Any Drone Owners Out There?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
I have owned a basic drone for some time now and I am considering stepping up to a Phantom 3 Standard as I have seen many deals in the $300-$400 range. I'm curious if there is anyone else out there with experience. One of the things I would love to do is head to stillwater and get some aerial shots of campus.

I'm still learning up on the regulations, but it appears FAA regulations prevent flying drones during sporting events so I likely would not be able to take video of gameday, but it would still be pretty awesome.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I have owned a basic drone for some time now and I am considering stepping up to a Phantom 3 Standard as I have seen many deals in the $300-$400 range. I'm curious if there is anyone else out there with experience. One of the things I would love to do is head to stillwater and get some aerial shots of campus.

I'm still learning up on the regulations, but it appears FAA regulations prevent flying drones during sporting events so I likely would not be able to take video of gameday, but it would still be pretty awesome.
My son saved his money for a year and bought one. It is great

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I'd be afraid of running the drone into a person, car or house. I'd like to fly a kite, but hard to find a good place in Stillwater to do that without being too close to the airport. Probably you're not suppose to fly a drone too close to an airport, either.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

Somebody already did that some time ago and got quite a awesome video. On the way home, the drone got a shot of the high school. Hadn't realized it would look that huge from the air. The video could use an update to show the spectacular new business building.

Last edited:

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Anyone know who I might contact to see if I could fly my drone during gameday? Maybe if I went through the right channels I could get official approval.