America Wants Border Security!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
There was a story published yesterday of a multi generational farmer on the Texas border who said he wouldn't give the Fed any easement for the wall even if they offered him $1 trillion for it
that's why this has to be done through the government (not through go fund me), because the government has the right to confiscate your property. My advice, if they actually offer you something, then take it.

Government authority has already been granted, we just need the government to allocate the funds and complete the process, even if that is through Executive Authority

Jul 20, 2018
And you think a $6 billion wall is going to fix this problem?
My opinion matters very little. I've spent very little time on our southern border. The opinion of those people protecting us everyday matters most to me. They believe a wall will help with the fight. I'm not sure how a wall couldn't help. I can't think of one highly secured facility that doesn't have a barrier preventing entrance.

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
There was a story published yesterday of a multi generational farmer on the Texas border who said he wouldn't give the Fed any easement for the wall even if they offered him $1 trillion for it
That's how I felt about a ROW across my farm in Lincoln County........ OG&E and eminent domain settled the issue. Life goes on.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
As I've stated before you'll find those on the border for it and some against it. My experience though for those that I know who live/raised at or near the border support a wall.

What are the odds he'll take $1T dollars?

And who was it?

I've started asking that question because (in the work I do) I hear comments like that often and then when you ask for a name you get responses like...

"there are a lot of them"
"don't remember their name"
etc.

But seldom do I acutally ever get a name, which leads one to believe it simply isn't true.

Not saying your's isn't true as I've mentioned before there are those on both sides of the issue who live on the border. But in this discussion there are a lot of things said and repeated with no supporting facts that its true.
Eloisa Cavazos...and it is a woman..not a man. the man pictured in the story who said he would fight Govt Easement is a pastor named Roy Snipes who owns a church on the Rio Grande called La Lomita Chapel

They both said they would reject any buy out offers from the Feds and would take them to court

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
The avg immigration judge has a 150 year back log of deportation cases right now to hear and process.

Hire more immigration judges until you can process deportation cases to a matter of weeks or no more than 2 months.

This clears the detention of immigrants at over crowded border detention centers. Process deportations which are a mandatory 3 year min before trying for re-entry and illegal immigrants are not forced to be released into the US free to roam with a court date they are supposed to appear for their trial.
Hire more judges? If there is 150 year back log. How many judges are doing it now?
Exactly how many judges would be needed to make it 2 months? They would require salary, buildings, and staff. What is the cost for that? How many people can our country support? You do understand the extreme population gain we have had over the last few years? It seems that if you lessen the amount of people it would be more economical.

Jul 20, 2018
Hire more judges? If there is 150 year back log. How many judges are doing it now?
Exactly how many judges would be needed to make it 2 months? They would require salary, buildings, and staff. What is the cost for that? How many people can our country support? You do understand the extreme population gain we have had over the last few years? It seems that if you lessen the amount of people it would be more economical.
We've gone through this before. There aren't enough judges in the U.S. to handle this backlog. I'm not sure why it has to be a judge that tells an illegal to get the hell out of our country.

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
It's simply a tactic to get more money. It won't work.
Actually it might. We refused initial offers and were condemned with proceedings in court begun on our right of way issue and prior to the first hearing they offered four times the going rate.

Holding out can mean a larger payout, potentially.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The Fed currently have 394 Immigration Judges across 62 Federal immigration courthouses.
7 court houses in California, 10 in Texas, 4 in Arizona and 1 in New Mexico.

22 of the 72 immigration courts are located in states which share a border with Mexico

155 of the 394 Immigration judges in the US work in these 22 courthouses. 40% of the judges are working in 30% of the facilities we pay for.

The Feds also have 3294 Federal judges who do not hear immigration cases..of which we pay salary, buildings, staff etc to be there.

Seems we might be able to find a better balance, trim the standard Federal Judges list a bit and hire additional Immigration judges..

and maybe...just maybe close a few immigration court houses in states or areas like Utah, Tennessee, Puerto Rico, Ohio, Northern Mariana Islands, New Jersey, Nebraska, Missouri, Kentucky, Hawaii, Georgia, and Colorado and shift some of those resources closer to our border areas to cut down on transportation cost of immigrants to these locations for trial and speed up the deportation process so there isn't a need to release these people into the US with a court date and hope they will show up for it

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
The Fed currently have 394 Immigration Judges across 62 Federal immigration courthouses.

22 of the 72 courts are located in states which share a border with Mexico

155 of the 394 Immigration judges in the US work in these 21 courthouses. 40% of the judges are working in 30% of the facilities we pay for.

The Feds also have 3294 Federal judges who do not hear immigration cases..of which we pay salary, buildings, staff etc to be there.

Seems we might be able to find a better balance, trim the standard Federal Judges list a bit and hire additional Immigration judges..

and maybe...just maybe close a few immigration court houses in states or areas like Utah, Tennessee, Puerto Rico, Ohio, Northern Mariana Islands, New Jersey, Nebraska, Missouri, Kentucky, Hawaii, Georgia, and Colorado and shift some of those resources closer to our border areas to cut down on transportation cost of immigrants to these locations for trial.
I think you would have a hard time reallocating a already back logged court system as a whole. You would have to add judges in my opinion. There would be a lot of costs to that, in the grand scheme of things. If you decrease illegal immigration, you would not have this near the issue.

Jul 20, 2018

22 of the 72 immigration courts are located in states which share a border with Mexico

155 of the 394 Immigration judges in the US work in these 22 courthouses. 40% of the judges are working in 30% of the facilities we pay for.

and maybe...just maybe close a few immigration court houses in states or areas like Utah, Tennessee, Puerto Rico, Ohio, Northern Mariana Islands, New Jersey, Nebraska, Missouri, Kentucky, Hawaii, Georgia, and Colorado and shift some of those resources closer to our border areas to cut down on transportation cost of immigrants to these locations for trial and speed up the deportation process so there isn't a need to release these people into the US with a court date and hope they will show up for it
If you took all of those judges and put them to work on immigration only, we'd still have a 15 year plus backlog. We need to set a limit for hearings and these people can go back home and wait their turn like everyone else in the rest of the world does. Jumping the line is unfair.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I think you would have a hard time reallocating a already back logged court system as a whole. You would have to add judges in my opinion. There would be a lot of costs to that, in the grand scheme of things. If you decrease illegal immigration, you would not have this near the issue.
Illegal immigration arrest have decreased from 1.6 million in 2000 to 403K in 2018. it is currently at a 17 year low yet the back log has increased.

So decreasing illegal immigration has NOT eased the back log.

What has happened? Since 2002 the number of Asylum cases has increased by 1700% which Federal Immigration judges must hear as well as cases and it requires a lot more detail and investigation and stretches out court case length

Jul 20, 2018
Illegal immigration arrest have decreased from 1.6 million in 2000 to 403K in 2018. it is currently at a 17 year low yet the back log has increased.

What has happened? Since 2002 the number of Asylum cases has increased by 1700% which Federal Immigration judges must hear as well as cases and it requires a lot more detail and investigation and stretches out court case length
And 80% of those people seeking asylum are doing so fraudulently. http://checkyourfact.com/2018/06/29/fact-check-80-percent-asylum/

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
If you took all of those judges and put them to work on immigration only, we'd still have a 15 year plus backlog. We need to set a limit for hearings and these people can go back home and wait their turn like everyone else in the rest of the world does. Jumping the line is unfair.
IMHO this is the broken parts of Immigration.

1. Lack of Judges to process the workload and backlog
2. Law that says immigrants are released into the US pending their Hearing.

Change the law to kick them out to their own country while still awaiting Trial, Hire more judges to speed up the process and clear back log (ps. you don't have to keep them forever).

However, you won't hear this out of any Dem or Rep in Washington because it is a realistic approach to the problem that doesn't score any points for them politically

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond

Let's be honest here. The arrests have gone down because they have changed their strategy to asylum. Also arrests have gone down because the previous administration, tied the boarder patrols hands. He took away over time. So this could be a reason the arrests went down.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Let's be honest here. The arrests have gone down because they have changed their strategy to asylum. Also arrests have gone down because the previous administration, tied the boarder patrols hands. He took away over time. So this could be a reason the arrests went down.
During Trump's admin so far.....fewer border arrest have occurred in Trump's 2 years than 2 of the last 3 years of Obama's second term. Are you saying Trump still has the border patrol hands tied?

1547233561047.png

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
and according to Trump yesterday...the border patrol under him have arrested more people at the border since he has been in office than any other time in our history...which is just flat out a lie

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1083468751880835072