Another Fake Hate Crime

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
This story was breaking news, front page news, when it was believed to be a hate crime. The story as it is now, probably barely qualifies for page 16 and certainly isn't going to be talked about by the likes of Maddow. The end result is that many millions of people in this country still believe this was a hate crime, by Trump supporters, and it just one fake story among many in their brain contributing to their Trump Derangement Syndrome.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
"The symbol, which appears to be the “OK” hand gesture, has a complicated background. It never had any white power connections until 2017, when a few members of the alt-right started a hoax to trick people into thinking that it did. The purpose was for anyone who made that innocuous gesture to be accused of racism. It’s a form of internet trolling, but the white power movement ended up co-opting the gesture and using it to actually symbolize white power."

No no no no. The symbol has never been co-opted back by the white power movement. The gesture they do doesn't look the same and uses both hands. This is part of the "made you look" game that people play all the time. I started reading the above paragraph and thought "yes, a journalist who does their research". Only to be disappointed again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
Here we go again. Fake hate crime the media jumped all over but the true story gets buried.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/girl-dreadlocks-lied-classmates-boy-virginia-hairstyle-hoax/

A 12-year-old black girl from Virginia has recanted an accusation that her white sixth grade classmates pinned her down and cut off her dreadlocks, her family said in a statement Monday. Stephen Danish, the head of Immanuel Christian School, also confirmed the allegations were false.

Following an investigation by the Fairfax County Police Department, Danish said Amari Allen, the student who accused three of her classmates of assault, acknowledged the accusations were not true.

"While we are relieved to hear the truth and bring the events of the past few days to a close, we also feel tremendous pain for the victims and the hurt on both sides of this conflict," he said. "We recognize that we now enter what will be a long season of healing."

Allen's family apologized to the boys and the school for "the pain and anxiety these allegations have caused."

"To the administrators and families of Immanuel Christian School, we are sorry for the damage this incident has done to trust within the school family and the undue scorn it has brought to the school," the family said. "We understand there will be consequences, and we're prepared to take responsibility for them."

They added, "To the broader community, who rallied in such passionate support for our daughter, we apologize for betraying your trust."

Last week, Allen told CBS affiliate WUSA-TV that the boys called her dreadlocks "ugly" and "nappy" before cutting them off on the playground during recess. "They kept laughing and calling me names," Allen told the station, tearing up. "They called me 'ugly,' said, 'I shouldn't have been born.' They called me 'an attention-seeker.'"

Her family pays nearly $12,000 a year for her to attend the private school.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Here we go again. Fake hate crime the media jumped all over but the true story gets buried.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/girl-dreadlocks-lied-classmates-boy-virginia-hairstyle-hoax/

A 12-year-old black girl from Virginia has recanted an accusation that her white sixth grade classmates pinned her down and cut off her dreadlocks, her family said in a statement Monday. Stephen Danish, the head of Immanuel Christian School, also confirmed the allegations were false.

Following an investigation by the Fairfax County Police Department, Danish said Amari Allen, the student who accused three of her classmates of assault, acknowledged the accusations were not true.

"While we are relieved to hear the truth and bring the events of the past few days to a close, we also feel tremendous pain for the victims and the hurt on both sides of this conflict," he said. "We recognize that we now enter what will be a long season of healing."

Allen's family apologized to the boys and the school for "the pain and anxiety these allegations have caused."

"To the administrators and families of Immanuel Christian School, we are sorry for the damage this incident has done to trust within the school family and the undue scorn it has brought to the school," the family said. "We understand there will be consequences, and we're prepared to take responsibility for them."

They added, "To the broader community, who rallied in such passionate support for our daughter, we apologize for betraying your trust."

Last week, Allen told CBS affiliate WUSA-TV that the boys called her dreadlocks "ugly" and "nappy" before cutting them off on the playground during recess. "They kept laughing and calling me names," Allen told the station, tearing up. "They called me 'ugly,' said, 'I shouldn't have been born.' They called me 'an attention-seeker.'"

And Pence's wife teaches there.

I commend the family for doing the right thing.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville

Good for the family on apologizing and saying the accept whatever consequences they get because of this.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Good for the family on apologizing and saying the accept whatever consequences they get because of this.
"Hurt on both sides..."

Only one side was damaged.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
"Hurt on both sides..."

Only one side was damaged.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't believe that's true.

The girl was damaged, it was self inflicted, but she was damaged. Her family's name has also been damaged, and I can't imagine the pain and shame they feel for having a daughter they love do something so reprehensible.

There is no doubt in my mind that both sides are hurting.