An Invitation for Cowboys Coming to Morgantown

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 18, 2019
SC
I hope to see a lot of Cowboys in Morgantown this weekend. My wife and I tailgate in the Blue Lot (right next to the stadium) and we really enjoy hosting opposing fans. Ever since joining the B12, we have gone out of our way to extend invitations to visiting fans and we’ve been richly rewarded with great times and new friends.

So I hereby invite any and all Cowboys to join us Saturday for some good food, cold beer and some traditional clear Appalachian adult beverage. (We only bring the real stuff. None of that drivel from the liquor store.) Dress warmly. The overnight lows will be in the lower 30's and the high should be around 44. But there is a 60% chance of rain or snow showers.

So I'd like to invite you to join us Saturday for some good food and cold beer. Plan to join our tradition, The Fire Water Circle, where we form a big circle, Mountaineers and guests together arm in arm, sing Country Roads and pass some clear traditional Appalachian adult beverages around. We'd be impressed if you'd sing your fight song for us. We'll do The Circle about an hour before kick-off. Then you need to think about going in the stadium because you don't want to miss our band entrance. The Pride of West Virginia entrance is like no other.

To find us, start at the 3 flag poles in front of Ruby Hospital, walk directly towards the closest gate of the stadium (North Gate). A third of the way there you will cross an access road that splits the Blue Lot. We try to park in the end space on the stadium side of the access road. If we miss out on that spot, we should be right around there somewhere. White Mercedes SUV. Ask anyone around for John and Crystal from South Carolina.

Or, if you're a techie, plug these coordinates into your pocket wizard: 39°39′9″ N 79°57′23″ W That will put you within a few yards of our spot.

WVU Tailgate.jpg

Nov 18, 2019
SC
Oh...forgot something. I have been collecting coozies from our B12 guests and I still don't have an OK State one. I'd love to trade you a WVU coozie for one of yours for my collection.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
I just watched your band on Youtube and how they enter. That is an interesting pregame. I don't understand why the band plays "Appalachian Spring" in the pregame. Other than that its an interesting pregame show. I won't be able to attend the game but wanted to give my thoughts i what I saw. I was in the Cowboy Marching Band back in the day too. Just curious if you have any back story to what the band plays in pregame?

Nov 18, 2019
SC
Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
I hope to see a lot of Cowboys in Morgantown this weekend. My wife and I tailgate in the Blue Lot (right next to the stadium) and we really enjoy hosting opposing fans. Ever since joining the B12, we have gone out of our way to extend invitations to visiting fans and we’ve been richly rewarded with great times and new friends.

So I hereby invite any and all Cowboys to join us Saturday for some good food, cold beer and some traditional clear Appalachian adult beverage. (We only bring the real stuff. None of that drivel from the liquor store.) Dress warmly. The overnight lows will be in the lower 30's and the high should be around 44. But there is a 60% chance of rain or snow showers.

So I'd like to invite you to join us Saturday for some good food and cold beer. Plan to join our tradition, The Fire Water Circle, where we form a big circle, Mountaineers and guests together arm in arm, sing Country Roads and pass some clear traditional Appalachian adult beverages around. We'd be impressed if you'd sing your fight song for us. We'll do The Circle about an hour before kick-off. Then you need to think about going in the stadium because you don't want to miss our band entrance. The Pride of West Virginia entrance is like no other.

To find us, start at the 3 flag poles in front of Ruby Hospital, walk directly towards the closest gate of the stadium (North Gate). A third of the way there you will cross an access road that splits the Blue Lot. We try to park in the end space on the stadium side of the access road. If we miss out on that spot, we should be right around there somewhere. White Mercedes SUV. Ask anyone around for John and Crystal from South Carolina.

Or, if you're a techie, plug these coordinates into your pocket wizard: 39°39′9″ N 79°57′23″ W That will put you within a few yards of our spot.

View attachment 75156
Where are you from in South Carolina?

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee

View attachment 75156
Thanks for the invite, we plan to take you up on your offer and will come with gifts. We used to live in Charleston, SC, where are y’all at?

Nov 18, 2019
SC
Where are you from in South Carolina?
Thanks for the invite, we plan to take you up on your offer and will come with gifts. We used to live in Charleston, SC, where are y’all at?
We're on Lake Murray just outside of Columbia. We grew up in WV but had to migrate south due to the economy in the early '80's. Been here 38 years. Still live and breath for the Mountaineers and we rarely miss a home football game.

Looking forward to meeting you, OstatePokes.

Nov 18, 2019
SC
My father in law has a house on Lake Murray. Fun times.
PM me his name. I've been on this lake for 30 years and maybe I know him.

Maybe its because "Simple Gifts" is one of the greatest pieces of music ever
I want it played at my funeral
Great idea.

I agree, but not during a pregame show. halftime yes, not pregame
Not to get all band geeky, but you might change your mind on that if you saw the entire performance live. The slow introspective parts allow the Pride to finish a formation and meet in the center of the field in a multilayered circle facing in. Then, they all turn in unison and the horns blast out to the crowd and everyone goes nuts. Youtubes don't do it justice but here's one from the 2006 Sugar Bowl (WVU 38 - Georgia 35!!!) that is pretty good:

WVU Band - Simple Gifts

Finally, it's going to be chilly in the morning and warmer, but almost certainly, raining during the game. We may get the pre-game tailgate in before the rain starts but the post-game one is probably a wash (no pun intended). Dress appropriately.

Motown Weather.PNG

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
My father in law has a house on Lake Murray. Fun times.
PM me his name. I've been on this lake for 30 years and maybe I know him.

Maybe its because "Simple Gifts" is one of the greatest pieces of music ever
I want it played at my funeral
Great idea.

I agree, but not during a pregame show. halftime yes, not pregame
Not to get all band geeky, but you might change your mind on that if you saw the entire performance live. The slow introspective parts allow the Pride to finish a formation and meet in the center of the field in a multilayered circle facing in. Then, they all turn in unison and the horns blast out to the crowd and everyone goes nuts. Youtubes don't do it justice but here's one from the 2006 Sugar Bowl (WVU 38 - Georgia 35!!!) that is pretty good:

WVU Band - Simple Gifts

Finally, it's going to be chilly in the morning and warmer, but almost certainly, raining during the game. We may get the pre-game tailgate in before the rain starts but the post-game one is probably a wash (no pun intended). Dress appropriately.

View attachment 75211
You're right. Doesn't do it justice. Too much crowd screaming to hear the music at all.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk