Are you white and have flashed someone the OK hand sign? You are a racist!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

The U.S. Coast Guard says it “removed” a member from its Hurricane Florence response team Friday after he made an “OK” hand gesture on live TV that the service branch deemed “offensive.”

The unidentified team member was caught looking into the camera and then swiftly making the hand gesture, prompting a backlash on social media.

“We are aware of the offensive video on twitter - the Coast Guard has identified the member and removed him from the response. His actions do not reflect those of the United States Coast Guard,” the agency tweeted.

The Guard is now investigating the matter.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/1...fter-making-offensive-ok-sign-on-live-tv.html

Perhaps they should investigate first? Just a thought.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
You guys would not BELIEVE how many white supremacists we have in the stadium today! Every time the opponent is on 3rd down thousands of people raise their hands showing their white power pride!...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Saw a black lady this morning with a shirt that said.

"My Black is Beautiful"

I'm not sure if that meant she thinks some black isn't beautiful?

Anyway, would it be racist to have a shirt that said, "My White is Beautiful"?

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Saw a black lady this morning with a shirt that said.

"My Black is Beautiful"

I'm not sure if that meant she thinks some black isn't beautiful?

Anyway, would it be racist to have a shirt that said, "My White is Beautiful"?
That would greatly depend upon the context of which the message was construed and conveyed to and by those in the immediate.......never mind.

In a word, yes.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
That would greatly depend upon the context of which the message was construed and conveyed to and by those in the immediate.......never mind.

In a word, yes.
So if it says "My Black is Beautiful" is that racist?

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Ya'll make fun because it is stupid but if people are offended maybe you say ok we should stop.

I know it's dumb that perception becomes reality but if option A is to come across as a racist jackass and option B is to be a decent human by doing absolutely nothing.

Let's say the opposition says doing this stupid thing makes you racist. 10 minuets before it didn't occur to do that but now you are told this makes you a racist. So you do it to prove you aren't racist but it pisses off people but you definitely aren't racist. They said if you do something you never thought to do makes you racist and your first instinct is to do something that verifys to the world you are racist. If your first instinct is to do something racist because people say its racist maybe you are racist.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Wow those are some mental gymnastics going on there. Seriously. It's a game and I know kids that play it work at a fast food place in town. Black, white, Asian. They all play it.
Ya'll make fun because it is stupid but if people are offended maybe you say ok we should stop.

I know it's dumb that perception becomes reality but if option A is to come across as a racist jackass and option B is to be a decent human by doing absolutely nothing.

Let's say the opposition says doing this stupid thing makes you racist. 10 minuets before it didn't occur to do that but now you are told this makes you a racist. So you do it to prove you aren't racist but it pisses off people but you definitely aren't racist. They said if you do something you never thought to do makes you racist and your first instinct is to do something that verifys to the world you are racist. If your first instinct is to do something racist because people say its racist maybe you are racist.
Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor

OTAY!

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK