Al Qaeda Losing Ground with Iraq Public

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 5, 2006
KMAF
shhhh... don't tell Nobama that we're actually winning... he still wants to cut and run leaving our Iraqi friends behind in a blood bath.
You seriously believe we are winning? We've beat back Al Qaeda in recent months, I'll give you that. There is no reason to believe that they will not recruit more and more foreign insurgents and continue to attack U.S. forces. If you think we are winning take a close look at Muqtada al-Sadr, the Mahdi Army, and the cultural, military, not to mention political influence they wield. If we are winning, why can't we stop Iran from sending weapons into the country?

The Iraqi's are creating the blood bath, they are killing each other. No occupying force of non-Muslims is going to stop a religious war that has been raging long before our non-justified invasion of their sovereign nation.

May 26, 2005
Wacko
shhhh... don't tell Nobama that we're actually winning... he still wants to cut and run leaving our Iraqi friends behind in a blood bath.
You do realize that the reason Obama wants to leave is exactly because the Iraqis have turned against al Qaeda, right? Without al Qaeda using Iraq as a base, there's two kinds of violence happening in Iraq: a civil war and anti-Coalition violence. If the Coalition leaves, the anti-Coalition violence will cease, and if the civil war continues, however troubling that is, we don't have any business getting in the middle of it. The bottom line is that the Iraqis aren't going to do anything until they have to. They are more than happy to let the United States do their dirty work for them. But Iraqis are educated, self-reliant, and if we leave, they'll figure it out--just like they did after the British left decades ago.

There are 15 brigades in Iraq currently. It would take approximately one month for one brigade to leave the country. That means it will take 15 months from whenever such a decision was made to leave for the US presence to be totally gone from Iraq. That gives the Iraqis more than enough time to get their act together.

Things are getting shaky enough in Afghanistan that we almost can't afford NOT to move troops out of Iraq and focus on the real front lines of the war on terror. I've been very worried about what's going on in Afghanistan and Pakistan for several months now, but I'm currently reading Ahmed Rashid's new book, Descent Into Chaos and what Rashid has to say will positively scare the crap out of you.

Pokefan

Territorial Marshal
Aug 3, 2004
Between Pryor and Adair on Beautiful Lake Hudson
Football Goddess, I just read on MSNBC this morning where the Deaths of US Soldiers in Afghanistan exceeded those In Iraq for the first time in a very long time. The statements by the US General in Afghanistan was to the effect of the war is spreading to places that provide a safer haven for Al-Qaeda. Such as Pakistan and Afghanistan. We are not winning per se, they (Al-Qaeda) are just moving the battlefield to where they have more of an advantage.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
You seriously believe we are winning?

It is a fact. There is no real debate about it.

For every liberal non-factual story about us not succeeding, I can give you 15 articles and real-life on the ground stories that PROVE that we are succeeding.

15 months... 15 years, what does it matter. We either fight them there or fight them here... running away will not resolve the conflict that has been waged against the US (and other infidels) since 1785.

Thomas Jefferson created the Marines to defeat the Muslims in Tripoli when they were attacking US merchant ships, taking US prisoners as slaves and forcing the US to pay "tribute" to the tune of 10% of our National budget.

This issue is not going to go away simply by retreating back to our borders.

We have been attacked repeatedly for the past 30 years, by Iran (Carter), by the "Palistinians" (baracks under Regean), under Bush 41, under Carter (USS Cole, World Trade Center, US Embasies), and under Bush 43 (911).

The attacks and the intensity has only increased over the past decades, and it will not ever go away until it is defeated.

Iraq is not about Iraq, and folks need to open their eyes to what is really happening on the World level, and quit listenting to the liberal talking points that are nothing more than propaganda designed to get them re-elected.

Feb 7, 2007
It is a fact. There is no real debate about it.

For every liberal non-factual story about us not succeeding, I can give you 15 articles and real-life on the ground stories that PROVE that we are succeeding.

15 months... 15 years, what does it matter. We either fight them there or fight them here... running away will not resolve the conflict that has been waged against the US (and other infidels) since 1785.

Thomas Jefferson created the Marines to defeat the Muslims in Tripoli when they were attacking US merchant ships, taking US prisoners as slaves and forcing the US to pay "tribute" to the tune of 10% of our National budget.

This issue is not going to go away simply by retreating back to our borders.

We have been attacked repeatedly for the past 30 years, by Iran (Carter), by the "Palistinians" (baracks under Regean), under Bush 41, under Carter (USS Cole, World Trade Center, US Embasies), and under Bush 43 (911).

The attacks and the intensity has only increased over the past decades, and it will not ever go away until it is defeated.

Iraq is not about Iraq, and folks need to open their eyes to what is really happening on the World level, and quit listenting to the liberal talking points that are nothing more than propaganda designed to get them re-elected.
15 months or 15 years what does it matter? Are you insane? I got news for you, our country can't financially afford much more warring. Look at all the great empires in history, they all failed because of financial reasons. We are heading down that same route with our current foreign policy. It is destroying our country.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
When are we going to invade Saudi Arabia, as 15 of the 9/11 hijackers were from there?
Ha, ha, ha, very funny. The key word is FROM, as in Bin Lauden is FROM Saudia Arabia, but no one would consider him to represent the Saudies or their government.

The Shoe bomber was from the US, and that other Al Quada guy is from the US Northwest, when are we going to invade ourselves...:rolleyes:

The Saudies are in fact helping to control and limit the activities of the extremists, but I'm sure you knew that and were just being cute.

Feb 7, 2007
Ha, ha, ha, very funny. The key word is FROM, as in Bin Lauden is FROM Saudia Arabia, but no one would consider him to represent the Saudies or their government.

The Shoe bomber was from the US, and that other Al Quada guy is from the US Northwest, when are we going to invade ourselves...:rolleyes:

The Saudies are in fact helping to control and limit the activities of the extremists, but I'm sure you knew that and were just being cute.
Remind me where Timothy McVeigh is from again? We need to declare war on that place and that will instantly eradicate all the evil in the world. I bet there's tons of assholes from there that think just like him, just waiting to blow up another building. They must be eradicated.

Sep 5, 2006
KMAF

Someone who cannot spell Bin Laden, Saudi, or Al Qaeda correctly doesn't exactly come off as extremely credible.

Why dont you tell that to the thousands of soldiers that died over there, and their loved ones they left behind...yep, the war was a farce. Wake up, and stop making ignorant statements.
What did they die for? Was it to protect the United States of America? Tell me exactly. I'm sure the families of those thousands of soldiers, not to mention families of numerous American civilians that have been killed, would love to know why their loved ones are gone. What exactly they were fighting for.

How long before you people start claiming that we were winning in Vietnam?

Nov 12, 2007
Fayetteville, AR
What did they die for? Was it to protect the United States of America? Tell me exactly. I'm sure the families of those thousands of soldiers, not to mention families of numerous American civilians that have been killed, would love to know why their loved ones are gone. What exactly they were fighting for.

How long before you people start claiming that we were winning in Vietnam?
I find it so funny that you act like you care so much about what happens to our soldiers when in another thread you openly said that you had an "agenda" against the military. I'd love to go back and find it for you just in case you forgot.

Feb 7, 2007
Why dont you tell that to the thousands of soldiers that died over there, and their loved ones they left behind...yep, the war was a farce. Wake up, and stop making ignorant statements.
Your problem is you misinterpret my criticism of the government for being unsupportive of our soldiers. How do you show more love for the soldiers than wanting them out of harms way? The US death toll is over 4000 casualties, the Iraqi death toll is in the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS. Do you think it's now possible that we have even further enraged OTHER people in the middle east?

Can you connect the dots here? They do not like our occupation of their holy land and stealing their sole valuable resource. Killing their friends and family is only further enraging these people who are so insensed that they are willing to go on suicide missions to get us back. They don't have the resources we have so have that is all they can do.

Do you honestly believe some group like Al-Qaeda can somehow take down the US?

Nov 12, 2007
Fayetteville, AR
Your problem is you misinterpret my criticism of the government for being unsupportive of our soldiers. How do you show more love for the soldiers than wanting them out of harms way? The US death toll is over 4000 casualties, the Iraqi death toll is in the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS. Do you think it's now possible that we have even further enraged OTHER people in the middle east?

