Another Fake Hate Crime

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Yeah, I don’t think so.

Selective quoting scripture is a long standing habit of yours as well. Completely over look the scriptures on forgiveness. The book is full of them.

You’re clearly a hypocrite, and I don’t expect you to recognize it. Hypocrites never do.

Carry on.
Feel free to quote scripture that proves me wrong, that I must have sympathy for a false accuser. G'head, I'm waiting...

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Feel free to quote scripture that proves me wrong, that I must have sympathy for a false accuser. G'head, I'm waiting...

You’re shittin’ me, right?

Good grief. The Book is full of scripture on forgiveness, of our self, others, etc, etc. It’s pretty much a major theme in the entire New Testament. I was sure you’d read those parts. Maybe not.

You’re a bigger hypocrite than even I believed.

Continue to selectively quote the Bible to people. You’re excellent at it.

Seriously. You’re really pathetic. I feel sorry for you.

Edit - it’s people like you that turn people from and against Christianity. You preach one thing and practice another. Look up what the Bible has to say about that.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Show me where anyone said both sides have been hurt “equally”.

I can’t believe I’m defending this shit. You guys are just as bad as the far left cancel culture you say you despise.
Show me where I am I advocating "cancel culture".

Where does it say equal?
Where does it say equal?
Where does it say equal?
It groups the hurt together in one statement.

We can argue semantics all freaking day.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Seriously?

Colossians 3:13 – Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

Isaish 1:18 - "Come now, and let us reason together" says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."

And from the Son of Man HIMSELF

Matthew 6:14-15 - For if you forgive trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

With that last one, you better hope that you live a perfect life.

Aug 16, 2012
Her family. Not her. No one is talking about having sympathy for her.
Do you not believe, even for a second, that her upbringing by these same parents had a direct impact on her decision to pull this stunt? Call me a pessimist, but I would not put it past them to have orchestrated the whole thing and used her as a pawn. See Greta Thornburg or whatever the green warrior waif's name is. It is a win-win situation for them.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Do you not believe, even for a second, that her upbringing by these same parents had a direct impact on her decision to pull this stunt? Call me a pessimist, but I would not put it past them to have orchestrated the whole thing and used her as a pawn. See Greta Thornburg or whatever the green warrior waif's name is. It is a win-win situation for them.
Well it's certainly possible.

I know I did alot of stupid stuff, even after age 12, that my parents certainly didn't condone.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
I can't answer that with any certainty. There are a lot of kids that suffer from a host of mental health issues. There are a lot of kids that will do anything for attention.

I can tell you that my if my (mixed) step-daughter came home from school with her hair cut, crying, and told me that a group of white boys held her down and called her slurs and cut her hair, I would believe her. I would go to bat for her. And if it turned out that she was lying, I would make a public statement apologizing and say that I would accept the consequences that were going to follow. I can tell you that we have had many talks with her about how she is sure to encounter someone that judges her based on her skin color, and how to handle those situations...but that doesn't mean that a kid won't make a bad decision and take an opportunity for fame and attention.

Typically, if the parents and family raised her to always play the victim and race card, they aren't going to make an apology. They will do everything they can to continue playing the victim and race card. IE Jussie Smollett...did he make a public apology saying he would accept the consequences? Nope, he maintained that he was the victim in all of it.

Having worked in adolescent mental health, I saw all sorts of things. I had a kid who believed his parents loved his siblings more, so to get their attention and care he walked into the living room one night, poured lighter fluid all over himself and lit a match. Did his parents teach him to do that? No. Did they ignore warning signs to mental health issue? Possibly. I also had kids that had the most involved and supportive parents you've ever seen that were violent towards other kids. Sometimes kids do crap that is crappy.

To get on here and be a keyboard warrior and continue to attack people who apologized is just as crappy. This thread is like the comment section on the pictures of Brandt Jean hugging Amber Guyger and saying that he forgives her. Why in the world are we arguing about this? A reasonable adult thing to do would be to say "I'm glad they apologized, I hope the girl does have some sort of consequence and learns her lesson."

Aug 16, 2012
I can't answer that with any certainty. There are a lot of kids that suffer from a host of mental health issues. There are a lot of kids that will do anything for attention.

