Actual attendance last night

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
Don't know the number but I would guess around 9,000? The bottom bowl was full. 200s were 85-90% and the 300s were less than a third full.

It was the biggest crowd we've had this year, so probably about the same as we'd get for Louisiana-Monroe four years ago. :mad:

On the plus side, the students showed up and were pretty loud.

im4okst

Protecting this house.
May 21, 2006
Tulsa
Sorry guys, I watched on TV and thought we had a good crowd.

I know it is not like it used to be. But, for all the bitching you would have thought there was only 2,000 there.

I guess people have to find something to bitch about since we won.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok

I know it is not like it used to be. But, for all the bitching you would have thought there was only 2,000 there.

"Good crowd" is relative, I guess.

Good crowd based on recent crowds? Ok.
Good crowd based on previous crowds in the last 10 years? Not even close.

okstateguy987

Teamo Supremo
May 7, 2007
I'm guessing 7,000. 8,000 might be pushing it. We did not have a good showing, but the people that did show, congratulations for making it a rowdy atmosphere!

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I'm guessing 7,000. 8,000 might be pushing it. We did not have a good showing, but the people that did show, congratulations for making it a rowdy atmosphere!
I was there in the student section behind the south side goal and that was the loudest I've heard GIA in YEARS! Good job students, alumni, and Spirit Band. It was like a mini version of the old days.

The players seemed to enjoy the atmosphere. Their excitement was evident throughout the game. They even went up into the stands to sing the Alma Mater after the game was over!

I thought the crowd was excellent, except for some of the end 300 sections. Even the GA and alumni seats in the 300s looked pretty full to me.

Aug 28, 2006
Oklahoma City

I thought it looked terrible on TV. When they showed the upper sections, they were almost empty. If you only saw the crowd when they showed the lower bowl, it might have looked good.

I remember as a student from 2000-2005, if you didn't show up 45 minutes early, you sat in the last couple of rows of the upper section. I miss being able to go to every game.

Sep 27, 2007
Texas
I thought it looked terrible on TV. When they showed the upper sections, they were almost empty. If you only saw the crowd when they showed the lower bowl, it might have looked good.

I remember as a student from 2000-2005, if you didn't show up 45 minutes early, you sat in the last couple of rows of the upper section. I miss being able to go to every game.
The crowd was embarrasing to see on TV - it was mentioned by the broadcasters - good news was that the students did turn it up in the second half - also noticed, and seemed to help the team.

All I know is that I have six football tix and managed to make sure there were butts in all seats at all games, whether that meant selling, giving or going myself. I JUST DON'T GET OWNING ONE OF THE BEST BASKETBALL SEATS IN AMERICA AND LETTING IT GO EMPTY. There must be a better way to get the holders to donate, sell, give away or do SOMETHING with those seats.

Mar 24, 2005
People will go to games when they want to. Fact is, when donation prices went up, fewer people renewed their season tickets. Now, in order to get better football tickets you have to buy basketball season tickets even if you don't want to attend basketball games. UO did the same thing years ago and it hurt their basketball attendance. Remember, it is money first, attendance second. There are other factors, too. The baby boomers are getting older and they are not going to attend games in the middle of the week like they used to. Where are the younger fans?

okstateguy987

Teamo Supremo
May 7, 2007

I showed up 45 minutes early and I could have gotten floor seats if I wanted to. It was definitely sparse in there. About 10 minutes before the game, you'd think we weren't even having a game as there were not even 1,000 people there. Only after the national anthem did the place really start filling with people.

Sad, sad day in Cowboy Basketball. I guess nobody thinks it's "cool" anymore to win and beat ranked teams on the road.

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
I showed up 45 minutes early and I could have gotten floor seats if I wanted to. It was definitely sparse in there. About 10 minutes before the game, you'd think we weren't even having a game as there were not even 1,000 people there. Only after the national anthem did the place really start filling with people.

Sad, sad day in Cowboy Basketball. I guess nobody thinks it's "cool" anymore to win and beat ranked teams on the road.
I walked in at 18:13. It was an early game so anybody with a drive was pushing it to be there on time. That's probably why it looked so bad right up until game time.

Even so, GIA is a shell of its' former self. When you add the upswing in football to the Sutton backlash, you get what we've seen this year. If the place isn't packed on Monday then I think we can officially declare the days of a nation of rabid OSU basketball fans to be a thing of the past. :(

Mike D

Wrangler
Dec 20, 2007
Broken Arrow
The crowd was embarrasing to see on TV - it was mentioned by the broadcasters - good news was that the students did turn it up in the second half - also noticed, and seemed to help the team.

All I know is that I have six football tix and managed to make sure there were butts in all seats at all games, whether that meant selling, giving or going myself. I JUST DON'T GET OWNING ONE OF THE BEST BASKETBALL SEATS IN AMERICA AND LETTING IT GO EMPTY. There must be a better way to get the holders to donate, sell, give away or do SOMETHING with those seats.
Well, on the other attendance thread, I asked the same exact question. I was told it was because they don't have time to find someone to occupy the seat. I offered up my OSU fan fininding services, but I somehow doubt I will be taken up on the offer. It's FUBAR.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Well, on the other attendance thread, I asked the same exact question. I was told it was because they don't have time to find someone to occupy the seat. I offered up my OSU fan fininding services, but I somehow doubt I will be taken up on the offer. It's FUBAR.
Yeah, that is pure BS.

You are telling me that if you came on here and said you have two tickets you need to get rid of there would be no response?:rolleyes:

I know plenty of fans that would want them, INCLUDING ME!

Mike D

Wrangler
Dec 20, 2007
Broken Arrow
Well maybe Fade can explain how much time it takes. He is one of the ones claiming he can't find someone to use the tickets, or doesn't have the time.
Makes not a bit of sense to me.

You would have 10 responses in a minute on this board. Call the ticket office and 2 minutes later, you have suddenly become a responsible OSU fan.

Oct 9, 2009

It is pathetic, I live in Wichita and have been to every home game but two. Wichita State isn't even close to the talent we have in Stilly and they sellout everynight. Same with other schools in college town. It's pathetic and embarrassing.

Nov 9, 2005
Edmond, Oklahoma
I walked in at 18:13. It was an early game so anybody with a drive was pushing it to be there on time. That's probably why it looked so bad right up until game time.

Even so, GIA is a shell of its' former self. When you add the upswing in football to the Sutton backlash, you get what we've seen this year. If the place isn't packed on Monday then I think we can officially declare the days of a nation of rabid OSU basketball fans to be a thing of the past. :(
Doug Gottlieb basically said the other day that they are a thing of the past. He said its embarassing to see games on tv with all of these empty seats and that you can't consider GIA among the elite arenas in the country anymore. Holder needs to lower the price to fit the demand. Obviously the price is not consistent with the demand for the ticket. His stubborness is really pissing me off. Long term, we are better off lowering the price to allow for greater attendance. Hell, more people being in the arena means higher concessions sales which may offset some of the price decrease.