Can you connect the dots here? They do not like our occupation of their holy land and stealing their sole valuable resource. Killing their friends and family is only further enraging these people who are so insensed that they are willing to go on suicide missions to get us back. They don't have the resources we have so have that is all they can do.

Do you honestly believe some group like Al-Qaeda can somehow take down the US?
I think EVERYONE wants our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan home. Nobody likes war, I sure as hell dont. But at the same time I see the need for it. I see that things in Iraq are going drastically better. US casualties are down to an all time low, and civilian deaths are also down. I would love to see everthing turned over to the Iraqi government, and let them take control and continue to make the incredible progress they are making. From what I hear, and what I read though, it is not quite that time.

Regardless if Al-Qaeda as the potential to take us down or not, they sure crippled the hell out of us and put us on edge for many, many years. Do you think we should ignore that threat?

Sep 5, 2006
KMAF
I find it so funny that you act like you care so much about what happens to our soldiers when in another thread you openly said that you had an "agenda" against the military. I'd love to go back and find it for you just in case you forgot.
I find it funny how you sidestep my questions to take a personal swipe at me based on a two sentence post I made several months ago.

I have this little thing called a conscience that forces me to 'act like I care so much' about every human being, soldier or not. My conscience, based on reason and fact, tells me that the situation would be better for everyone if we left Iraq.

As for my opinions on the military, that is something different completely. For you to imply that I want our soldiers to die is nothing short of asinine and I believe you have sorely misjudged my character.

We've spent nearly a trillion dollars on a war based on lies. It's inconceivable how some of you still support it.

Nov 12, 2007
Fayetteville, AR
This is what I find most humorous. Insurgents are walking into anyone where there is a large civilian population...markets, funerals, weddings...and blowing themselves up. Our soldiers are not killing these people intentionally, and for you to even insinuate that and not hold the insurgents responsible for the havoc they are causing these people is disgusting. You making statements like that is a gross misinterpretation of our military.

Nov 12, 2007
Fayetteville, AR
I find it funny how you sidestep my questions to take a personal swipe at me based on a two sentence post I made several months ago.

I have this little thing called a conscience that forces me to 'act like I care so much' about every human being, soldier or not. My conscience, based on reason and fact, tells me that the situation would be better for everyone if we left Iraq.

As for my opinions on the military, that is something different completely. For you to imply that I want our soldiers to die is nothing short of asinine and I believe you have sorely misjudged my character.
Every war our military fights in is to protect the American people and our way of life. This is so rather you'd like to admit so or not. Al Qaeda attacked us on 911, and then chose to set up shop in Iraq after we invaded. Did everything go perfect in Iraq? Absolutely not. I think many changes could have been made do to the war handling.

How is your opinion about the military completely different? Is our military not fighting in Iraq, and Afghanistan? This has everything to do with our troops.

I never implyed that you wanted our soldiers to die. I dont believe anyone wants that. I was just bringing up the fact that you said you had an agenda against the military.

Feb 7, 2007
I think EVERYONE wants our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan home. Nobody likes war, I sure as hell dont. But at the same time I see the need for it. I see that things in Iraq are going drastically better. US casualties are down to an all time low, and civilian deaths are also down. I would love to see everthing turned over to the Iraqi government, and let them take control and continue to make the incredible progress they are making. From what I hear, and what I read though, it is not quite that time.

Regardless if Al-Qaeda as the potential to take us down or not, they sure crippled the hell out of us and put us on edge for many, many years. Do you think we should ignore that threat?
Al-Qaeda didn't cripple us, we crippled ourselves. I'm sure they, in their wildest dreams never imagined we would have taken it this far. In their minds, they have already won.

I understand our initial knee jerk reaction and I think we were justified for bombing Afghanistan as it was a true hotbed for terrorism. Somehow that manifested into a 7 year war in Iraq that John McCain wants to extend for another 100 years. And don't forget, we keep trying these false flag, Gulf of Tonkin type incidents to justify a war with Iran.

It is insane.