Amazon Aborts NYC

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Electing idiots has real world consequences for the people you are suppose to be supporting. AOC and her ilk are going to literally be the death nail to the American coffin if we allow them to continue unchecked.

Aug 16, 2012
Listen, I will push my way to the front to make fun of AOC, but guys, this is NOT her district. The Amazon site is in the 12th CD whose rep is Carolyn Maloney since 2013. AOC's 15th would have residual impact, but the site itself is not in her district. The ruckus being made is not at the state or national level, it is at the local level, spearheaded by State Senator Mike Gianaris who is now part of the Public Authorities Control Board which has the power to veto the deal at any time, and local Councilman Jimmy Van Bramer. From all I can read, Amazon came in and has constantly demanded more, more, more of the region. In lieu of taxes, they want to establish a fund to which Amazon determines what projects will be completed with the funds, not the local governments, who were, by the way, intentionally and even forcefully omitted from all discussion between NYC and the state with Amazon. AOC's involvement was little to none other than her constant rhetoric about corporate greed, but the press is trying its damndest to credit her with the decision.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Listen, I will push my way to the front to make fun of AOC, but guys, this is NOT her district. The Amazon site is in the 12th CD whose rep is Carolyn Maloney since 2013. AOC's 15th would have residual impact, but the site itself is not in her district. The ruckus being made is not at the state or national level, it is at the local level, spearheaded by State Senator Mike Gianaris who is now part of the Public Authorities Control Board which has the power to veto the deal at any time, and local Councilman Jimmy Van Bramer. From all I can read, Amazon came in and has constantly demanded more, more, more of the region. In lieu of taxes, they want to establish a fund to which Amazon determines what projects will be completed with the funds, not the local governments, who were, by the way, intentionally and even forcefully omitted from all discussion between NYC and the state with Amazon. AOC's involvement was little to none other than her constant rhetoric about corporate greed, but the press is trying its damndest to credit her with the decision.

okstate987

Special Teams Coach
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
A Galaxy Far, Far Away
Amazon got over two billion in incentives to come there in the first place and then wanted more. I like Amazon, but this is pretty damn greedy.

Oct 7, 2008
Have you not yet learned that given the choice between intelligent discussion, and blaming everything on liberals, this board will choose blaming everything on liberals every. single. time.

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Have you not yet learned that given the choice between intelligent discussion, and blaming everything on conservatives, people on this board will choose blaming everything on conservatives every. single. time?

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Have you met 90% of this board?
I' say more like 80%.

But on another note Cuomo ranting against Ocasio-Cortez and her hyper-anti-capitalist ilk, as well as the Jewish wing of the Democrat party in a tizzy over Omar and Tlaib makes me weep tears of joy to watch the party possibly beginning to tear itself apart from within. The GOP sure seems incapable and unwilling to do the job.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Amazon got over two billion in incentives to come there in the first place and then wanted more. I like Amazon, but this is pretty damn greedy.
$2 Billion? That’s 75 miles of border wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk