"afraid they will be exposed" Bruce Ohr wrote Christopher Steele!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
A collection of Justice Department official Bruce Ohr's emails, texts and handwritten notes, reviewed by Fox News, reveals that he was deeply connected to the unverified Steele dossier as well as its author and, during the presidential election campaign, the alleged government surveillance abuses involving a Trump campaign official.

The dossier, which was used by federal officials to justify the surveillance of a top Trump aide, Carter Page, was created by Fusion GPS and paid for by Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Democratic National Committee.

Ohr wrote that Christopher Steele, the ex-British spy who wrote the salacious dossier, was "very concerned (abt) about [former FBI Director James] Comey's firing -- afraid they will be exposed."

The Ohr documents shed more light on Steele's activities before the presidential election. While Steele shopped the dossier to multiple media outlets, he also appeared to ask Ohr for help with a Russian oligarch -- Oleg Deripaska -- after rumors the U.S. might impose sanctions.

Ohr had a conflict of interest during the presidential campaign and transition, congressional investigators say, because his wife Nellie worked for Fusion GPS. Steele, an ex-British spy, was a key source cited by the FBI and Department of Justice to obtain a FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) warrant to monitor Page.

After the FBI dropped Steele as a source in November 2016 over his contacts with the media, the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee found that Steele had maintained contact with government officials by effectively using Ohr as a back channel.

During recent congressional testimony, now-fired FBI agent Peter Strzok confirmed that "the FBI received documents and material from Mr. Ohr."

During closed-door congressional testimony last year, the co-founder of Fusion GPS, Glenn Simpson, claimed he had no contact with Ohr until after the presidential election. But Ohr's work emails conflict with Simpson's testimony, and show contact months earlier.

Ohr's notes also indicate that in December 2016, there was a meeting in Washington, D.C.'s Chinatown between Fusion GPS’ Simpson and Ohr, with Ohr writing, "Glen(n) gave me a memory stick."

Read more.....

More and more it's looking like the real collusion was between certain members of the DOJ, members of the FBI, Clinton Campaign, and foreign spys. What did the Obama Administration know, and when did they know it?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Did the FBI lie to the FISA Court?

FBI told FISA court Steele wasn't source of report used to justify surveilling Trump team, docs show

On four occasions, the FBI told the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance (FISA) court that it "did not believe" former British spy Christopher Steele was the direct source for a Yahoo News article implicating former Trump aide Carter Page in Russian collusion, newly released documents reveal.

Instead, the FBI suggested to the court, the September 2016 article by Michael Isikoff was independent corroboration of the salacious, unverified allegations against Trump in the infamous Steele Dossier. Federal authorities used both the Steele Dossier and Yahoo News article to convince the FISA court to authorize a surveillance warrant for Page.

But London court records show that contrary to the FBI's assessments, Steele briefed Yahoo News and other reporters in the fall of 2016 at the direction of Fusion GPS -- the opposition research firm behind the dossier.

The revelations are contained in heavily-redacted documents released over the weekend after a Freedom of Information lawsuit by the organization Judicial Watch.

The FBI's assessment that Steele was not the direct source of the Yahoo News article is contained in all of the released FISA applications, including a renewal in June 2017.

"The FBI does not believe that Source #1 [Steele] directly provided this information to the identified news organization that published the September 23rd News Article," the FBI states in one of the released FISA documents. "Source #1 told the FBI that he/she only provided this information to the business associate and the FBI."

The documents describe Source #1 as someone "hired by a business associate to conduct research" into Trump's Russia ties -- but do not mention that Fusion GPS was funded by the DNC and Hillary Clinton campaign.

Instead, the documents say only: "The FBI speculates that the identified U.S. person was likely looking for information that could be used to discredit [Trump's] campaign."

Fox News believes that the U.S. person is Glenn Simpson, co-founder of Fusion GPS.

The FBI describes Steele in the documents as "credible" and "reliable," but noted that it suspended its relationship with him in October 2016 because of his "unauthorized disclosures to the press."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...justify-surveilling-trump-team-docs-show.html

And who signed off on the FISA Applications renewels?

None other than Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein!!!

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
How is it possible that every sane person in this country is not screaming at the top of their lungs that we can never allow such abuses of power at the highest levels of our government to occur like this again. Instead we have half the people actively cheering for it. It truly boggles the mind.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

MadMau

Wrangler
Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
This blog post is a LONG but interesting read: https://apelbaum.wordpress.com/2018/03/17/the-mechanics-of-deception/

Hat tip to @MadMau as I found it through the article he provided in Strozk fired from FBI thread.
It's ironic that the advent of the internet and it's many manifestations allow for both the proliferation of "news" and "facts" that the American public might not have otherwise been exposed to and at the same time allows for the dissemination of "lies" and "ideological" red herrings by partisan actors.

It is a double edged sword. One side cuts those who don't employ due diligence when ingesting what they're presented and the other edge cleaves through disinformation and falsehoods for those willing to invest the time to seek out undisclosed or hidden truths. And the topper is that depending on which side of the ideological aisle you're seated, a given story cuts and cleaves so differently. IMO there are few who truly reside in that middle ground of rational and objective analysis these days.

MadMau

Wrangler
Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
But here is the problem.

Rosenstein himself may be guilty of lying to the FISA Court!