I can tell you that my if my (mixed) step-daughter came home from school with her hair cut, crying, and told me that a group of white boys held her down and called her slurs and cut her hair, I would believe her. I would go to bat for her. And if it turned out that she was lying, I would make a public statement apologizing and say that I would accept the consequences that were going to follow. I can tell you that we have had many talks with her about how she is sure to encounter someone that judges her based on her skin color, and how to handle those situations...but that doesn't mean that a kid won't make a bad decision and take an opportunity for fame and attention.

Typically, if the parents and family raised her to always play the victim and race card, they aren't going to make an apology. They will do everything they can to continue playing the victim and race card. IE Jussie Smollett...did he make a public apology saying he would accept the consequences? Nope, he maintained that he was the victim in all of it.

Having worked in adolescent mental health, I saw all sorts of things. I had a kid who believed his parents loved his siblings more, so to get their attention and care he walked into the living room one night, poured lighter fluid all over himself and lit a match. Did his parents teach him to do that? No. Did they ignore warning signs to mental health issue? Possibly. I also had kids that had the most involved and supportive parents you've ever seen that were violent towards other kids. Sometimes kids do crap that is crappy.

To get on here and be a keyboard warrior and continue to attack people who apologized is just as crappy. This thread is like the comment section on the pictures of Brandt Jean hugging Amber Guyger and saying that he forgives her. Why in the world are we arguing about this? A reasonable adult thing to do would be to say "I'm glad they apologized, I hope the girl does have some sort of consequence and learns her lesson."
Where in the world has it been stated this girl has a mental issue????? Yes, she deserves any consequences of her action, but something tells me we have seen the extent of the ramifications already...none. Cops are likely to not file charges due to her age and if she has not been already (I have not heard, but could have easily missed it), she should be expelled from the school. IMO, that will never happen because the social justice realm would go into a frenzy and blame her actions on society

Aug 16, 2012
Well it's certainly possible.

I know I did alot of stupid stuff, even after age 12, that my parents certainly didn't condone.
We all did. But here is the kicker. Would you have allowed any situation to have escalated to the point the national media takes and runs with it and three innocent boys are vilified?

Aug 16, 2012
The same place it was stated that she learned the behavior from her family.
I could have missed something, but to my recollection, nothing was ever mentioned about mental health in any comments about learning the behavior from her parents. That presumption is so far from out in left field, it is across McElroy, possibly SHS. Introduction of a mental health issue reeks of making excuses

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
The same place it was stated that she learned the behavior from her family.
I could have missed something, but to my recollection, nothing was ever mentioned about mental health in any comments about learning the behavior from her parents. That presumption is so far from out in left field, it is across McElroy, possibly SHS. Introduction of a mental health issue reeks of making excuses
I never said that she did. Re-read my post. I said I worked as a mental health counselor for youth and saw all sorts of crap that kids did.

You made the statement that she could have been taught this by her parents. I made a rebuttal that kids do things that their parents don’t teach them, then provided you with examples that I’ve experienced in my life.

I have no idea if her parents are pieces of crap that teach her to use race and victim status as means to fame. I have no idea if she has mental health issues. I have no idea if she feels bad or if her family really feels bad.

I know that it has been determined to be fake. I know that her family has apologized. I hope that she faces consequences for her actions.

That’s all.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Seriously?

Colossians 3:13 – Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

Isaish 1:18 - "Come now, and let us reason together" says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."

And from the Son of Man HIMSELF

Matthew 6:14-15 - For if you forgive trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

With that last one, you better hope that you live a perfect life.
Coloassians 3:13 Please notice the mutual nature of the verses (i.e. "one another"). This verse is for people who are in close community with each other. I have never met any of the people involved and have no relationship with them.

Isaiah 1:18 is between her and God and has nothing to do with me.

Matthew 6 - What sin has she committed against me that I need to forgive? None as far as I can tell.

There is still no verse that commands me to have sympathy for the false accuser. However, the Bible has a lot more to say about people who make false accusations.

Galatians 5:19-21 (NASB)
Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are:  immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions,  factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 4
Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour

1 Timothy 1
9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

(Note: liars and perjurers are "ungodly and sinful")

Revelation 21
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.