Anybody have an OSU player covid 19 update?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
So while all the “fun” was going on around here, I happened to catch stories about 30 LSU players testing positive and 23 Clemson players turning up hot.

the last story I saw about OSU was 3 players with the virus. Anyone know anything different?

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
So while all the “fun” was going on around here, I happened to catch stories about 30 LSU players testing positive and 23 Clemson players turning up hot.

the last story I saw about OSU was 3 players with the virus. Anyone know anything different?
Clemson must not have been practicing social distancing. They must have been doing 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 drills to have that many people test positive. South carolina wasnt one of the highest covid case states that I saw. At least we know lsu players went to the club.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Clemson must not have been practicing social distancing. They must have been doing 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 drills to have that many people test positive. South carolina wasnt one of the highest covid case states that I saw. At least we know lsu players went to the club.
SC is one of the harder hit states at the moment, at least with new cases, and their players seem to reflect that. They've had roughly 1,000 new cases every day for the last several days, which would be like 800 new cases per day in Oklahoma.

Jul 22, 2011
Call me crazy, but I would be very surprised if there are sports this year.

We will obviously still be having cases by September, maybe even more during flu season. All it will take is a small contingent of players to say "no" and it will snowball. Universities are not going to take on that liability.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We are just going to have to learn to live our lives with covid. I do think we will have football. We are having a spike but it’s mostly in young people who are either asymptotic or will fight it off quickly. The spike in hospital cases is a bigger deal and we need to deal with that. Please be more careful than to just go everywhere without wearing mask and practice social distancing everywhere you go! Things like the protest the recent rally church service going to bars and such should be socially distancing and mask wearing events until this thing is under control again .

Feb 4, 2016
florida
We are just going to have to learn to live our lives with covid. I do think we will have football. We are having a spike but it’s mostly in young people who are either asymptotic or will fight it off quickly. The spike in hospital cases is a bigger deal and we need to deal with that. Please be more careful than to just go everywhere without wearing mask and practice social distancing everywhere you go! Things like the protest the recent rally church service going to bars and such should be socially distancing and mask wearing events until this thing is under control again .
Half of the country is not going to listen to you. Until every state is following the CDC guidelines of wearing a mask in public and social distancing this virus will continue to kick our ass. The USA has 4% of the worlds population and 25% of the deaths.What don't people understand? Everyone wants sports to return, to return to the way things were but it seems our citizens don't want to put in the work to accomplish this task. The feds leaving it up to the individual states to incorporate their own guidelines is ridiculous. If football is to return in the fall EVERYONE must get on the same page immediately

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Half of the country is not going to listen to you. Until every state is following the CDC guidelines of wearing a mask in public and social distancing this virus will continue to kick our ass. The USA has 4% of the worlds population and 25% of the deaths.What don't people understand? Everyone wants sports to return, to return to the way things were but it seems our citizens don't want to put in the work to accomplish this task. The feds leaving it up to the individual states to incorporate their own guidelines is ridiculous. If football is to return in the fall EVERYONE must get on the same page immediately
Well we are testing over 500K people everyday and the percentage positive of those test is about 5%. This isn't as cut a dry as you say...we can be totally open and be safe as well...we just have to be MUCH more responsible and wear mask and socially distance while we are at it...either that or we are just going to end up having to get total national heard immunity as we are all going to get this at some point I think. I personally know about of 15 people who have or had covid and most contracted it about three weeks back...most of them are 100% recovered at this time...none have been hospitalized. Most say it's like the flu, some say a little worse some say not as bad. All of them are parents of teens and about 50 years old..most contracted it from their high school age teens. At risk populations need to continue to shelter but others should be ok...just have to watch our hospital and death numbers and do all we can to get and keep those down.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
well said. I was at walmart yesterday and a lady was saying out loud the virus was a hoax with no mask on.

PF5

Wrangler
Jan 3, 2014
It would be nice to see a stat from ncaa as to how many athletes have tested positive, how many have to be hospitalized, and how many deaths, if any. I think if there are no deaths than most certainly we will have football. As far as fans go, not sure how to approach, maybe only 1/3 of stadiums...

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
It would be nice to see a stat from ncaa as to how many athletes have tested positive, how many have to be hospitalized, and how many deaths, if any. I think if there are no deaths than most certainly we will have football. As far as fans go, not sure how to approach, maybe only 1/3 of stadiums...
that 1/3 stadium rule sure takes the hometeam advantage out of it. May need to pump in crowd noise like the falcons lol