Anti-Semite, anti-Semite, Democrat art thy name

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head

Rep. Rashida Tlaib: Palestinians Created "Safe Haven" For Jews After Holocaust, Israel Took Their "Dignity"

Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date May 13, 2019

Rep. Rashida Tlaib: Palestinians Created "Safe Haven" For Jews After Holocaust, Israel Took Their "Dignity"

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) said she always has a "calming feeling" when she speaks to people about the Holocaust and spoke about how Palestinians gave a "safe haven" for Jews while lamenting how the latter took away the "human dignity" of her ancestors.

Tlaib was interviewed on Yahoo's 'Skullduggery' podcast by hosts Michael Isikoff and Daniel Klaidman in an episode released on Friday. Her comments on a two-state solution begin near the 28-minute mark.

REP. RASHIDA TLAIB (D-MI): There's always kind of a calming feeling I tell folks when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors, Palestinians, who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people's passports.

I mean, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time, and I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right, in many ways. But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away, right, and it was forced on them. And so when I think about a one-state, I think about the fact that, why couldn't we do it in a better way? ...

I want a safe haven for Jews. Who doesn't want to be safe? I am humbled by the fact that it was my ancestors that had to suffer for that to happen, but I will not turn my back and allow others to hijack it and say that it's some extremist approach because they're coming from a place of... division, inequality.​

President Trump admonished Tlaib on Twitter Monday morning:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Democrat Rep. Tlaib is being slammed for her horrible and highly insensitive statement on the Holocaust. She obviously has tremendous hatred of Israel and the Jewish people. Can you imagine what would happen if I ever said what she said, and says?

Tlaib stands by her remarks:

Rashida Tlaib

@RashidaTlaib

Policing my words, twisting & turning them to ignite vile attacks on me will not work. All of you who are trying to silence me will fail miserably. I will never allow you to take my words out of context to push your racist and hateful agenda. The truth will always win.

7:52 PM - May 12, 2019

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I am trying find the outrage in this quote. It acknowledges the tragedy of the Holocaust (fully) and also isn't historically inaccurate.

Jerusalem has been bloodily fought over for thousands of years (on a almost incomprehensible death scale). As horrific as the evils in WW2, it falls in comparison to the slaughter that has happened in that area again and again over the coarse of history. WW2 just happens to be recent memory with pictures, photographs and living descends.

After WW2 (and the Holocaust), there was a huge amount of pressure from the West to recognize the Jewish State which was already in a civil war in the area. With the support of the West, Isreal dislocated a huge population of non-Jewish people.

This is long before oil was $80 a barrel so the West was basically the BIG boy on the block and this was the start of the West's meddling in the Middle East.

I am fine with supporting Israel as a nation but I have never understood this 'full and blind' support especially when they commit any number of human rights violations.

Any criticism of Israel's policies or procedures is met with immediate scorn and rabble-rabbles. I just don't understand that.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
I am trying find the outrage in this quote. It acknowledges the tragedy of the Holocaust (fully) and also isn't historically inaccurate.

Jerusalem has been bloodily fought over for thousands of years (on a almost incomprehensible death scale). As horrific as the evils in WW2, it falls in comparison to the slaughter that has happened in that area again and again over the coarse of history. WW2 just happens to be recent memory with pictures, photographs and living descends.

After WW2 (and the Holocaust), there was a huge amount of pressure from the West to recognize the Jewish State which was already in a civil war in the area. With the support of the West, Isreal dislocated a huge population of non-Jewish people.

This is long before oil was $80 a barrel so the West was basically the BIG boy on the block and this was the start of the West's meddling in the Middle East.

I am fine with supporting Israel as a nation but I have never understood this 'full and blind' support especially when they commit any number of human rights violations.

Any criticism of Israel's policies or procedures is met with immediate scorn and rabble-rabbles. I just don't understand that.
If you knew the history of the Palestinian cooperation with Hitler, you'd understand her comment about "some people's passports" being lost. They were confiscated by "her people", the Jews couldn't escape, and were murdered by the thousands in WW2. As to your comment on Jerusalem, the name appears 810 times in the Holy Bible, some 3000+ years old and 0 in the godless (imho) Quran. Jerusalem has a belonged to the Jews for multiple millennia. As the only democratic nation in the middle east (and our only ally), we have bases there to protect both our interests and Israel's. Oy.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If you knew the history of the Palestinian cooperation with Hitler, you'd understand her comment about "some people's passports" being lost. They were confiscated by "her people", the Jews couldn't escape, and were murdered by the thousands in WW2. As to your comment on Jerusalem, the name appears 810 times in the Holy Bible, some 3000+ years old and 0 in the godless (imho) Quran. Jerusalem has a belonged to the Jews for multiple millennia. As the only democratic nation in the middle east (and our only ally), we have bases there to protect both our interests and Israel's. Oy.
My whole response was basically... "why do we blindly support Israel at every turn". Your responses really don't justify our 'unyielding' support of Israel.

First, last time I looked we don't continue to punish a people (and support human right violations against said people) just because they were on the wrong side of history... 80 years ago. Last time i checked we weren't doing this to Germany, Italy or Japan.

Second, I refer to real estate law rather than the bible to sort out land disputes. All land around the world belonged to certain people for millennia before other people took it or forced those people out. By your logic we should give most of the United States back to the American Indian.

I will agree with your last point, "we have bases." But we have a lot of bases around the world but we tend not to lick those other countries asses every chance we get.

The correct answer to my question is "strategic position" and the "american jewish vote". We are willing to overlook a lot of evil stuff in order to have these two things.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
My whole response was basically... "why do we blindly support Israel at every turn". Your responses really don't justify our 'unyielding' support of Israel.

First, last time I looked we don't continue to punish a people (and support human right violations against said people) just because they were on the wrong side of history... 80 years ago. Last time i checked we weren't doing this to Germany, Italy or Japan.

Second, I refer to real estate law rather than the bible to sort out land disputes. All land around the world belonged to certain people for millennia before other people took it or forced those people out. By your logic we should give most of the United States back to the American Indian.

I will agree with your last point, "we have bases." But we have a lot of bases around the world but we tend not to lick those other countries asses every chance we get.

The correct answer to my question is "strategic position" and the "american jewish vote". We are willing to overlook a lot of evil stuff in order to have these two things.
What evils do we overlook? The Israeli defending themselves while Palestinians hide rocket launchers in schools and hospitals and stage dead and injured at border protests? Pretty sad when your dead guys flinch on camera, or the "dead" boy you carry away from supposedly being shot is seen a few moments later walking away from the group that carried him.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
We don't "blindly support" them. But Israel is our closest ally in the ME. That's enough for me.
They're our closest ally and only democracy with similar values, living in the roughest neighborhood on the planet where everyone else wants them dead, and have been historically persecuted for thousands of years. Their policies aren't perfect, and they have killed innocent people (Hamas is largely responsible for this too), but I don't understand the hate.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
They're our closest ally and only democracy with similar values, living in the roughest neighborhood on the planet where everyone else wants them dead, and have been historically persecuted for thousands of years. Their policies aren't perfect, and they have killed innocent people (people Hamas were using as human shields), but I don't understand the hate.
Fixed it.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
My whole response was basically... "why do we blindly support Israel at every turn".
We don't. We know which side has sincerely tried for peace and we know which side has broken that peace every single time. We know which side tries to avoid civilian casualties as much as possible and we know which side tries to cause as many civilian casualties as possible. I see just fine.

Germany, Italy and Japan all lost territory at the end of WWII. If they were firing rockets into Poland, Slovenia and Korea today, and adamantly refusing to stop until the people living there were wiped off the map, then we'd be punishing those countries too.