Zombie Anyone listening to Jim Traber?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 5, 2008
Nobody cares what an 18-22 year old student does for recreation, but if a football player, on scholarship, continues to fail pot smoking tests, then I'm fine with him getting the boot. Wickline is our best position coach, we have recruited well over the last several years and we'll be more than fine. Bowies best was run blocking, not pass protection.

NewMexPoke84

Ou still sucks
Aug 27, 2008
OKC
Will you guys ever realize he's a radio DJ and it's kinda his job to be entertaining and stir things up from time to time. Stop falling for it. If you listen to the animal have the expectation at least once or twice a day they'll say something that makes you mad but since you were expecting to be mad you actually don't get as mad.

Jul 17, 2007
Will you guys ever realize he's a radio DJ and it's kinda his job to be entertaining and stir things up from time to time. Stop falling for it. If you listen to the animal have the expectation at least once or twice a day they'll say something that makes you mad but since you were expecting to be mad you actually don't get as mad.
Well not all radio personalities are the way he is. In fact a lot aren't. Pretty much with anything he talks about is an exaggeration. It's either the greatest thing since slice bread, or the world is coming to an end. Doesn't seem like there is no ration with him. Everything is always blown way out of proportion. You can be a good radio personality without that. In fact I think more people like it that way because you are getting more truth about an issue than just a blown out of proportion topic. Eventually people stop listening because when you speak they aren't getting truth. But people who get carried away are kind like the little boy that cried wolf. It gets hard to tell what really is true.

NewMexPoke84

Ou still sucks
Aug 27, 2008
OKC
Well not all radio personalities are the way he is. In fact a lot aren't. Pretty much with anything he talks about is an exaggeration. It's either the greatest thing since slice bread, or the world is coming to an end. Doesn't seem like there is no ration with him. Everything is always blown way out of proportion. You can be a good radio personality without that. In fact I think more people like it that way because you are getting more truth about an issue than just a blown out of proportion topic. Eventually people stop listening because when you speak they aren't getting truth. But people who get carried away are kind like the little boy that cried wolf. It gets hard to tell what really is true.
well clearly they aren't tired of him he's been doing it for 20 years. People need to stop complaining about traber he is what he is

Jul 17, 2007
well clearly they aren't tired of him he's been doing it for 20 years. People need to stop complaining about traber he is what he is
Yeah he has some other good qualities about him. He just does things that can really irk you at the same time. What better place to talk about it than a message board?

Celldweller7

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jul 17, 2004
A very specific place
People don't listen to sports radio for the truth, it is for opinions expressed in a format they find entertaining. Traber, as a previous poster stated, has been doing this for a couple decades now, he knows how to make his paychecks. Some people listen to him just to get upset, a la a lot of people on this message board. Nevertheless, it works and he gets paid plenty of money.

I listen to the Animal, I prefer the morning guys, BBJ & Pat Jones, and Mark Rodgers & Sam Mayes over Traber, but he is okay to listen to, though his Tiger Woods fixation grates on my nerves. I like listening to Traber the most when he is on with Berry Trammel & Al. Sometimes their conversations can be utterly useless, other times they can fairly entertaining, especially when Trammel & Al get Traber upset. Gives me something to do when I'm stuck driving in the car.

stonewallpoke

가라
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Gunsan City, Korea
I thought about complaining about Jim Traber recently, too. But I had to complain about how hot and windy it is in Oklahoma, how ESPN hates us, some article on Bleacher Report, and something about OU that had nothing to do with OSU first. Ran out of time.

Jul 17, 2007
People don't listen to sports radio for the truth, it is for opinions expressed in a format they find entertaining. Traber, as a previous poster stated, has been doing this for a couple decades now, he knows how to make his paychecks. Some people listen to him just to get upset, a la a lot of people on this message board. Nevertheless, it works and he gets paid plenty of money.

I listen to the Animal, I prefer the morning guys, BBJ & Pat Jones, and Mark Rodgers & Sam Mayes over Traber, but he is okay to listen to, though his Tiger Woods fixation grates on my nerves. I like listening to Traber the most when he is on with Berry Trammel & Al. Sometimes their conversations can be utterly useless, other times they can fairly entertaining, especially when Trammel & Al get Traber upset. Gives me something to do when I'm stuck driving in the car.
Trust me, I know. I still like to listen to all of those guys. Never said that I hate listening to the dude. But the dude loves to exaggerate. One thing I disagree, with is that people do listen for truth. They listen to hear things that they haven't thought about or information that they may not be able to get elsewhere. Good example is Pat Jones take on what he has seen from the practices as he is one of the few that actually does get to go. Now Pat Jones in most cases is normally wrong when it comes to his evaluation of our team but hey, I'll still listen just because what else are we going to listen to that will pass time at work? People don't listen because they like to get angry. They get angry because they don't hear truth. They hear someone screaming like a maniac, a little dude that has never touched a football in his life, a former coach that won off of what Jimmy Johnson built, and a former player that has so much kool-aid for OU that it almost spills out of my radio at work and into my cup. But like I said, we don't listen to them because we like to hear the BS. It's only because there is absolutely no other local sports talk to listen to.

Celldweller7

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jul 17, 2004
A very specific place
Trust me, I know. I still like to listen to all of those guys. Never said that I hate listening to the dude. But the dude loves to exaggerate. One thing I disagree, with is that people do listen for truth. They listen to hear things that they haven't thought about or information that they may not be able to get elsewhere. Good example is Pat Jones take on what he has seen from the practices as he is one of the few that actually does get to go. Now Pat Jones in most cases is normally wrong when it comes to his evaluation of our team but hey, I'll still listen just because what else are we going to listen to that will pass time at work? People don't listen because they like to get angry. They get angry because they don't hear truth. They hear someone screaming like a maniac, a little dude that has never touched a football in his life, a former coach that won off of what Jimmy Johnson built, and a former player that has so much kool-aid for OU that it almost spills out of my radio at work and into my cup. But like I said, we don't listen to them because we like to hear the BS. It's only because there is absolutely no other local sports talk to listen to.
I think you're giving the avg American consumer a lot of credit. The most popular radio personalities are those who get people angry, either in agreement or disagreement. The most popular television news is the exact same way, it is all about creating reactions. The same is becoming more and more true in popular sports media. There is a reason moderate views are rarely expressed in major media outlets about nearly any topic, they make it difficult to passionately react to. Those reactions is what gets people to call in, watch, comment on Facebook, etc.

Notice there aren't many successful threads on fair & balanced reports on OSU, but every time Thayer Evans opens his mouth (or pen in this case) this board melts down.

Jul 17, 2007
I think you're giving the avg American consumer a lot of credit. The most popular radio personalities are those who get people angry, either in agreement or disagreement. The most popular television news is the exact same way, it is all about creating reactions. The same is becoming more and more true in popular sports media. There is a reason moderate views are rarely expressed in major media outlets about nearly any topic, they make it difficult to passionately react to. Those reactions is what gets people to call in, watch, comment on Facebook, etc.

Notice there aren't many successful threads on fair & balanced reports on OSU, but every time Thayer Evans opens his mouth (or pen in this case) this board melts down.
I can definitely see your point.