Aquaman

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I wasn't expecting much from this but heard so many good things that I had to check it out. It's actually a very good movie. By far the best of the DCEU so far, well by far better than anything other than Wonder Woman which was also very good. Jason Momoa does an outstanding job in the lead role, Amber Heard is excellent as well and I liked seeing Dolf Lundgren in there too....highly recommend seeing it in IMAX if you're going to.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
It was fun, I enjoyed it. But oh my god is it cringe-level cheesy dialogue painful at times. Whew.
We went and saw it today and this is a pretty spot on summary. We really enjoyed it but my goodness some of those scenes... Especially the ones with teenage Aquaman...

Btw, @kaboy42 you need to watch this movie if you haven't already... One of the characters has your name written all over it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
We went and saw it today and this is a pretty spot on summary. We really enjoyed it but my goodness some of those scenes... Especially the ones with teenage Aquaman...

Btw, @kaboy42 you need to watch this movie if you haven't already... One of the characters has your name written all over it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm listening... :woot:

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Aquaman was not good.
Here's the way I see it. Was it a great movie? No, definitely not. There were some unbearable scenes BUT did they make the best with what they had to work with as far as source material? I mean, thinking about what they had to go off of, I feel like they did a pretty damned good job. We're talking Aquaman here, you can't walk into this movie expecting what you would get with a Batman/Superman/Marvel movie. I don't think anyone ever imagined someone would be able to make Aquaman "cool" but they seem to have accomplished that.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Here's the way I see it. Was it a great movie? No, definitely not. There were some unbearable scenes BUT did they make the best with what they had to work with as far as source material? I mean, thinking about what they had to go off of, I feel like they did a pretty damned good job. We're talking Aquaman here, you can't walk into this movie expecting what you would get with a Batman/Superman/Marvel movie. I don't think anyone ever imagined someone would be able to make Aquaman "cool" but they seem to have accomplished that.
That's just it, the whole DC thing has been awful. The new generation of Superman and Batman is not well written. The Christian Bale Batman is by far the best Batman and should have been what they aspired towards. Wonder Woman's movie was ok, but they have made this borderline campy. They could have at least done a similar job with the script as they did with Wonder Woman.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
That's just it, the whole DC thing has been awful. The new generation of Superman and Batman is not well written. The Christian Bale Batman is by far the best Batman and should have been what they aspired towards. Wonder Woman's movie was ok, but they have made this borderline campy. They could have at least done a similar job with the script as they did with Wonder Woman.
I can't really argue with any of those points. :D Ever since Justice League I've felt like DC is just trying to cash in on what Marvel's done without putting in the work Marvel did.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Just saying.......... I like horror Science Fiction (Aliens: best ever) and good comedy. (Blazing Saddles was one of the best along with Airplane)

Now get of my lawn !!!

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I saw one review that said this is the most comic book movie ever and I think that's a good way to describe it. Cheesy yes, campy yes, but it was a fun movie and visually it was worth the IMAX ticket IMO. Obviously DC is light years behind Marvel but they at least got the casting right for this one.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Regarding marvel, I wish that Sony had continued that 2nd reboot of spider Man movies. Much better than the Toby ones. I think it was better than homecoming.

That said I'm looking forward to watching the Aquaman movie.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I saw one review that said this is the most comic book movie ever and I think that's a good way to describe it. Cheesy yes, campy yes, but it was a fun movie and visually it was worth the IMAX ticket IMO. Obviously DC is light years behind Marvel but they at least got the casting right for this one.
I like how there were people complaining about how black manta looked. They're upset that they made black manta look like... black manta... lol

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Regarding marvel, I wish that Sony had continued that 2nd reboot of spider Man movies. Much better than the Toby ones. I think it was better than homecoming.

They need to quit with the spider man movies. So. So. So. Bad. So. bad.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK

Yeah, but the 3rd Aunt May... I'm ok with the casting change. :D