Any way we could get Tom Herman as OC?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
I'd happily donate a couple hundred if we could make a play for Herman. He might just take it if we could offer at least $2 million, and also considering that Gundy won't coach forever.

There is probably not a better offensive coach available right now. Hard to fault a guy for failing to turn Texas around. Dunn could stay Co-OC or whatever who really cares lol.

Sep 29, 2006
I'd happily donate a couple hundred if we could make a play for Herman. He might just take it if we could offer at least $2 million, and also considering that Gundy won't coach forever.

There is probably not a better offensive coach available right now. Hard to fault a guy for failing to turn Texas around. Dunn could stay Co-OC or whatever who really cares lol.
I’d rather have Yurcich back

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

I’d rather have Yurcich back
Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
I would love to see it happen, but my guess is that he'll take his $15 million buyout and wait for another head coaching job to open up. That's what Charlie Strong did after getting fired from Texas.

Yurcich is intriguing, but he was making $1.7 million per year at Texas. Would we be willing (or able) to open up the checkbook wide enough to get him back?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

LMAO. Yeah, with that huge buyout he's going to move to Stillwater and be a Co-OC. He'll get hired as head coach by another power 5 school that doesn't have the sky high expectations as Texas.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
We would have to fire one of our coaches if we brought him in, there are limits on the number of coaches.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Yurcich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 18, 2020
Stillwater ok
Gundy needs to go back to being our O C and calling plays. This hire by Texas is absolutely brilliant! Think about how well it’s working for Zero u to have their head coach calling plays. Texas now is following the example Zero u has given us. Gundy’s background and reputation is that of being a great offensive mind. It’s a total mismatch having K C Dunn calling plays against guys like Lincoln R and now Steve S! I know Mike won’t have as much time to spend fixing his hair, but it’s time we correct this and begin using Mike’s great mind of offensive football for calling plays on game day!!

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX

https://twitter.com/TaylorEstes247/status/1345414377386737665?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1345414377386737665%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html1345414377386737665

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
Gundy needs to go back to being our O C and calling plays. This hire by Texas is absolutely brilliant! Think about how well it’s working for Zero u to have their head coach calling plays. Texas now is following the example Zero u has given us. Gundy’s background and reputation is that of being a great offensive mind. It’s a total mismatch having K C Dunn calling plays against guys like Lincoln R and now Steve S! I know Mike won’t have as much time to spend fixing his hair, but it’s time we correct this and begin using Mike’s great mind of offensive football for calling plays on game day!!
Wait what? Gundy?? :confused: