Another crazy white guy decides to try to outgun the federal government

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
actually it does matter, because over half of the people I speak with keep agreeing that assault weapons should be banned and if they keep getting used like this then they're in favor of banning those guns.

it doesn't matter so much who went on the rampage, or why, it only matters the lies that the media continue to spread and it impact that it has on the ignorant.
there definitely is a difference in the length of coverage of a shooting involving an assault gun vs one without.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
The color of the shooter also matters.
I don't know there's a guy in this thread calling me racist for pointing out that this is another crazy white guy that did this. Just like Vegas. Just like pretty much every school shooting since Columbine. Sutherland Springs. Charleston. The guy dropping bombs all over Austin. Etc.

Mar 11, 2006
I don't know there's a guy in this thread calling me racist for pointing out that this is another crazy white guy that did this. Just like Vegas. Just like pretty much every school shooting since Columbine. Sutherland Springs. Charleston. The guy dropping bombs all over Austin. Etc.
You are being a buffoon.

@okst1 is pointing out the race of the shooter matters to SJW and far-left libs. The race of the shooter appears to be a key reason this clown was a shooter to you as well.

You seem to imply an inordinate percentage of shooters are white while incredibly not acknowledging, or maybe unaware, that easily attainable data shows this not to be the case.

However, you continue to parrot far-left racial talking points that don’t stand up to facts. Unfortunately, this type of divisive rhetoric is why we saw race relations plummet in the last half of Obama’s final term.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
You are being a buffoon.

@okst1 is pointing out the race of the shooter matters to SJW and far-left libs. The race of the shooter appears to be a key reason this clown was a shooter to you as well.

You seem to imply an inordinate percentage of shooters are white while incredibly not acknowledging, or maybe unaware, that easily attainable data shows this not to be the case.

However, you continue to parrot far-left racial talking points that don’t stand up to facts. Unfortunately, this type of divisive rhetoric is why we saw race relations plummet in the last half of Obama’s final term.
Why don't you enlighten me on this data that shows that the shooters in these incidents aren't overwhelmingly white?

We aren't talking about one-off gang violence and shootings of that nature.

We're talking about orchestrated, planned attacks on schools, government buildings, theaters, CHURCHES... almost all of them coming from tac-bros that like to play Army and have a screw loose.

I'm VERY pro-gun. I like guns a lot. I go hunting regularly.

This is not a gun issue... this is a mental health issue and overwhelmingly these white kids that have been told by mommy and daddy that they're special, and then they can't get a girl to touch them, go off the deep end and decide to take their aggression out on whoever they perceive the enemy to be.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You are being a buffoon.

I believe he's implying that in mass shootings, not shootings in general, the perpetrators have been largely white males.

Mar 11, 2006
Why don't you enlighten me on this data that shows that the shooters in these incidents aren't overwhelmingly white?

We aren't talking about one-off gang violence and shootings of that nature.

We're talking about orchestrated, planned attacks on schools, government buildings, theaters, CHURCHES... almost all of them coming from tac-bros that like to play Army and have a screw loose.

I'm VERY pro-gun. I like guns a lot. I go hunting regularly.

This is not a gun issue... this is a mental health issue and overwhelmingly these white kids that have been told by mommy and daddy that they're special, and then they can't get a girl to touch them, go off the deep end and decide to take their aggression out on whoever they perceive the ey to be.
The US population is 72% white. And 61% are non-Hispanic white.

According to Statista, 56% of mass shooting are by non-Hispanic whites. According to Newsweek, 54% of mass shootings are by non-Hispanic whites.

So statistically, white men disproportionally account for a smaller amount of the mass shootings.

Now should the race of the perp matter? Of course, not. But it matters to the media (if and only if it fits their agenda) and those that lap it up and parrot false data.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
The US population is 72% white. And 61% are non-Hispanic white.

According to Statista, 56% of mass shooting are by non-Hispanic whites. According to Newsweek, 54% of mass shootings are by non-Hispanic whites.

So statistically, white men disproportionally account for a smaller amount of the mass shootings.

Now should the race of the perp matter? Of course, not. But it matters to the media (if and only if it fits their agenda) and those that lap it up and parrot false data.
So 54% to 56% of mass shooters are white... A majority of mass shooters are white... Mass shootings are more likely to be committed by white dudes with a screw loose.

I don't see how I'm jumping to conclusions here.

You don't run into many brothers in the "incel revolution" which seems to be the newest threat to the US and Canada.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
So 54% to 56% of mass shooters are white... A majority of mass shooters are white... Mass shootings are more likely to be committed by white dudes with a screw loose.

You don't run into many brothers in the "incel revolution" which seems to be the newest threat to the US and Canada.
You're not at all. The number of 54% to 56%, & even 63% is out there in multiple places. So, yes, the majority of the perps are white men, but white men also make up a much larger percentage of the population & have for years. Simply put, there's more white dudes out there to commit these crimes.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
You're not at all. The number of 54% to 56%, & even 63% is out there in multiple places. So, yes, the majority of the perps are white men, but white men also make up a much larger percentage of the population & have for years. Simply put, there's more white dudes out there to commit these crimes.
Cipherin' is voodoo. Be gone you demon.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
it sounds like he needs a little help with his gazintas.

Mar 11, 2006

You are using race as a specifier, but race has no correlation to your claim.

Your statement that “a majority of mass shooters are white” is as accurate as a claim that “a majority of slow NFL running backs are black”.