After the Disgraced Cohen, Limbaugh Still Stands Firmly Behind Trump

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 20, 2018
It’s funny how the Democrat response to Bill Clinton having affairs and lying about it is now your rallying cry regarding morality.

And your final thought is exactly my point. We both agree that he lies. We both don’t trust him. So are you selling out of your mouth or ass when you say “I don’t trust him but he says he’s going to fix our country so hell yeah I believe him”
Which candidate did you vote for president that was so honest?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
It’s funny how the Democrat response to Bill Clinton having affairs and lying about it is now your rallying cry regarding morality.

And your final thought is exactly my point. We both agree that he lies. We both don’t trust him. So are you selling out of your mouth or ass when you say “I don’t trust him but he says he’s going to fix our country so hell yeah I believe him”
ah noo... we don't agree, let me rephrase that...

Trump lies to cover up his infidelities, and he exaggerates about his accomplishments... I don't trust him to be forthright about issues involving his ego.

I fully trust him to do what is in the best interest of America.

Dec 9, 2013
Yes. The last one specifically, however, I find it hard to believe that any president could live up to your standards of morality.
Didn’t vote for either HRC or Trump.

Your turn. Should we believe Cohen’s testimony from last week before Congress?

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Left it blank. Should we believe Cohen’s testimony before Congress last week?
The guy apparently told several provable lies. But I guarantee you he told some truth too. So I don’t know how anyone can answer your question except to say you have to use your own common sense to judge what was truth and what was lies. And even then you’re just guessing.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
From your frame of reference what drives the Christians you know support for Trump?

2 of my best friends are lead pastors of large churches. Both are two of the most genuine & gracious people I have ever met and I’m blessed to have befriended both. Both voted for Trump and are well versed in my disdain for him. Neither are political from the stage or in their teaching. One no longer supports Trump. The other still does but is increasingly more critical. Abortion was the key reason for one of them & smaller government for the other.
Why did Christians vote for Trump? Thats a very good provocative question...that has me thinking!
But its late so I will answer later...

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
It's funny that of all the things that Trump has been accused of, after two years, we wind up with "he's a liar". Yeah, well guess what, they all are. That is not a justification or a excuse, it's not acceptable, but we basically have two choices, vote for someone who lies, or don't vote. Bill Clinton lied, Bush lied, Obama lied, Trump lies, Gore would've lied, Kerry would've lied, McCain would've lied, Romney would've lied and Hillary would've lied. And whoever sits in the oval office next, is going to lie to us, whether they are an R or a D.

After two years, the Russian collusion investigation is going to show that they could not find one shred of evidence of it. Oh sure, they've managed to charge a lot of people with perjury and obstruction, crimes that came about solely as a result of the investigation. Now the House is going to launch their own investigation because the witch hunt is all they have. Why anybody would believe that the House will uncover anything that the special counsel missed is beyond me, but obviously some do and politicians going to pander.

As for the question of Christians supporting Trump, I'm sure the reasons are as diverse as the people in this country (which is one of the most diverse in the world liberals). I can say that I as a Christian, think he's the more moral option compared to Hillary, and please note that does not make him a moral person by a long shot. And let's not forget that the 2 conservative justices on the supreme court are absolutely HUGE for social and fiscal conservatives alike......as I have alluded to several times, that alone is more than worth the embarrassment we put up with from Trump in the White House. I know both my father and brother, as Christians greatly approve of that, even though they, like me, don't think too highly of the man himself.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
It's funny that of all the things that Trump has been accused of, after two years, we wind up with "he's a liar". Yeah, well guess what, they all are. That is not a justification or a excuse, it's not acceptable, but we basically have two choices, vote for someone who lies, or don't vote. Bill Clinton lied, Bush lied, Obama lied, Trump lies, Gore would've lied, Kerry would've lied, McCain would've lied, Romney would've lied and Hillary would've lied. And whoever sits in the oval office next, is going to lie to us, whether they are an R or a D.

After two years, the Russian collusion investigation is going to show that they could not find one shred of evidence of it. Oh sure, they've managed to charge a lot of people with perjury and obstruction, crimes that came about solely as a result of the investigation. Now the House is going to launch their own investigation because the witch hunt is all they have. Why anybody would believe that the House will uncover anything that the special counsel missed is beyond me, but obviously some do and politicians going to pander.

As for the question of Christians supporting Trump, I'm sure the reasons are as diverse as the people in this country (which is one of the most diverse in the world liberals). I can say that I as a Christian, think he's the more moral option compared to Hillary, and please note that does not make him a moral person by a long shot. And let's not forget that the 2 conservative justices on the supreme court are absolutely HUGE for social and fiscal conservatives alike......as I have alluded to several times, that alone is more than worth the embarrassment we put up with from Trump in the White House. I know both my father and brother, as Christians greatly approve of that, even though they, like me, don't think too highly of the man himself.
I don't recall the Bush lying part... can you refresh my memory (and not the disproved "bush lied people died" nonsense)

I didn't like some of his spending policies, but I don't remember him flat out lying to us about anything (clearly Clinton and Obama were the worst Presidential liars of our lifetimes (unless you were around for Johnson)

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I don't recall the Bush lying part... can you refresh my memory (and not the disproved "bush lied people died" nonsense)

I didn't like some of his spending policies, but I don't remember him flat out lying to us about anything (clearly Clinton and Obama were the worst Presidential liars of our lifetimes (unless you were around for Johnson)
They all lie man. I was just reading something about how Bush lied big time in trying to distance himself from Enron. He tried to portray his relationship with Ken Lay as something that only started when he was governor of Texas and denied knowing him prior to that. When in fact Lay was a close Bush family friend for years, maybe decades and was in particular close with W in the 80s as they did some O&G joint ventures together. Enron was a huge backer of Bush’s campaigns and gave him access to Enron jets to help with his campaigning.

Nov 6, 2010
ah noo... we don't agree, let me rephrase that...

Trump lies to cover up his infidelities, and he exaggerates about his accomplishments... I don't trust him to be forthright about issues involving his ego.

I fully trust him to do what is in the best interest of America.
That sounds pretty gullible to me.

Nov 6, 2010
Gullible? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44kyHOPEZV8

Name one thing Trump has done that wasn't in the best interest of our country.
Not sure what the Obama clip has to do with the subject, I did keep my doctor, but to your actual question, it is an interesting one and I'll try my best to answer. In my view, Trump has been a shameless self-promoter his entire life, and I see nothing to make me think he has suddenly answered a higher calling now.

As far as his actions being in the best interest of the US, I think his actions are in the best interest of the US based on the perceptions of his base, many of which are pro wrestling fans, etc. I know he is popular among his fans for keeping many of his campaign promises, which he has. But if the promises being kept are ones made to a mob of yowling rednecks in Alabama, there is a good chance that action is not in the best interest of the country as a whole.

I know I am not nearly smart or informed enough to predict if his policies will end up being positive or negative, and neither are you. Only time will tell, and even then, there will be disagreements as to the results and causes whatever they may be. The only thing we can ask of our president is that he consume all available information, and make the best decision he can based on that information. I believe we should elect a person with intelligence and character who can make good decisions on our behalf once they have access to all the information that POTUS has access to. I also believe that is why most presidents prior to this one have had a hard time keeping campaign promises, because once they are in office and have access to the information, they find it not wise to move forward with some of the things they espoused on the campaign trail. And that is what concerns me most with Trump. He seems to have no interest in consuming the information made available to him, if reports are true, and I have no reason to doubt them based on his twitter rants.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

THIS! 1000% in agreement! :thumbup: