Area 51 storming

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
OK, so what would happen if several thousand people coordinated and stormed the facility?? I have a hard time believing the military would just start shooting people. Heck, I'm kinda interested in what is going on in the facility I'm helping to fund.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/15/us/area-51-military-warning-trnd/index.html
This stuff cracks me up. I suspect if you sign up to join the fun you make a gubmint (long) list. If you are on that list and show up at a hotel within 100 miles around the date of this event the gubmint pays a little more attention. The black sedans (which are smaller and greener than in previous years) will stop you on the road to 51 before you get there. It's not like they're going to let everyone line up at the boundary like a 5k race and Naruto run when someone says go.

I also like some of the government responses. They act like this is a training facility and someone might inadvertently get shot by someone doing target practice.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Kind of a lose lose situation if you ask me. If there really are aliens there, anybody who makes it inside is going to disappear. And if it's nothing more than a classified training and research facility, anybody who makes it inside is going to be disappointed and arrested for trespassing.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
OK, so what would happen if several thousand people coordinated and stormed the facility?? I have a hard time believing the military would just start shooting people. Heck, I'm kinda interested in what is going on in the facility I'm helping to fund.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/15/us/area-51-military-warning-trnd/index.html
"Storm the facility"?

That's a bunch of internet nonsense.

you can't even get close enough to "glimpse" Area 51, much less "storm it".

you can't get within 26 miles of it to find any elevation.... the front gate is 15 miles away.

some yahoo's think they're going to "storm" 15 miles across the freaking desert? (play laugh track)

Area 51 is surrounded by thousands of acres of empty desert landscape, and the Air Force has withdrawn lands from public use to help keep the base hidden from snooping eyes. For many years, observers could hike to elevated vantage points like White Sides Peak or Freedom Ridge, but those areas have been seized as well. Today, to see anything at all, you have to make the strenuous hike up Tikaboo Peak, 26 miles (42 kilometers) from the facility. From there, you may get a brief glimpse of runway lights flashing on and an experimental aircraft taking off...

How close? The short answer without authorization, is: You can get all the way to the Front Gate Warning Signs of Area 51 without any problems. Unfortunately, the front gates are about 15 miles from the base.

1563227326220.png

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
"Storm the facility"?

That's a bunch of internet nonsense.

you can't even get close enough to "glimpse" Area 51, much less "storm it".

you can't get within 26 miles of it to find any elevation.... the front gate is 15 miles away.

some yahoo's think they're going to "storm" 15 miles across the freaking desert? (play laugh track)

Area 51 is surrounded by thousands of acres of empty desert landscape, and the Air Force has withdrawn lands from public use to help keep the base hidden from snooping eyes. For many years, observers could hike to elevated vantage points like White Sides Peak or Freedom Ridge, but those areas have been seized as well. Today, to see anything at all, you have to make the strenuous hike up Tikaboo Peak, 26 miles (42 kilometers) from the facility. From there, you may get a brief glimpse of runway lights flashing on and an experimental aircraft taking off...

How close? The short answer without authorization, is: You can get all the way to the Front Gate Warning Signs of Area 51 without any problems. Unfortunately, the front gates are about 15 miles from the base.

View attachment 71760
Apparently you underestimate the Naruto style of running.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Apparently you underestimate the Naruto style of running.
quite possibly... but I do know what running 15 miles through a desert can do to ya...

apparently Naruto running includes a method of carrying 40 pounds of water with you while being harassed by very, very low flying helios.. possibly while zig-zagging around rubber bullets and bean bags.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
quite possibly... but I do know what running 15 miles through a desert can do to ya...

apparently Naruto running includes a method of carrying 40 pounds of water with you while being harassed by very, very low flying helios.. possibly while zig-zagging around rubber bullets and bean bags.
maybe they can recruit some illegal immigrants that recently crossed Mexico and our border for advice and tactics.... they could probably get them within 100 yards of the base, and just need to sprint that short distance and scale a small fence.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
So a bunch of people that live in their mother's basement plan on putting on their tin foil hats and storming the base after a fifteen mile run? What can go wrong here?

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
News flash...this just in - trump has just announced a rally at the event and has invited all participants to arrive in white hoods and robes. Special guest speakers include the always engaging Mike Pence, Steve Bannon, Jared Kushner and a host of others. MAGA hats (make in China) will be available for a small campaign contribution. All immigrants who participate in the preparation for this event will be cleared out before the press arrives. Evangelical Christian won't want to miss this event, as one of our primary themes will be abortion, your new cause-de jour since racism is no longer in vogue.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
News flash...this just in - trump has just announced a rally at the event and has invited all participants to arrive in white hoods and robes. Special guest speakers include the always engaging Mike Pence, Steve Bannon, Jared Kushner and a host of others. MAGA hats (make in China) will be available for a small campaign contribution. All immigrants who participate in the preparation for this event will be cleared out before the press arrives. Evangelical Christian won't want to miss this event, as one of our primary themes will be abortion, your new cause-de jour since racism is no longer in vogue.
Fake News.

Trump is planning a skeet shoot event.... for a campaign contribution you can buy "hunters blind" at 1,000 yards from the front gate. There is a 5 protester limit.

you can earn bonus points for getting your limit in fewest number of shots, hitting celebrities, former politicians, current politicians and anybody with an antifa mask.

the winners get to spend a weekend in the Lincoln room (free of charge, not like Slick Willy charging folks to spend the night there)