Age of Ultron

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Haven't seen a thread on this. Saw it over the weekend and liked it. It is what big budget movies have become....more about effects than acting. But it was still entertaining. And the acting was good in parts as well. Spader is great as the voice of Ultron. I've always thought Bettany (sp?) was a good actor but he just didn't seem right as Vision to me for some reason. Maybe he'll prove me wrong in future movies.

I like how the Avengers franchise has moved in a more or less continuous story revolving around the main characters and apparently the end of this movie sets up the coming movie "Civil War" perfectly. (VERY minor spoliers ahead) I also noticed that Thor mentions four infinity stones being found lately which would have to include the one from Guardians of the Galaxy. I thought that was a nice touch.

I also read in an article yesterday that at the beginning of the movie just after the Marvel logo if you look closely you can see a shadow of Ant Man as if he's sitting on the ledge near the projector. I saw the movie before I read that and I didn't notice it if true.

Last edited:

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
Haven't seen a thread on this. Saw it over the weekend and liked it. It is what big budget movies have become....more about effects than acting. But it was still entertaining. And the acting was good in parts as well. Spader is great as the voice of Ultron. I've always thought Bettany (sp?) was a good actor but he just didn't seem right as Vision to me for some reason. Maybe he'll prove me wrong in future movies.

I like how the Avengers franchise has moved in a more or less continuous story revolving around the main characters and apparently the end of this movie sets up the coming movie "Civil War" perfectly. (VERY minor spoliers ahead) I also noticed that Thor mentions four infinity stones being found lately which would have to include the one from Guardians of the Galaxy. I thought that was a nice touch.

I also read in an article yesterday that at the beginning of the movie just after the Marvel logo if you look closely you can see a shadow of Ant Man as if he's sitting on the ledge near the projector. I saw the movie before I read that and I didn't notice it if true.
did you watch the after credits scene? its Thanos getting the Infinity Gauntlet
Thanos.jpg

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
did you watch the after credits scene? its Thanos getting the Infinity Gauntlet View attachment 38131
Yes. That sets up the Infiniti Wars at the end of Phase 3.

I'm not faimilar with that story line from the comics but I assume he'll need the infiniti stones for the gauntlet. So far we know one is in Odins Vault, one is with the collector, one is with Nova on Xandar and Vision now has one. That leaves two others. Saw this in another forum about where the four stones have been found so far:

T - Tessaract
H - ???
A - Aether
N - ???
O - Orb
S - Sceptre

Don't know if that is just coincidence or intended but it's pretty cool and makes you wonder where the last two will be found.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yes. That sets up the Infiniti Wars at the end of Phase 3.

I'm not faimilar with that story line from the comics but I assume he'll need the infiniti stones for the gauntlet. So far we know one is in Odins Vault, one is with the collector, one is with Nova on Xandar and Vision now has one. That leaves two others. Saw this in another forum about where the four stones have been found so far:

T - Tessaract
H - ???
A - Aether
N - ???
O - Orb
S - Sceptre

Don't know if that is just coincidence or intended but it's pretty cool and makes you wonder where the last two will be found.
I am betting one is found in the Dr. Strange movie. The Time stone and the Soul stone are the two missing

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
I saw Age of Ultron last night and here's my top list so far.

Iron Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 3
The Avengers
Iron Man 2

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I saw Age of Ultron last night and here's my top list so far.

Iron Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 3
The Avengers
Iron Man 2
YOU'RE CRAZY

It's obviously:

The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man
The Avengers 2
Thor
Captain America
The Hulk
Iron Man 2

Holy crap, Marvel has made a lot of movies. It really stands out when you have to type and rank them

OSUFan

Born to wear orange!
A/V Subscriber
Jul 13, 2007
Stillwater, OK
To each it's own. Here is how I would rank the movies.

Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
The Avengers 2
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man 3
The Hulk

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
YOU'RE CRAZY

It's obviously:

The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man
The Avengers 2
Thor
Captain America
The Hulk
Iron Man 2

Holy crap, Marvel has made a lot of movies. It really stands out when you have to type and rank them
I'm crazy because I have an opinion on the movies that differs from yours? Maybe you're the crazy one sir.

Feb 28, 2007
Edmond
I was dissapointed in the movie. Too many characters, not enough story and too many scences that felt as if they were there just to set up a joke instead of developing the character's story arcs. The whole thing with Thor in the pool was rushed, unexplained and just plain dumb. Also, Hank Pym created The Vision. That was an odd throw-in with the movie. Not saying it's a bad movie but just very dissapointing after such a great first Avengers movie. I'd give it a C or C+.

Feb 28, 2007
Edmond
My rank:

The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
Captain America
The Avengers 2
Iron Man 2
The Hulk
Thor

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I was disappointed in the movie. Too many characters, not enough story and too many scences that felt as if they were there just to set up a joke instead of developing the character's story arcs. The whole thing with Thor in the pool was rushed, unexplained and just plain dumb. Also, Hank Pym created The Vision. That was an odd throw-in with the movie. Not saying it's a bad movie but just very dissapointing after such a great first Avengers movie. I'd give it a C or C+.
The DVD release will have extra footage to explain the pool scene. It has something to do with future storylines. See http://screenrant.com/avengers-age-of-ultron-ending-explained/

There are spoilers in that link.

The creation of Vision was changed to simplify the storyline. The may still be a link to Henry Pym.