America's Most Admired Man and Woman

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
If we stick with politics, I'll go with Jimmy Carter. His presidency didn't go well, but he is a tremendous human being.

Celebrities, I'll take Keaunu Reeves, not because I'm a particular fan of his work, but from all accounts he seems to be a really genuine and decent person, which is pretty rare in his world.

Mar 11, 2006
Am I being negative that I think listing who we admire least might be more telling and entertaining? :D

Last edited:

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
What argument did I make? I just simply posted the article.

Other than the one where I pointed out it was taken well after the election and said "maybe they forgot who they voted for" that seemed to have an effect on you as well.

You're the one flipping out over it, not me.
I like how you went back and added your second and third lines after I quoted you verbatim and in entirety and admitted that you had made an an argument and done more than "simply posted the article".

I also like you are trying to paint this as me as the one "flipping out" when all I did was quote the same article you posted and pointed out that "maybe" it was something other than "they forgot who they voted for" since we were speculating and all that.

You're the one that is flipping out over having the ridiculous argument that you now admit you did make being exposed for the complete and utter nonsense it was.

That amuses me.

Greatly

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
If we stick with politics, I'll go with Jimmy Carter. His presidency didn't go well, but he is a tremendous human being.

Celebrities, I'll take Keaunu Reeves, not because I'm a particular fan of his work, but from all accounts he seems to be a really genuine and decent person, which is pretty rare in his world.
Worst president. Best ex president. His work as ex president far exceeds his failures as president

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I like how you went back and added your second and third lines after I quoted you verbatim and in entirety and admitted that you had made an an argument and done more than "simply posted the article".

I also like you are trying to paint this as me as the one "flipping out" when all I did was quote the same article you posted and pointed out that "maybe" it was something other than "they forgot who they voted for" since we were speculating and all that.

You're the one that is flipping out over having the ridiculous argument that you now admit you did make being exposed for the complete and utter nonsense it was.

That amuses me.

Greatly
Roughly half the population voted for Trump, the other half for Biden. The results of the poll aren't surprising.

What's amusing is to watch people like you get worked up about it.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Roughly half the population voted for Trump, the other half for Biden. The results of the poll aren't surprising.

What's amusing is to watch people like you get worked up about it.
:facepalm:

Worked up about it.:blink:

Lol.

Sure thing.

Derp.:derp:

Last edited:

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Ok this will be fun.......

Who is your most admired American public figure......can be athlete author politician etc etc.....but they must be known don’t say “my dad” or something like that......go
1. Edward Snowden
2. Justin Amash
3. RJ Scaringe (Founder of Rivian)
4. Tristan Harris (Social Dilemma)

Mar 11, 2006
Actually heard her speak in a setting of about 150-200 people before it came out that Theranos has serious issues. I have to admit I found it very interesting.

One person there was a significant investor and he spoke as well. Although I know that investor is still rich, his pocketbook is much lighter now.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Actually heard her speak in a setting of about 150-200 people before it came out that Theranos has serious issues. I have to admit I found it very interesting.
One person there was a significant investor and he spoke as well. Although I know that investor is still rich, his pocketbook is much lighter now.
Yep. Most people we list here will eventually let us down.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Okay I'm breaking the rules @Donnyboy set because I like to talk about my freakishly smart cousin.

My cousin blasted through school with all A's taking every advanced thing he could. When he took the MCAT to get into med school he scored one of the highest scores in Texas history. It was high enough the made him take it again for fear he cheated. He went on to be chief of staff at OU medical.

He used to compete in chess tournaments, and from what I understand, did pretty well. When PC's hit the market he bought one to challenge his chess skills, but he beat it too easily so he taught himself computer programming so he could write his own programs to make the computer more competitive in chess.

I won't play him in trivial pursuit because it's a make it, take it, kind of game so I just sit there and watch him run the table on me.

On top of all this he's extremely funny, and down to earth. I don't think he even cares about his income and they still live in the same dumpy little house he bought when he was in med school. Oh and we like to joke that he's only had 2 jobs in his life, he worked at Braums and he is a medical Dr. His brothers say he got fired from Braums because he moved too slow. I think that part is a little embellished.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What argument did I make? I just simply posted the article.
No....you did not "simply posted the article".

You selectively quoted said article.

Then posted.....

The poll was taken between December 1st and December 17th, 2020.

Maybe people forgot who they voted for?
Which was clearly and obviously a reference to the Presidential election and an implication that the results reflect an inconsistency between the two matters.

I then pointed out that there is no inconsistency between those two.....using the article that you posted and selective quoted to paint a full picture no disclosed by your selective quotation.

To which you broke out the old say of Trump deifiers everywhere that anyone that has anything negative to say about the President suffers some type of derangement.....as if anyone that has any criticism of their Beloved Leader must be crazy.

I am in no way deranged by Trump or his actions while President.

Some of them I agreed with. Some of them I didn't. Some I thought were a decent enough idea to pursue. Some I though were incredibly dumb. Pretty much just like every other President we've had since I've been voting. He's just another average, self-serving, politician who cares more about staying in office than anything else. Nothing extraordinary about him in the slightest....for good or for ill.

And he's on his way out the door after by all accounts and actual admissible evidence was a free, fair, and open election.
I think he means, more like, why isn't Biden on there since he got so many "more" votes than Trump. If so many people like him you'd think he'd be higher than Trump. So "maybe they forgot who they voted for", could be about Biden supporters.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk