Antarctica

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I like how the smart people that go through so much to debunk flat earthers don’t realize they are being screwed with.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I like how the smart people that go through so much to debunk flat earthers don’t realize they are being screwed with.
Exactly like the tide pod eaters. It became so huge that kids actually started eating them not realizing that it was a hoax. Same thing here. It started as a joke but some are dead serious about it no matter what.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I mean, I wouldn't say they have to go through any effort to debunk them... That's a pretty simple task...

And some of these are for sure just playing the game but there appear to be people truly falling for it and actually thinking the earth is really flat. The lengths that THEY go to to "debunk" science, now THAT is putting in effort. Some of the things they come up with trying to debunk science is... well... unique...

Nov 6, 2010
I mean, I wouldn't say they have to go through any effort to debunk them... That's a pretty simple task...

And some of these are for sure just playing the game but there appear to be people truly falling for it and actually thinking the earth is really flat. The lengths that THEY go to to "debunk" science, now THAT is putting in effort. Some of the things they come up with trying to debunk science is... well... unique...
If you watch the documentary, they come up with a really good experiment to prove their theory, and at the end they run it. The results are hilarious.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
If you watch the documentary, they come up with a really good experiment to prove their theory, and at the end they run it. The results are hilarious.
I keep meaning to look it up on netflix, because I've seen the results in clips but haven't taken the time to watch the documentary. I think I know what experiment you're talking about and it's reference a LOT on the channel I watch. lol.

Aug 16, 2012
Exactly like the tide pod eaters. It became so huge that kids actually started eating them not realizing that it was a hoax. Same thing here. It started as a joke but some are dead serious about it no matter what.
Wait

Wha

Huh?

F***

Nov 6, 2010
I keep meaning to look it up on netflix, because I've seen the results in clips but haven't taken the time to watch the documentary. I think I know what experiment you're talking about and it's reference a LOT on the channel I watch. lol.
I'm sure it is the same one. They even did the math perfectly to disprove themselves.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

Why does anyone on Twitter or YouTube give them a thought?? Any of the 3 of them

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Oh yes. There are definitely those who are very serious about it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
No, I mean there are people that actually believe that it's a wall that surrounds a flat earth. lol. The number of people that actually believe in a flat earth is an embarrassment to the human race...
I always figure a pretty large troll factor on some of those flat earth type stats.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
No, I mean there are people that actually believe that it's a wall that surrounds a flat earth. lol. The number of people that actually believe in a flat earth is an embarrassment to the human race...
I always figure a pretty large troll factor on some of those flat earth type stats.
I found that there are actually quite a following of people that not only believe that the Earth is flat but they also are the same ones or they cross over with people who believe that the moon landing was faked.

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
Along the same lines, when I first moved here, I had a laminated map of the DFW area (before phone GPS became commonplace) in my car. I used to look at my destination and say, "eh, about 10 miles", only to continually be late until it sunk in that my map scale was essentially representing the equivalent area of Rhode Island, Connecticut and parts of Massachusetts.
Birthplace vs current home.

1606976625122.png

And I remember thinking that going to my grandparents in Philly seemed like a day long trek. Now I just call it my commute.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I found that there are actually quite a following of people that not only believe that the Earth is flat but they also are the same ones or they cross over with people who believe that the moon landing was faked.

I've never really discussed this with an actual flat earther.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I met one in Stillwater. Brought up in a weird way during a normal conversation. He was dead serious. Normally though, to find them, it has to be online.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

I'm pretty sure that one of the flat earth beliefs is that space is fake. We're covered by a dome and no one knows what's outside of that dome. Some think the sky is blue because the dome is actually covered by a layer of water... I don't know how many of them actually believe the things they say but they're certainly entertaining. lol.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
My sister gave serious thought to the faked moon landing hoax for a minute. I smacked her around with a few rebuttals and she let that one go.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

If you have Facebook, go here and you can discuss with plenty of them. Ashamed to say that many of them are "Christians".
https://www.facebook.com/36808309898/posts/10160560003054899/

Aug 16, 2012
So how do flat earthers explain sunrises and sunsets?

That to date, no one has ever found the edge of the earth and fallen off?

That all the water in the oceans has not cascaded over the edges?

Why northern hemisphere summers are hotter than winters.

Explain a world map in general.

Questions could be endless.