This is turning into the classic case of the wolf guarding the hen house!
Or Rosenstein may have been duped.

I've vacillated back and forth as to DAG Rosenstein's involvement in the dossier counter intelligence investigation. I'm currently of a mind that he was kept out of that loop. Even though his actions are argued to be aiding the bogus special counsel investigation, I think it's more that he wants to preserve the reputation of the FBI and DOJ as much as possible, coupled with the fact that there are still partisan actors below him in the food chain who subvert the process. One can argue Rosenstein should take stronger steps to reign in or direct current investigations in a certain way, but I think he's simply too weak and ineffectual to buck the prevailing political winds and make those tough decisions. I'm currently more inclined to believe he's laying low until the ongoing processes take their course. In other words, IMO - regardless of what he truly believes, he's cowering and inept, but not necessarily corrupt.

It may be a pollyannish thought, but I want to believe that Sessions and perhaps even Rosenstein have other forces not well reported in progress (Huber, et al) that are engaged in getting to the bottom of this mess.

Jul 20, 2018

I've vacillated back and forth as to DAG Rosenstein's involvement in the dossier counter intelligence investigation. I'm currently of a mind that he was kept out of that loop. Even though his actions are argued to be aiding the bogus special counsel investigation, I think it's more that he wants to preserve the reputation of the FBI and DOJ as much as possible, coupled with the fact that there are still partisan actors below him in the food chain who subvert the process. One can argue Rosenstein should take stronger steps to reign in or direct current investigations in a certain way, but I think he's simply too weak and ineffectual to buck the prevailing political winds and make those tough decisions. I'm currently more inclined to believe he's laying low until the ongoing processes take their course. In other words, IMO - regardless of what he truly believes, he's cowering and inept, but not necessarily corrupt.

It may be a pollyannish thought, but I want to believe that Sessions and perhaps even Rosenstein have other forces not well reported in progress (Huber, et al) that are engaged in getting to the bottom of this mess.
I'm hopeful you're right, however, his politicizing of the FBI by announcing the indictment of the 10 Russians just prior to Trump's meeting with Putin tells me he's part of the problem.

MadMau

Wrangler
Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
I'm hopeful you're right, however, his politicizing of the FBI by announcing the indictment of the 10 Russians just prior to Trump's meeting with Putin tells me he's part of the problem.
How can he not announce it? We don't know the timing was his decision.

It happened. He has to announce it.

Jul 20, 2018
How can he not announce it? We don't know the timing was his decision.

It happened. He has to announce it.
The FBI knew of the text message Strzok sent to Page about stopping Trump from winning the election and they didn't release it for months and months.

Everything happens for a reason in DC and this was a perfect storm to ruin Trump's meeting with Putin. Rosenstein has done nothing but hinder this investigation. He's just trying to save his own butt.

They're all trying to drag this out until the mid-terms and hope like heck the democrats win so all of these investigations come to a quick halt. Considering the corruption of our intelligence agencies, the democrats will win the house. They'll make sure of that.

MadMau

Wrangler
Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
The FBI knew of the text message Strzok sent to Page about stopping Trump from winning the election and they didn't release it for months and months.

Everything happens for a reason in DC and this was a perfect storm to ruin Trump's meeting with Putin. Rosenstein has done nothing but hinder this investigation. He's just trying to save his own butt.

They're all trying to drag this out until the mid-terms and hope like heck the democrats win so all of these investigations come to a quick halt. Considering the corruption of our intelligence agencies, the democrats will win the house. They'll make sure of that.
We'll see. I'm still not going to lump Rosenstein in with the Bad actors at this point.

And here's a thought......

And I'm not saying this will happen, just musing here, but wouldn't it be interesting if the Dems do regain the house in the midterms and then before new members are seated a second special counsel is appointed.

That would be the proverbial Ace in the Hole.

Jul 20, 2018
We'll see. I'm still not going to lump Rosenstein in with the Bad actors at this point.

And here's a thought......

And I'm not saying this will happen, just musing here, but wouldn't it be interesting if the Dems do regain the house in the midterms and then before new members are seated a second special counsel is appointed.

That would be the proverbial Ace in the Hole.
I really want to trust him or just somebody in the FBI. Very difficult to.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

He needs to prove his innocent before I believe he wasn't at least complicit. Additionally with the mounting evidence he's not doing much to bring the truth forward. I've got a feeling they're circling their wagons right now.

MadMau

Wrangler
Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
He needs to prove his innocent before I believe he wasn't at least complicit. Additionally with the mounting evidence he's not doing much to bring the truth forward. I've got a feeling they're circling their wagons right now.
What happened to innocent before proven guilty? And just how would he prove his innocence to you? Conduct matters the way you want them conducted?

Sure they're circling the wagons to protect the reputation of their respective agencies, that's how government works. And I don't like the way the FBI and DOJ have slow walked information requests and/or redacted information that isn't going to hurt National Security either. But I've read in articles (by people I believe are seeking the truth) that these redactions are being done by agents and bureaucrats below Rosenstein's leadership level. In that same vein, he testified he didn't read the entire file before he signed the last FISA application. He could be involved, but more likely he was duped by the bad actors in investigative roles (read good ole Pete and the gang here).

There's more than enough evidence to throw Page, Strzok, Ohr and others under the first passing bus available, but Rosenstein and Mueller for that matter just don't fit in that peg hole yet. IMO