Any news on appeal?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
From what I recall, we appealed the NCAA decision on sanctions regarding Men's Basketball in June. Anyone hear any news on this or heard when we might hear news on this?
I wish university Presidents would get together and scrap the NCAA and form a new organization. It's more about money than concern for the student athletes and the student body.

Feb 25, 2008
https://www.si.com/college/oklahomastate/basketball/boynton-updates-ncaa-appeals-process

Zach Lancaster
Oct 15, 2020

Prior to the first official practice of the 2020-21 season, Oklahoma State head coach Mike Boynton gave an update to the appeals process.

"No, not at this point,” Boynton said of if he had new information on the NCAA appeals process. “It's not moving as fast as I think people thought it was and I think thought it would initially, I don't know if we have anymore clarity on the finality of it at this point. As soon as we know more information, we'll pass it along."

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
From what I recall, we appealed the NCAA decision on sanctions regarding Men's Basketball in June. Anyone hear any news on this or heard when we might hear news on this?
I wish university Presidents would get together and scrap the NCAA and form a new organization. It's more about money than concern for the student athletes and the student body.
Ur assuming the same people would come up with something better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Ur assuming the same people would come up with something better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I'm not and you are exactly right. If you did create a new association that took control the very same people would simply change their email address. Nothing else would change.

It doesn't change my opinion though that the NCAA needs to regain their concern for the student athlete and the general student.

College athletics are there because of alumni and the general student (and especially the general student). I think that has been forgotten and sidelined for many years now.

Aug 16, 2012
No I'm not and you are exactly right. If you did create a new association that took control the very same people would simply change their email address. Nothing else would change.

It doesn't change my opinion though that the NCAA needs to regain their concern for the student athlete and the general student.

College athletics are there because of alumni and the general student (and especially the general student). I think that has been forgotten and sidelined for many years now.
I love your Pollyanna-ish optimism, it is the same as mine. But I have recognized that for decades now, college sports on the administration level is about nothing more than money.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I know it's apples and Oranges but if Ped State can cover for pedophiles and Baylor can recruit and cover for rapists, it seems like unknowingly having a self serving jack wagon as an assistant coach for a year wouldn't be such a big deal.

Feb 18, 2009
With the punishment laid down on Alabama today, if we don’t win the appeal, sue indefinitely. You can’t have ‘member’ institutions and turn around and have inconsistent application of your bylaws every time we turn around. It’s going to require a bigger power than the NCAA.

Dec 6, 2013
Yep.

Also, if we lose the appeal we may file a lawsuit, which would likely include a request for an injunction allowing us to play until the lawsuit is adjudicated.
I'd be OK with that - even if we end up losing the suit after the tourney. Might as well get the chance in the dance while Cade is here and serve the suspension some other year.