Another Game Against Backup QB

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Please tell me I am wrong.

But I am afraid we will make Tech's QB look like an All American
I'm sure Duffey will make some plays. He's got some athleticism and talent. That said, this defense is better than last year. Our LB play is probably as good as it's been since 2013.

The safeties were all first year players last year. They have vastly improved there too. Young on D-line but we are much improved on defense. We can at least slow some people.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
TT is awful this year. Their defense may be the worst it's been in a long time, and that's saying something. If we can't score at will inside the red zone, we've got some serious problems going forward. This is the week to figure it out. I think we will.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I'm going to take that as a compliment of our Defense from a Sooner fan. That should feel good but it's just too weird for me to quite digest it.
I can compliment anyone. I think tech is just really bad, they will be one of the worst offenses in the league this year, which is just weird.

MT is the best Sooner fan alive.
Thank you! Your check is in the mail

Kind of a tallest midget thing?

I keed, I keed. He seems okay to me.
I am amazing, truly.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Please tell me I am wrong.

But I am afraid we will make Tech's QB look like an All American
A valid concern, my friend.

OSU has a penchant for making the TE turned QB into an All-American.

For those that doubt it, GTS*
(Google That Sh*t)

Too many backups and freshmen play the best game of their life against us.

If I was Knowles, I'd bumrush that guy each and every down so he doesn't have time to get comfortable. Put the blitz packages to work because chances are he's going to have trouble picking them up that quickly since he's mostly inexperienced.

If we go 3 down linemen, we're dead.
Dead, I tells ya!

Let's make sure that TT kid has nightmares for at least 2 weeks after the game.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Seems like Tech game week on this board used to always have a bunch of Tech fans stop by and post. I guess they are too depressed and beat down this year.

Dec 11, 2011
We’ve seen plenty of Duffey, and he isn’t very good. Only reason I’d be worried is if they moved a WR or LB to QB.

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
I'm always worried At TT - the early morning margaritas, the tortillas, the skinny pissed off Yosemite Sams - it is like Southern Florida but in West, West Texas, with no Mickey Mouse.....

Nov 3, 2008
I can compliment anyone. I think tech is just really bad, they will be one of the worst offenses in the league this year, which is just weird.
I think you put any team in a new offense and take away QB1 & QB2 and they're going to struggle. I think even OU takes a major step back if Hurts and Mordecai were to go down. UT takes a big step back if their down to their 3rd string QB.

If you've watched any Tech games at all, you'd know Duffey isn't a good quarterback.
Duffey isn't good but I don't think he's terrible either. He single handily beat TCU last year. Take away the fumbles(I know if's and but's) and he beats UT last year. Jackson Tyner(the kid who started vs. OU) is terrible

Seems like Tech game week on this board used to always have a bunch of Tech fans stop by and post. I guess they are too depressed and beat down this year.
Not making excuses, injuries are a part of it but it seems like year after year after year, Tech is lining up their 3rd & 4th string to face a 3-headed offensive monster in OSU....and the story repeats itself once again.

All Tech fans have seen this movie over and over. I think all Tech fans would have a ton of confidence with Alan Bowman against your 3rd string QB but unfortunately, the roles are reversed. It sucks but it is what it is. Have to play the cards that are dealt.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I think you put any team in a new offense and take away QB1 & QB2 and they're going to struggle. I think even OU takes a major step back if Hurts and Mordecai were to go down. UT takes a big step back if their down to their 3rd string QB.
Sure, there's always a reason why a team sucks any given year. As far as OU goes, I think the 3rd stringer is better than the backup. I understand the general concept that starters are usually the better players, but it's just more reason why you try to recruit well.

Aug 16, 2012
According to @Nolaeer, you look forward to those situations because his team always has some five-star castoff from a blue blood school waiting in the wings who is the best player in the conference that nobody has heard of yet