Another Fake Hate Crime

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I don't believe that's true.

The girl was damaged, it was self inflicted, but she was damaged. Her family's name has also been damaged, and I can't imagine the pain and shame they feel for having a daughter they love do something so reprehensible.

There is no doubt in my mind that both sides are hurting.
Guy kills his parents then begs the court for mercy because he is an orphan. It's bullspit. There is only one side that has been damaged, the side that's falsely accused.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Guy kills his parents then begs the court for mercy because he is an orphan. It's bullspit. There is only one side that has been damaged, the side that's falsely accused.
I'll tell ya what's "bullspit". Your comparison of that scenario and the 12 yo girl being discussed above. Actually, it's complete bullshit, and you know it. If you can't see the harm that has been caused that girl's family, then I really feel sorry for you. Seriously. What a pathetically myopic asshole you must be.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I'll tell ya what's "bullspit". Your comparison of that scenario and the 12 yo girl being discussed above. Actually, it's complete bullshit, and you know it. If you can't see the harm that has been caused that girl's family, then I really feel sorry for you. Seriously. What a pathetically myopic asshole you must be.
Jakeman said, "it was self-inflicted". Just like the guy who made himself an orphan. I have no sympathy for her, not an ounce. And I'm not the one being myopic.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Jakeman said, "it was self-inflicted". Just like the guy who made himself an orphan. I have no sympathy for her, not an ounce. And I'm not the one being myopic.

No sympathy for her family either I suppose? Were they not harmed? Did they do it? Are they on the other side?

For someone who espouses their Christian faith on a regular basis, and given the tenants of forgiveness asserted within that faith, that seems extremely hypocritical.

You do you. I’ll go ahead on and express empathy and forgiveness toward a 12 yo girl that doesn’t deserve to have the remainder of her life ruined by the cancel culture so rampant in this country today. She’s fuckin’ 12. Imma cut her a little slack.

I’m also going to have sympathy for her family, that did nothing but love their daughter, in spite of her sins.

None of any of that means I don’t have equal or greater empathy for those falsely accused, and their families as well. I have always seemed to be able to do both in situations such as this. Apparently your Christian faith won’t allow that. That’s cool. To each their own.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Her family. Not her. No one is talking about having sympathy for her.
Wasted breath. Myopic hate.

Edited to add - But, I also feel for the girl. She made a mistake. Albeit a horrendous, and extremely hurtful mistake. She’s 12.

I give a lot of credit to her family for speaking out the way they did when the truth was know.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
"I'll tell ya what's "bullspit". Your comparison of that scenario and the 12 yo girl being discussed above."

Selective quote there?? Completely left out the last part where I specifically mentioned her family?

If you can't see the harm that has been caused that girl's family, then I really feel sorry for you.
You absolutely fit the definition of myopic. That isn’t debatable.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
None of any of that means I don’t have equal or greater empathy for those falsely accused, and their families as well.
Did you actually read the part of the story that I quoted? They were absolutely equating the two sides with the "hurt on both sides of this conflict." There is no conflict, one side falsely accused the other. By agreeing with them you are equating the two sides as well.

If there is anything I hate here it is false accusations. Oh, that and stupidity.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Did you actually read the part of the story that I quoted? They were absolutely equating the two sides with the "hurt on both sides of this conflict." There is no conflict, one side falsely accused the other. By agreeing with them you are equating the two sides as well.

If there is anything I hate here it is false accusations. Oh, that and stupidity.

"While we are relieved to hear the truth and bring the events of the past few days to a close, we also feel tremendous pain for the victims and the hurt on both sides of this conflict," he said. "We recognize that we now enter what will be a long season of healing."

Did you read it? Show me exactly where they said the hurt was equal. I don’t see that. I didn’t infer it, and I don’t believe the article did either. Everyone concerned has been hurt. Again, I’d you don’t believe her family has been and aren’t containing to hurt, I feel sorry for you.

You’re a hypocrite. Remember that when you start posting about the Bible and forgiveness next time.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
"While we are relieved to hear the truth and bring the events of the past few days to a close, we also feel tremendous pain for the victims and the hurt on both sides of this conflict," he said. "We recognize that we now enter what will be a long season of healing."

Did you read it? Show me exactly where they said the hurt was equal. I don’t see that. I didn’t infer it, and I don’t believe the article did either. Everyone concerned has been hurt. Again, I’d you don’t believe her family has been and aren’t containing to hurt, I feel sorry for you.

You’re a hypocrite. Remember that when you start posting about the Bible and forgiveness next time.
the hurt on both sides of this conflict

There is only one side of the "conflict", there is only one injured party, those who have been falsely accused.

As far as my faith, I will let scripture speak for me, because it cries out.

Exodus 20:16 ESV
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Exodus 23:1 ESV
“You shall not spread a false report. You shall not join hands with a wicked man to be a malicious witness.

Deuteronomy 19:18-19 ESV
The judges shall inquire diligently, and if the witness is a false witness and has accused his brother falsely, then you shall do to him as he had meant to do to his brother. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

Isaiah 54:17 ESV
No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.”

1 Peter 2:1
So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander.

There is absolutely nothing in scripture that demands that I sympathize with someone who has accused falsely.

Last edited:

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Yeah how anyone with any common sense can maintain "equal hurt on both sides" is astounding.

Show me where anyone said both sides have been hurt “equally”.

I can’t believe I’m defending this shit. You guys are just as bad as the far left cancel culture you say you despise.

This little gal isn’t Jussie Smollet or WTFE his name is. She’s a small child. Her family has apologized and said they will accept the consequences for their daughters false accusations. There should be consequences. She shouldn’t just skate with no repercussions, but it sure isn’t my place to withhold forgiveness.

I absolutely feel for her family. Without question. I don’t believe her and her family should be forever cast aside and erased because a 12 yo girl made an egregious, hurtful mistake that her family has clearly accepted responsibility for and has promised atonement.

Hopefully the accused and their families will forgive them as well. But, that’s their decision, and they alone get to make it.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Show me where anyone said both sides have been hurt “equally”.

I can’t believe I’m defending this shit. You guys are just as bad as the far left cancel culture you say you despise.

This little gal isn’t Jussie Smollet or WTFE his name is. She’s a small child. Her family has apologized and said they will accept the consequences for their daughters false accusations. There should be consequences. She shouldn’t just skate with no repercussions, but it sure isn’t my place to withhold forgiveness.

I absolutely feel for her family. Without question. I don’t believe her and her family should be forever cast aside and erased because a 12 yo girl made an egregious, hurtful mistake that her family has clearly accepted responsibility for and has promised atonement.

Hopefully the accused and their families will forgive them as well. But, that’s their decision, and they alone get to make it.
It doesn't, & it's a silly argument.

I completely agree with you.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Once again, you are being myopic (and obtuse). It is an equivocation, and you doggone well know it. If it were not you wouldn't cry "hypocrite" for my lack of sympathy. You can't have it both ways.

Yeah, I don’t think so.

Selective quoting scripture is a long standing habit of yours as well. Completely over look the scriptures on forgiveness. The book is full of them.

You’re clearly a hypocrite, and I don’t expect you to recognize it. Hypocrites never do.

Carry on.