, just wasn't the player we thought he would be
you really have no way to know that he was 100% pre-injury form after the rehab. just because a guy can keep playing doesn't mean he's the same guy he was after a traumatic injury.

Sep 17, 2007
Stillwater
By the way Artie was very down on the team. He couldn't make a comeback, so he spent the majority of his time in class complaining and telling his teammates how glad he was thathe didn't have to put up with "Gundy's bull" anymore and how he hopes they lose their games. I felt bad for him until I heard the way he talked and figured out his attitude.
Well that's certainly not cool, especially given the amount of support I saw for him from the cowboy family at the time. I'd never heard that one.

Celldweller7

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jul 17, 2004
A very specific place
Well that's certainly not cool, especially given the amount of support I saw for him from the cowboy family at the time. I'd never heard that one.
I remember there being a thread here about his Facebook status when he kind of dissed Stillwater in speaking of his gladness to leave. Do people still say "dissed"?

PistolPete'sMustache

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I always thought Artrell used the accident as an excuse for not living up to the hype
Wow. Just wow. He was faced with the possibility that he may not even be able to walk right again. He was fortunate enough to play football again, though at a lower level. But it was all just an excuse to get out of OSU because he could never live up to the "hype"? Wow. Just wow. My brain hurts from the stupidity of that statement.