An Invitation for Cowboys Coming to Morgantown

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
PM me his name. I've been on this lake for 30 years and maybe I know him.

Great idea.

Not to get all band geeky, but you might change your mind on that if you saw the entire performance live. The slow introspective parts allow the Pride to finish a formation and meet in the center of the field in a multilayered circle facing in. Then, they all turn in unison and the horns blast out to the crowd and everyone goes nuts. Youtubes don't do it justice but here's one from the 2006 Sugar Bowl (WVU 38 - Georgia 35!!!) that is pretty good:

WVU Band - Simple Gifts

Finally, it's going to be chilly in the morning and warmer, but almost certainly, raining during the game. We may get the pre-game tailgate in before the rain starts but the post-game one is probably a wash (no pun intended). Dress appropriately.

View attachment 75211
Not debating its not a good song cause it is a classic. I just don't see the use of it in a pregame show? I have watched it on youtube and it is cool I will say but again not for pregame. I really don't understand why they play it during that part of the game.
PM me his name. I've been on this lake for 30 years and maybe I know him.

Great idea.

Not to get all band geeky, but you might change your mind on that if you saw the entire performance live. The slow introspective parts allow the Pride to finish a formation and meet in the center of the field in a multilayered circle facing in. Then, they all turn in unison and the horns blast out to the crowd and everyone goes nuts. Youtubes don't do it justice but here's one from the 2006 Sugar Bowl (WVU 38 - Georgia 35!!!) that is pretty good:

WVU Band - Simple Gifts

Finally, it's going to be chilly in the morning and warmer, but almost certainly, raining during the game. We may get the pre-game tailgate in before the rain starts but the post-game one is probably a wash (no pun intended). Dress appropriately.

View attachment 75211
Not debating its not a good song cause it is a classic. I just don't see the use of it in a pregame show? I have watched it on youtube and it is cool I will say but again not for pregame. I really don't understand why they play it during that part of the game.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

this is a really big deal.............. apparently

skirtguy

We gotta go!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
May 4, 2008
Stillwater, OK
www.twitter.com
Just want to bump this to say that I was beyond impressed with WV fans this weekend. @sunedogsc and his tailgate were great! But really, almost every fan we met this weekend was so friendly and welcoming. I give Morgantown a 9/10. Get rid of a few of those hills and we'll make it 10/10.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
To echo what @skirtguy said, this is a must do trip for all Cowboys. @sunedogsc and his crew throw a tremendous party, and they really go above and beyond with the food, drinks, and hospitality. The moonshine circle alone was worth the trip!
My first trip to Morgantown in 2013 was incredible but I think this one topped it.

skirtguy

We gotta go!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
May 4, 2008
Stillwater, OK
www.twitter.com
Hey skirtguy what did your wife think about playing in Morgantown during her playing days? It is a long haul from Oklahoma to West Virginia.
I was just thinking long and hard about "how did she do against West Virginia?" and I couldn't figure it out. Then I realized she never had to make the trip. West Virginia doesn't have a softball team.

Aug 16, 2019
Edmond, Oklahoma
You are right I forgot they didn’t have softball. In a way that is probably a good thing since they have a pretty salty baseball team with their new facilities. Imagine what they would do in softball with a good coach and good facilities.

Nov 18, 2019
SC
Hey -- just got back to SC after a week plus on the road and I'm just catching up. Congratulations on the win against us. Your team looked tough. I'm happy we at least made a game of it and I am optimistic for next year.

The rain held off until the final 5 minutes of the game so we were able to enjoy ourselves at the tailgate. It was cold, but we were prepared. I had a blast hanging out with the many Pokes that were able to make it. I didn't count, but I estimate there were at least two dozen faithful that joined us. I hope you all come back in two years and bring more friends.

I want to especially thank everyone that gave us gifts (and there were many). I was just looking for one OK State coozie for my collection and you guys overwhelmed us. I ended up with at least a half dozen coozies of various shapes and designs, a Yeti beer holder, craft brews and probably some other stuff that I can't remember right now. I am humbled. Thank you.