Ammo Reloading

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU Sig

Federal Marshal
Jan 28, 2005
Edmond
certain powders are back in stock. There is one powder that can be used in almost every caliber and that powder is H4895. If you can find it, buy some and always have it on hand as it will work with almost everything.
There are lots of bullets available and primers seem to have loosened up a bit.

dds115

Free Roverto!!!
Aug 11, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
www.hirecoachgundyscoaches.com
Ordered a Dillon XL 650 last week, it comes in tomorrow. Only ordered it set up for 9mm at the moment, I'll add calibers as time goes on, but unfortunately it costs about $200 for a new toolhead and caliber conversion, plus case feed plate. Can't wait for it to show up, reloading pistol ammo on a single stage is painful to say the least.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
It has taken some work to get it set up, but after about 6 hours of messing with it I think I finally have it ready to crank out some ammo. I'll keep my single stage for load development, but I am so happy to be done with that thing!
I wish I could get a 650! For now, with limited space... it's the single stage press for me. I'll be moving back to Ardmore in a couple of months and will hopefully have a workshop/garage to work in.

I found some of the best .30cal ammo for subsonic hunting... Makers Ammo, 200 grain EXT is devastating. Biggest issue with a round that's only going 1000 fps is most don't expand... the EXT expands to about .75". It's like the Leigh Defense rounds. I loaded up some test rounds in my 300 Blackout (8.5" barrel with a suppressor) and got the most consistent velocities I have ever seen. Managed to get it right at 1033 fps with 3 rounds (average). I shot it into a 4" thick phonebook and it expanded perfectly.

Anyway, look them up. I've seen people hunting both deer and hogs with it. Of course, this is if you're looking for a subsonic .308/300 blackout round to hunt with.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
Now that there ammo scare is pretty much over, is anyone still doing this? I am about to pull the trigger on a Hornady lock n load AP. I now live in CT where they treat gun owners like convicted sex offenders. On principle alone, I want to limit my exposure to database inclusion. Reloading/handloading helps with this.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Now that there ammo scare is pretty much over, is anyone still doing this? I am about to pull the trigger on a Hornady lock n load AP. I now live in CT where they treat gun owners like convicted sex offenders. On principle alone, I want to limit my exposure to database inclusion. Reloading/handloading helps with this.
Not the answer I was looking for...

Hope this helps.....let me know if I can be of further assistance. :)