Annnnd.... she'd be dead here.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Pictured: Teenage Muslim girl who sparked a security scare after carrying a replica machine gun into a hospital
A Muslim girl wearing a blue hijab was spotted carrying a replica rifle to hospital
The teenager caused a security scare at one of Sydney's major hospitals
Terrified onlookers frantically contacted security multiple times to intervene
By BRYANT HEVESI and EMILY PIDGEON FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
PUBLISHED: 10:17, 8 June 2018 | UPDATED: 10:45, 8 June 2018

A Muslim girl wearing a blue hijab sparked a security scare by carrying a replica machine gun into a major hospital.

The teenager was spotted carrying the fake firearm at Prince of Wales Hospital at Randwick, in Sydney's east, terrifying onlookers.

Security was alerted after the girl was seen walking into the hospital cafe with the replica weapon in hand, the Southern Courier reported.

The plastic rifle appeared to be an M15 - a type of weapon used at several school shootings in America, 7 News reported.

'People don't know it's a toy gun so it's terrorising innocent people,' an onlooker told the network.

One woman at the hospital who was 'very concerned' when the incident unfolded about 9am Thursday reportedly contacted security five times.

'It's very worrying seeing girls that age playing around with a toy rifle in the street, let alone at a big hospital,' a witness told Daily Mail Australia.

'It's just not right, we need to be vigilant and keep an eye out for this sort of stuff in order to keep our country safe.'

Another woman said she had told the girl before she entered the cafe not to take the replica rifle into the hospital as people were scared.

Police were contacted and later tracked-down the girl and her mother outside the hospital and after speaking to them, confirmed it was a toy gun which was not illegal.

A spokesman for the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District said an investigation into the incident is now underway.

The security scare unfolded at Sydney's Prince of Wales Hospital (pictured) and NSW Police confirmed it was a toy gun - which is not illegal+3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ying-replica-machine-gun-Sydney-hospital.html

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Pictured: Teenage Muslim girl who sparked a security scare after carrying a replica machine gun into a hospital
A Muslim girl wearing a blue hijab was spotted carrying a replica rifle to hospital
The teenager caused a security scare at one of Sydney's major hospitals
Terrified onlookers frantically contacted security multiple times to intervene
By BRYANT HEVESI and EMILY PIDGEON FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
PUBLISHED: 10:17, 8 June 2018 | UPDATED: 10:45, 8 June 2018

A Muslim girl wearing a blue hijab sparked a security scare by carrying a replica machine gun into a major hospital.

The teenager was spotted carrying the fake firearm at Prince of Wales Hospital at Randwick, in Sydney's east, terrifying onlookers.

Security was alerted after the girl was seen walking into the hospital cafe with the replica weapon in hand, the Southern Courier reported.

The plastic rifle appeared to be an M15 - a type of weapon used at several school shootings in America, 7 News reported.

'People don't know it's a toy gun so it's terrorising innocent people,' an onlooker told the network.

One woman at the hospital who was 'very concerned' when the incident unfolded about 9am Thursday reportedly contacted security five times.

'It's very worrying seeing girls that age playing around with a toy rifle in the street, let alone at a big hospital,' a witness told Daily Mail Australia.

'It's just not right, we need to be vigilant and keep an eye out for this sort of stuff in order to keep our country safe.'

Another woman said she had told the girl before she entered the cafe not to take the replica rifle into the hospital as people were scared.

Police were contacted and later tracked-down the girl and her mother outside the hospital and after speaking to them, confirmed it was a toy gun which was not illegal.

A spokesman for the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District said an investigation into the incident is now underway.

The security scare unfolded at Sydney's Prince of Wales Hospital (pictured) and NSW Police confirmed it was a toy gun - which is not illegal+3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ying-replica-machine-gun-Sydney-hospital.html
To be fair if she lived in an open carry state here she would be within her rights

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
To be fair if she lived in an open carry state here she would be within her rights
It was a toy so she was within her rights in Australia. Just saying that at least in most of the US, if a person dressed like that was carrying a toy like that into a hospital, I think there is a pretty good chance she would not survive the incident.

Oct 7, 2008
It was a toy so she was within her rights in Australia. Just saying that at least in most of the US, if a person dressed like that was carrying a toy like that into a hospital, I think there is a pretty good chance she would not survive the incident.
Within her rights but not within her right mind. I wonder if she was doing it to intentionally funk with people? I remember a year or so ago a couple middle eastern jackasses going on planes and shouting in Arabic then posting the video to YouTube and crying discrimination. Could have been similar to that.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
does Australia not require toy guns to have orange tips on them like in America because then it would have been easily identifiable now if it is the case and she removed the orange tip because it doesn't look like in one of the pictures there's an orange tip on it then that's purposely trying to mislead and that actually is against the law in America don't know about Australia.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Within her rights but not within her right mind. I wonder if she was doing it to intentionally funk with people? I remember a year or so ago a couple middle eastern jackasses going on planes and shouting in Arabic then posting the video to YouTube and crying discrimination. Could have been similar to that.
Yeah that is quite interesting because think about it, what teenage girl in general would be playing with a toy machine gun let alone Muslim aren't they supposed to be not even seen or heard you know in the background that's kind of seeming a little much walking around with a toy machine gun.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
does Australia not require toy guns to have orange tips on them like in America because then it would have been easily identifiable now if it is the case and she removed the orange tip because it doesn't look like in one of the pictures there's an orange tip on it then that's purposely trying to mislead and that actually is against the law in America don't know about Australia.

@steross can you confirm the rule in Australia regarding "toy" guns? Are they required by law to have orange tips and if so has the tip on this gun been removed?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
@steross can you confirm the rule in Australia regarding "toy" guns? Are they required by law to have orange tips and if so has the tip on this gun been removed?
I asked my neighbor who is a detective and it sounds like their laws on this are complicated and dumb.
First, there is state and federal law. Federal seems to apply to the sale, not ownership. Federal appears to require some marking, such as the orange tip, for sale, but it can be removed by the owner of a toy gun. For NSW, "replica guns" are illegal. If the purpose of the object is to appear to be a firearm, it is not legal to have without a permit. But, if the purpose of the object is to be a child's toy, that is a loophole in the law. So, you have to sell any replica as a toy. A replica cigarette lighter is illegal as could not be a toy.
So, basically, if you make an object and sell it as a gun replica, you are breaking the law. Sell it as a child's toy, and you are fine. Orange tip is not required for ownership of a toy gun.