America is falling out of love with billionaires, and it’s about time

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
I'm still trying to figure out which billionaires I was supposed to have been in love with? I can't think of any except Boone for giving us a nice football stadium and lots of buildings and endowments.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
And why shouldn't we all participate in the income gains that have occurred over the past several decades?
Had everyone had an increase in income as was previously the case and not only the highest few percent, then people might be more willing to participate.
Concentrating the economic gains but collectivizing the economic costs is not sustainable. This is not an "envy" thing as people patronizingly try to make it out to be. I'm in the 95th percentile, I am personally fine. But, I have concerns for the condition of our nation if this continues and concerns for the methods that government will finally choose when it becomes so painfully obvious that it needs to be looked at. Calling this data just envy is far too simplistic.
this has nothing to do with anything. It is simply greed and envy.

America offers equal opportunity, not promising equal outcome.

Nonsense like this disassociates risk and reward.... with great risk comes great reward.

many people of great wealth actually provided something (a service or a product) ... something that many people wanted and/or needed, and those risk takers were rewarded handsomely.

Everybody has an opportunity to better their position in life - listing envy charts like this serve no useful purpose.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
Kind of unrelated, but since the term is used constantly on this board I just wanted to note that greed and envy was also likely a motivator for at least a few of those in the 95th percentile. For example, a brand new $400K Ferrari recently showed up in the parking lot at my office. Some will get pissed about it while others will look at it and say 'why not me?'

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Kind of unrelated, but since the term is used constantly on this board I just wanted to note that greed and envy was also likely a motivator for at least a few of those in the 95th percentile. For example, a brand new $400K Ferrari recently showed up in the parking lot at my office. Some will get pissed about it while others will look at it and say 'why not me?'
yep... don't bring it if you don't have enough for the whole class....