Zombie Anyone listening to Jim Traber?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ST2

Cowboy
Jul 9, 2012
I haven't listened to Traber since he was trying to get in my girlfriend's pants back in college. Since she and I are divorced now, maybe I should try listening in now. Too bad he didn't get what he was after back then. Would've saved us all a lot of grief.

Apr 7, 2006
I haven't listened to Traber since he was trying to get in my girlfriend's pants back in college. Since she and I are divorced now, maybe I should try listening in now. Too bad he didn't get what he was after back then. Would've saved us all a lot of grief.
Pictures or it didn't happen.... ;)

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
What was the rift between Traber and Trammel about?
Wow Necropost! But to answer, the DOK did an article about how Trammel is the voice of sports in our state basically talking about how long Trammel has been with the Oklahoman and just a recognizing his many contributions to sports journalism in the state. Love him or hate him I think it's pretty safe to say he's the most prolific sports journalist in OK. The article did not mention anything about Trammel being on the Sports Animal in the afternoons with Jim and Al. Jim got butthurt over it. Trammel called him out and got mad (and rightfully so I think) and hung up.

TL;DR: Jim Traber is a douche. In other news water is wet.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida

I think Jim was confused. Talking shit on the radio while stuffing your face isn't actually considered journalism. Jim, you are in a league of your own in that regard.

Nov 30, 2008
Tulsa, Ok
A hit here would be big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow Necropost! But to answer, the DOK did an article about how Trammel is the voice of sports in our state basically talking about how long Trammel has been with the Oklahoman and just a recognizing his many contributions to sports journalism in the state. Love him or hate him I think it's pretty safe to say he's the most prolific sports journalist in OK. The article did not mention anything about Trammel being on the Sports Animal in the afternoons with Jim and Al. Jim got butthurt over it. Trammel called him out and got mad (and rightfully so I think) and hung up.

TL;DR: Jim Traber is a douche. In other news water is wet.
Thanks Man. I like to listen to these two when I'm driving home from work but got in on the tail end of the conversation that day. Trammel sets Jim straight every single day. I'd hate for him not to be on there.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Not a Trammel fan but I will admit I've e mailed Trammel pointing out how unfair the coverage of OSU sports (football in this case) was by the Jokelahoman. To my surprise, he agreed. Made similar claims to Blevins boss about what a whiner and payola u homer dean was...his boss did nothing but make excuses. Not a traber fan either, he''d say anything for a complementary sub.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I listened to the whole thing last Thursday. If I were Trammel I would have ripped him a new one and then hung up. The classic was the dial tone at the end. Traber is getting worse and worse, he has good numbers because he is a train wreck and there is no other local programming on at that time other than the other sports station that is equally as futile to listen to.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Dang it. I thought this was going to be the thread where Traber said he's been hearing things about Stevie Clark and Stevie's family really needs to step in or he's only going to get in more trouble down the road. Then Stevie's mom called in to Traber's show and to tell him he didn't know what he was taking about and she was raising him just fine. Then several posters on here were all saying, "Ooooh, Stevie's momma called in and set Traber straight! Don't be talking about Stevie like that big ole' dumb Traber! That's what you get for upsetting momma bear." Or a bunch of dumb s*** like that.

I just wanted to check in and see who all was dead wrong in that thread. Traber has a lot of faults, but he was spot on there.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Dang it. I thought this was going to be the thread where Traber said he's been hearing things about Stevie Clark and Stevie's family really needs to step in or he's only going to get in more trouble down the road. Then Stevie's mom called in to Traber's show and to tell him he didn't know what he was taking about and she was raising him just fine. Then several posters on here were all saying, "Ooooh, Stevie's momma called in and set Traber straight! Don't be talking about Stevie like that big ole' dumb Traber! That's what you get for upsetting momma bear." Or a bunch of dumb s*** like that.

I just wanted to check in and see who all was dead wrong in that thread. Traber has a lot of faults, but he was spot on there.
I blind squirrel could have found that nut.