Amy Coney Barrett Supreme Court Hearings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
You must be an EXCELLENT candidate for SCOTUS if the strongest argument that is made against you is that you used the term “sexual preference”. Sad that Senators Hirono and Booker attempted to make your wording be offensive. Proving that we have a group that jumps at the opportunity to be a victim.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The Democrats are literally creating a new thing to be offended about before our very eyes. And why? Because they have absolutely no legitimate reason to attack thus woman. The self proclaimed party of women is literally inventing new reasons to keep a woman out of a position of power. They don't give a flying flip about women and it's right here on full display.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
https://twitter.com/stevekrak/status/1316223349719216128?s=21

https://twitter.com/stevekrak/status/1316224838336491520?s=21
"Preference" is who you are attracted to.

"Orientation" is who you think you are.

Same-sex marriage is about both preference and orientation, as is traditional marriage.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1316770470872731649?s=19
2 things...
  1. evidentially ND has too many professors
  2. Is the Pope Catholic? IMHO, not this Pope.

Point and question being, is ND still Catholic, since the Pope doesn't seem to be anymore? And, wth with hiring professors at a catholic university that would ACTIVELY stand in opposition to her nomination.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
2 things...
  1. evidentially ND has too many professors
  2. Is the Pope Catholic? IMHO, not this Pope.

Point and question being, is ND still Catholic, since the Pope doesn't seem to be anymore? And, wth with hiring professors at a catholic university that would ACTIVELY stand in opposition to her nomination.
Most large universities, like Notre Dame and Baylor, are nominally religious. They do not require any statement of faith from their faculty.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
"Preference" is who you are attracted to.

"Orientation" is who you think you are.

Same-sex marriage is about both preference and orientation, as is traditional marriage.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Just fyi for my brother Rx on the subject of attraction when I did a search on it. I find these verses interesting and difficult and certainly unattainable on our own accord.
https://www.openbible.info/topics/attraction I didn't edit this list, but I would recommend it be edited to only deal with attraction...so please forgive the verses that it found that will be offensive to many..also, I'm not preaching here because I'm among the guilty condemned (without Grace anyway) by these verses.

What I'm learning is that we, as believers, are suppose to avoid nearly all, external outward appearance type of "attractions," for our own protection. Certainly a difficult pill for anyone no matter our "orientation," and it highlights the sheer magnitude and each of our own personal need for a Savior and our utter worthlessness to attempt to do this life on our own.

It's laying down our control of our lives as he did for us...nearly impossible, but somewhat obtainable over a lifetime...if we are invested in giving God control. It's why monks are monks and real followers are pure of motive...I'm not close to there, but wondered your thoughts on this concept.

Last edited:

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Most large universities, like Notre Dame and Baylor, are nominally religious. They do not require any statement of faith from their faculty.
Baylor did at one time because I had a buddy turn down a position there based on the language used in the statement of faith. This was 10-12 Years ago.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Would you agree this is a newish phenomena...like since the 60's new?
No. The Ivy League schools all began as seminaries, but diverged from that well prior to WWII. There are actually several good papers on the life-cycle of religious institutions of higher learning. Secularization is nothing new. Bryn Mawr and Swarthmore are both nominally Quaker, but you're not going to get a Quaker education at either of them.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
No. The Ivy League schools all began as seminaries, but diverged from that well prior to WWII. There are actually several good papers on the life-cycle of religious institutions of higher learning. Secularization is nothing new. Bryn Mawr and Swarthmore are both nominally Quaker, but you're not going to get a Quaker education at either of them.
Never heard of either of those schools. Names could be straight out of Harry Potter.

Both look like good schools. Swarthmore has a $2B endowment which seems crazy. Awesome looking campuses too. Probably one of my favorite things to do on road trips is go to campuses. Think I have done all of the Ivy league now and I bet at least half of each power 5 conference schools.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Never heard of either of those schools. Names could be straight out of Harry Potter.

Both look like good schools. Swarthmore has a $2B endowment which seems crazy. Awesome looking campuses too. Probably one of my favorite things to do on road trips is go to campuses. Think I have done all of the Ivy league now and I bet at least half of each power 5 conference schools.
You've never heard of Bryn Mawr? It's one of the "Seven Sisters" to the Ivy League schools. Radcliffe is another of the Seven Sisters. Jenny in Love Story was a Radcliffe student. The Seven Sisters were all-female equivalents of the then all-male Ivy League schools. Radcliffe and Vassar are no longer exclusive, but Smith College, Barnard College, Bryn Mawr College, Mount Holyoke College, and Wellesley College continue to be all-female/trans/etc. The redhead's niece did her undergrad at Smith College. It's every bit as snobby as the Ivys, if not more so.

A Harvard-Yale game in Cambridge is on my bucket list.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You've never heard of Bryn Mawr? It's one of the "Seven Sisters" to the Ivy League schools. Radcliffe is another of the Seven Sisters. Jenny in Love Story was a Radcliffe student. The Seven Sisters were all-female equivalents of the then all-male Ivy League schools. Radcliffe and Vassar are no longer exclusive, but Smith College, Barnard College, Bryn Mawr College, Mount Holyoke College, and Wellesley College continue to be all-female/trans/etc. The redhead's niece did her undergrad at Smith College. It's every bit as snobby as the Ivys, if not more so.

A Harvard-Yale game in Cambridge is on my bucket list.
quidditch or football? ;)