America is falling out of love with billionaires, and it’s about time

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
America is NOT falling out of love with billionaires.... the left simply hates anybody that is successful.

come on man, we have to click on a freaking article from the Democratic Times of LA?

that moron Michael Hiltzik is about as liberal as a biased person can be...

Longtime Los Angeles Times reporter-turned-business columnist Michael Hiltzik let his liberal flag fly on the front of Sunday's Business section.
Unhinged Journalist's Conspiracy: Is United Debacle a ‘Distraction’ From Trump?

Larry Elder debates Liberal Bias at the L.A. Times and Minimum Wage Debates ~ Michael Hiltzik & David Neumark
https://www.mrctv.org/videos/liberal-bias-la-times-and-minimum-wage-debates-michael-hiltzik-david-neumark

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
My suggestion for change to title thread:

“Liberals now more envious and greedy”

“Leftists don’t mind stealing from others”

“Work ethic not important. Free stuff is”

“I want free stuff”

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If billionaires spend money influencing an entire political party into hating rich people, some voters might suspect they have ulterior motives and that just maybe, giving more power to the government is just what these billionaires want.....other voters on the other hand are sheep who will simply toe the party line with slogans like "fair share" and "income inequality".

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
There are 18 people in the world who have given more than a billion dollars to charity, 12 of them are Americans. Top 5 most charitable people in the world:

1549337551467.png

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
My suggestion for change to title thread:

“Liberals now more envious and greedy”

“Leftists don’t mind stealing from others”

“Work ethic not important. Free stuff is”

“I want free stuff”
The fact of the matter is when people want bigger and bigger government they are going to have to pay for it somehow. It sure as hell isn't free. Only a profound, ignorant fool would think such a thing. At the local level in Oklahoma City, leading Republicans always think up a new government project, in order to get people to keep renewing the MAPS city sales tax. I bet Oklahoma City Republicans think their new street cars are sure cute. Oklahoma City has to keep up with the Jones. At the state level in California, they keep government big by giving wealthy the biggest state income tax in percentage. Contrast that to Oklahoma tax brackets. They look like they were formulated in 1907.

Once again, money has to come from somewhere to support bigger government. If people don't want it, then they need to quit supporting it.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
America is NOT falling out of love with billionaires.... the left simply hates anybody that is successful.

come on man, we have to click on a freaking article from the Democratic Times of LA?

that moron Michael Hiltzik is about as liberal as a biased person can be...

Longtime Los Angeles Times reporter-turned-business columnist Michael Hiltzik let his liberal flag fly on the front of Sunday's Business section.
Unhinged Journalist's Conspiracy: Is United Debacle a ‘Distraction’ From Trump?

Larry Elder debates Liberal Bias at the L.A. Times and Minimum Wage Debates ~ Michael Hiltzik & David Neumark
https://www.mrctv.org/videos/liberal-bias-la-times-and-minimum-wage-debates-michael-hiltzik-david-neumark
LOL, the above article is dated April 13, 2017. And what LA Times editorial board wrote of Trump is extremely true now:

"Why we took a stand on Trump

Even though we’re only 11 weeks into the Trump presidency, there is good reason to believe that rather than grow into the job, he’ll remain the man he was on the campaign trail — impulsive, untruthful, narcissistic, ignorant of the limits on presidential power and woefully unprepared to wield it. Rather than wait until the public grew inured to the lies, the undermining of democratic institutions, the demagoguery and bluster, we decided to lay out our concerns at length and in detail."

Meanwhile, if raising the minimum wage is so wrong and liberal, then why do most Americans favor it?

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
LOL, the above article is dated April 13, 2017. And what LA Times editorial board wrote of Trump is extremely true now:

Even though we’re only 11 weeks into the Trump presidency, there is good reason to believe that rather than grow into the job, he’ll remain the man he was on the campaign trail — impulsive, untruthful, narcissistic, ignorant of the limits on presidential power and woefully unprepared to wield it. Rather than wait until the public grew inured to the lies, the undermining of democratic institutions, the demagoguery and bluster, we decided to lay out our concerns at length and in detail."

Meanwhile, if raising the minimum wage is so wrong and liberal, then why do most Americans favor it?
LOL at the LA Times accusing Trump of the things of which they are the most guilty.

Hilarious to see someone use the Los Angeles effing Times as the beacon of gospel and truth.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
LOL at the LA Times accusing Trump of the things of which they are the most guilty.

Hilarious to see someone use the Los Angeles effing Times as the beacon of gospel and truth.
I don't. The article said of the times:

"The Times editorial board is a group of nine men and women that functions like an independent newsroom within the newspaper, metaphorically walled off from the news reporters. Unlike those reporters, whose job is to write objectively and dispassionately about the news, our job is to write opinion."

So I hope you and other conservatives who watch Fox News can distinquish between the hard news part and the highly opinionated shows, such as when Sean Hannity begins his show with his rant.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
I don't. The article said of the times:

"The Times editorial board is a group of nine men and women that functions like an independent newsroom within the newspaper, metaphorically walled off from the news reporters. Unlike those reporters, whose job is to write objectively and dispassionately about the news, our job is to write opinion."

So I hope you and other conservatives who watch Fox News can distinquish between the hard news part and the highly opinionated shows, such as when Sean Hannity begins his show with his rant.
The assumptions you continue to spout on this board make you seem very small-minded.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
The fact of the matter is when people want bigger and bigger government they are going to have to pay for it somehow. It sure as hell isn't free. Only a profound, ignorant fool would think such a thing. At the local level in Oklahoma City, leading Republicans always think up a new government project, in order to get people to keep renewing the MAPS city sales tax. I bet Oklahoma City Republicans think their new street cars are sure cute. Oklahoma City has to keep up with the Jones. At the state level in California, they keep government big by giving wealthy the biggest state income tax in percentage. Contrast that to Oklahoma tax brackets. They look like they were formulated in 1907.

Once again, money has to come from somewhere to support bigger government. If people don't want it, then they need to quit supporting it.
"people" do not want bigger and bigger government, the Democratic politicians want that. It's called control.

most people would likely prefer to know exactly what their taxes are going for.... not to whom.

and once again... we're talking about the FEDERAL government and their unconstitutional tyranny ... not State's that should govern themselves as their citizens see fit.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

the guy is a hack that became a "contributor"... doesn't matter when he wrote that nonsense.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Exactly how does punishing billionaires help me?
Use the money to build that wall.
I mean, billionaires have more to protect, right?
The 540 billionaires with 2.4 trillion in wealth could easily afford a few million each.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Use the money to build that wall.
I mean, billionaires have more to protect, right?
The 540 billionaires with 2.4 trillion in wealth could easily afford a few million each.
but why shouldn't we all participate in securing our safety?

This is the equivalent of spending 10 cents to protect $100 (GDP). If it works then we protected our wealth, if it doesn't work then we still have $99.90, and a wall.